St. Joe London heart program abuse ma...

St. Joe London heart program abuse makes nation news

Posted in the Keavy Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned

United States

#1 Feb 22, 2013
I can not believe there is not more talk about shutting St Joes heart program down. This is now national news and people continue to go there Wow not me or my family....... See read attached article

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryhusten/2013/...
Victim

United States

#2 Feb 22, 2013
Concerned wrote:
I can not believe there is not more talk about shutting St Joes heart program down. This is now national news and people continue to go there Wow not me or my family....... See read attached article
http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryhusten/2013/...
My dad got stents there and went to Lexington later to learn he has no heart disease. Hospital and doctors should pay and be put out of business
Citizen of London

United States

#3 Feb 22, 2013
This is very embarrassing for London. I just read the article about London hospital doing more heart procedures than UK and UL. Some at hospital had to know they were doing to many procedures but I guess money was to good
Enough

Louisville, KY

#4 Feb 22, 2013
They should all be put in jail. They injuried and killed several people for money
Payoff

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Feb 22, 2013
Citizen of London wrote:
This is very embarrassing for London. I just read the article about London hospital doing more heart procedures than UK and UL. Some at hospital had to know they were doing to many procedures but I guess money was to good
They knew it was happening, they liked the almighty buck to much to care though. They had to pay for that new hospital one way or the other didn't they. These doctors aren't the only ones doing unnecessary procedures for money, their are plenty of others doing it to. It all comes down to money, money, money. Patient care just has seem to faded away from the healthcare profession, hasn't it?
biffster

Flat Lick, KY

#6 Feb 23, 2013
The running joke of the employees was the only indication needed for a heart cath was a pulse. If you raised any questions admin would replace you because all they care about is money.

ps the er is worse
HelpMe Gov

London, KY

#7 Feb 23, 2013
"Obamacare reaches London."
Heartbreaker

Flat Lick, KY

#8 Feb 23, 2013
HelpMe Gov wrote:
"Obamacare reaches London."
This was happening long before anyone had ever heard of Obama. Hell, they even wanted to do heart transplants but the state wouldn't let them.
Gunner

Waneta, KY

#9 Feb 23, 2013
Concerned wrote:
I can not believe there is not more talk about shutting St Joes heart program down. This is now national news and people continue to go there Wow not me or my family....... See read attached article
http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryhusten/2013/...
Welcome to Kentucky. I've lived here for about thirteen years and I found out about the doctors in London real quick. I had to find myself a Cardiloglist and was told I needed stents. I took my medical record to Lexington and was told there were no signs I needed stents. But I can't believe some of the people. If a doctor says something, they won't question him or get a second opinion. Theres no telling how many times this happens, not only with the heart.
HelpMe Gov

London, KY

#10 Feb 23, 2013
Heartbreaker wrote:
<quoted text>
This was happening long before anyone had ever heard of Obama. Hell, they even wanted to do heart transplants but the state wouldn't let them.
Duuuuhhhh! Opened March 2010. Two years after Bush built the hospital and obammy was elected. Damned George Bush..........

You may have a Cerebral hypoxia lawsuit?
Local opinion

Tucker, GA

#11 Feb 23, 2013
Would not go there now for no amount of money :)
for your info

Annville, KY

#12 Feb 23, 2013
A lot of the doctor that work in London are from Lexington too. They work in both places. Check it out if you don't believe me.
whodidit

Dyer, TN

#13 Feb 25, 2013
Does anyone have the names of physicians involved in this?
need to know

Brownsville, TN

#14 Feb 25, 2013
i just had a heart cath with stents done three months ago and feel worst now then i did before it was done. i need to know if my surgeon was one of them on this list! how do we find out! some days i feel like i am going to die from being so tired and having heart palpatations, short of my breath and such. to make it worst i am plain scared to go back to my doctor now cause of the bills i been getting from them all ready. if they put me back in the hospital i will be broke and homeless! i cant pay these bills and dont know what i am going to do! i paid my copay but got more bills on top of it after they said i wouldnt. if the treatment dont kill me then all of this stress sure will.
Feelsgreat

Mount Vernon, KY

#15 Feb 26, 2013
need to know wrote:
i just had a heart cath with stents done three months ago and feel worst now then i did before it was done. i need to know if my surgeon was one of them on this list! how do we find out! some days i feel like i am going to die from being so tired and having heart palpatations, short of my breath and such. to make it worst i am plain scared to go back to my doctor now cause of the bills i been getting from them all ready. if they put me back in the hospital i will be broke and homeless! i cant pay these bills and dont know what i am going to do! i paid my copay but got more bills on top of it after they said i wouldnt. if the treatment dont kill me then all of this stress sure will.
Strange I had triple heart bypass done and a stint done at St Joes London and I feel great. I think its a shame that they have let one ignorant Dr. Cause their Heart unit to get shut down. They need to put him on a table and do brain Bypass on him.
googlessay

London, KY

#16 Feb 26, 2013
whodidit wrote:
Does anyone have the names of physicians involved in this?
http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headlines/Lawsu...

http://www.sentinel-echo.com/x1831852247/Laws...

