Next Last

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#1 Jun 7, 2013
This is so sad.
wondering

Bolivar, MO

#2 Jun 7, 2013
Was the Eddie Sizemore killed in the crash the Sizemore that use to be a deputy sheriff here in Laurel?
Eddie

London, KY

#3 Jun 7, 2013
Yes it was Eddie Sizemore from London
Ralp

Krypton, KY

#4 Jun 7, 2013
"The company identified the crewmembers as pilot Eddie Sizemore, flight paramedic Herman "Lee" Dobbs and flight nurse Jesse Jones. They were on their back to base in Manchester after transporting a patient to a hospital in London, Ky.

Laurel County Sheriff's spokesman Gilbert Acciardo told the Lexington Herald-Leader that Sizemore had retired as a deputy from the sheriff's office, but returned in 2011 before leaving the position to become a pilot for Air Evac Lifeteam.

"He enjoyed flying," Acciardo said. "That was his passion."

Air Evac Lifeteam President and CEO Seth Myers said the company is devastated by the loss of the crew.

Federal air safety officials planned to investigate the accident."
jessica

Manchester, KY

#5 Jun 7, 2013
To the family's who have lost all these great hero's.
You will all be in our thought's and prayers.They gave their lives doing what they loved and will always be remembered as HERO'S!!!!!!!!
rhonda

Morristown, TN

#6 Jun 7, 2013
sad
June

London, KY

#7 Jun 7, 2013
What a tragedy.So sorry to read about this today.Prayers for all the family and friends of these wonderful men.They will be missed greatly.
funredhead

Winchester, KY

#8 Jun 7, 2013
grew up with eddie went to school with him and his brother they were always good to me
thinkin

London, KY

#9 Jun 7, 2013
wondering wrote:
Was the Eddie Sizemore killed in the crash the Sizemore that use to be a deputy sheriff here in Laurel?
yeah and sometimes he worked over in the courtroom years ago if this is the same sizemore
respectful

Somerset, KY

#10 Jun 7, 2013
Our hearts are so saddened for the families of all three men. What a shame that they died so tragically. I'm sure each was doing a job he loved. Our prayers and thoughts are sent to their families and their communities. Their jobs, like that of law enforcement officers, is so needed and often unappreciated until a tragedy occurs. I'm sure the patient transported to St. Joe London was a life and death transport and can realize that they may have saved his/her life but gave theirs. I'm sure the men and women who worked with Eddie at LCSO are hurt beyond words. He worked there so much longer than at his air flight job. They band together and I am sure they will extend every protocol possible to him and his family. It seems that he may have been given the opportunity to return to his first love--flying. I understand he was trained as a flight officer during the Vietnam War. How sad. God bless them.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#11 Jun 7, 2013
Tragic. My thoughts are with the family & friends of these men.
how

Chicago, IL

#12 Jun 7, 2013
how in the world could something like this happen to such a knowledgable pilot?
sadden

Middlesboro, KY

#13 Jun 7, 2013
what a terrible loss.
fog is oh so dangerous even driving in a car.
Nurse

Somerset, KY

#14 Jun 8, 2013
This company has had 16 accidents since 1998. And this is the fourth set of three crew members to die from crashes since 2007. Unbelievable!!! If you would like to read the story it's in the Lexington Hearld Leader!
So sick of you people

Middlesboro, KY

#15 Jun 8, 2013
And here we go with the dirt slinging. How sad I feel sometimes to live among such negative and callous people. Can't you just be polite and allow one string to be left alone so everyone can honor these men for a change? Why is everything always a conspiracy? You're opening a can of worms that will bring out every hateful and lying troll on these boards now. Just wait and see what you've started. But you already know that don't you? How very very sad to want to turn this string into an accusation throwing fest. You should be ashamed. I hope you're satisfied with yourself once you get your thrills at the expense of these men and their memory.
smh
backup

Winchester, KY

#16 Jun 8, 2013
So sick of you people wrote:
And here we go with the dirt slinging. How sad I feel sometimes to live among such negative and callous people. Can't you just be polite and allow one string to be left alone so everyone can honor these men for a change? Why is everything always a conspiracy? You're opening a can of worms that will bring out every hateful and lying troll on these boards now. Just wait and see what you've started. But you already know that don't you? How very very sad to want to turn this string into an accusation throwing fest. You should be ashamed. I hope you're satisfied with yourself once you get your thrills at the expense of these men and their memory.
smh
You've got it all wrong so sick. You are the one thats trying to start crap. I read all of these post and they say nothing but sympathy except for the one just above yours and thats public knowledge. Where is the dirt slinging except in your quote? You are the start of dirt slinging. I'd be ashamed.
Hmmmmmm

Melvin, KY

#17 Jun 8, 2013
backup wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got it all wrong so sick. You are the one thats trying to start crap. I read all of these post and they say nothing but sympathy except for the one just above yours and thats public knowledge. Where is the dirt slinging except in your quote? You are the start of dirt slinging. I'd be ashamed.
Exactly WHERE in the post by 'nurse' was there anything but placing of blame ? Sometimes there is just a thing called an 'accident!' This one may have absolutely nothing to do with the others. You both are starting something. It is what it is.
MEEEE

Bolivar, MO

#18 Jun 8, 2013
So sick of you people wrote:
smh
No one is slinging mud at these people this was a tragedy and we are devastated as a community.

However, just to ignore the circumstances in which these people died would just be ignorant! Do want to just stick your head in the sand and let it happen again? Do you want to put more great people in danger? I would hope not.

This company has had several deadly accidents and it bears looking into.

Also, why were they flying people to London? Are you serious? There is a reason our medical bills are skyrocketing. I think we should get ready for some more problems when Medicare/Medicaid looks into how many of these transports they have been paying for!

Let me make this clear...I mean no disrespect for these great men that lost their lives! On the contrary, It is because I value heroes like them that I feel we must get to the bottom of why this happened and try to prevent it from happening again!!!
so