"The defendants in the case include Catholic Health Initiatives, the owning company for the London hospital; Saint Joseph Health System Inc., Saint Joseph London, Premier Heart and Vascular Center, London Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Cardiovascular Specialists PSC, Cardiovascular Specialists of the Cumberlands PLLC, The Heart Center, Heart Clinic of Southeast Kentucky PSC, and The Medical Specialists of Kentucky PSC.

Cardiologists listed in the overall lawsuit include Drs. Oluwole Abe, Ashwini Anand, Anis Chalhoub, Satybrata Chatterjee, Minoo Kavarana, Olawale Olatunji, Sandesh Patil, Suresh Rekhraj, Srikanth Sadhu, James H. Shoptaw, and Raul L. Vilca.

The lawsuit also names the billing and management organizations for the cardiologists, specifically Management Service Organization and MSO of Kentucky Inc."
Still alive

London, KY

#17 Feb 27, 2013
OK so here is a question to all of you who say that they would not go to any of the heart doctors. Say you are having a heart attack and need help to save your life are you going to take a chance of dying by going somewhere else. My husband would have died if I had not got him to the hospital in time. Dr. Anand did an emergency cath on him and put a much needed stent in him. My husband had the widow maker heart attack (meaning he was 100% blocked in his main artery). He had only minutes to get help or die. I know for a fact that some procedures that were done by some of the other heart doctor where done just for the money in their pocket. Dr. Anand was a clinic all by himself for years until he joined the Heart Doctors. He has never worked in their clinic and I don't beleive he had any ideal what was going on in the office on 5th st. I believe Dr. Anand to be a caring, and God fearing man. So when you are on here talking about the heart doctors remember one of them just might end up saving your life or a family member.
Londonresident

Mount Vernon, KY

#18 Mar 2, 2013
Still alive wrote:
OK so here is a question to all of you who say that they would not go to any of the heart doctors. Say you are having a heart attack and need help to save your life are you going to take a chance of dying by going somewhere else. My husband would have died if I had not got him to the hospital in time. Dr. Anand did an emergency cath on him and put a much needed stent in him. My husband had the widow maker heart attack (meaning he was 100% blocked in his main artery). He had only minutes to get help or die. I know for a fact that some procedures that were done by some of the other heart doctor where done just for the money in their pocket. Dr. Anand was a clinic all by himself for years until he joined the Heart Doctors. He has never worked in their clinic and I don't beleive he had any ideal what was going on in the office on 5th st. I believe Dr. Anand to be a caring, and God fearing man. So when you are on here talking about the heart doctors remember one of them just might end up saving your life or a family member.
I will continue to see Dr. Anand I am very happy with the treatment I have had from him. Its a shame that the people in London dont want a good heart unit in their hospital here. There is alot of london laurel co Cant afford to run to Lexington Drs. Their family cant run to lexington if they have to have heart or any other surgery procedures done. I will help fight to get a good heart unit back in the St Joes London. There is two particular nurses in London fights it tooth and nail against it. Its a shame because both of them nurses are in very poor health themselves.
Been there

Manchester, KY

#19 Mar 5, 2013
need to know wrote:
i just had a heart cath with stents done three months ago and feel worst now then i did before it was done. i need to know if my surgeon was one of them on this list! how do we find out! some days i feel like i am going to die from being so tired and having heart palpatations, short of my breath and such. to make it worst i am plain scared to go back to my doctor now cause of the bills i been getting from them all ready. if they put me back in the hospital i will be broke and homeless! i cant pay these bills and dont know what i am going to do! i paid my copay but got more bills on top of it after they said i wouldnt. if the treatment dont kill me then all of this stress sure will.
You need to take all your medical records and yourself to lexington for a check-up with REAL DOCTORS
Been there

Manchester, KY

#20 Mar 5, 2013
Still alive wrote:
OK so here is a question to all of you who say that they would not go to any of the heart doctors. Say you are having a heart attack and need help to save your life are you going to take a chance of dying by going somewhere else. My husband would have died if I had not got him to the hospital in time. Dr. Anand did an emergency cath on him and put a much needed stent in him. My husband had the widow maker heart attack (meaning he was 100% blocked in his main artery). He had only minutes to get help or die. I know for a fact that some procedures that were done by some of the other heart doctor where done just for the money in their pocket. Dr. Anand was a clinic all by himself for years until he joined the Heart Doctors. He has never worked in their clinic and I don't beleive he had any ideal what was going on in the office on 5th st. I believe Dr. Anand to be a caring, and God fearing man. So when you are on here talking about the heart doctors remember one of them just might end up saving your life or a family member.
Your husband is the only type of patient these DRs should be seeing, I don't think you understand that they were doing heart surgery's on all of their patients and I see why, most people are just stuiped and trust every thing a Dr says to them

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Union organization at Corbin Walmart 36 min Beelzebub 25
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Moe Larry Curly 156,579
Soccer mommies running stop signs 1 hr Mad trucker 22
Trucker in London ky tonight and wants to play 3 hr Trucker 1
shane mccormick (Sep '12) 3 hr Jessica 20
Sammy's Furniture (Jul '14) 4 hr Jerry Simms 17
Missing cat.. 5 hr Elmo 15

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages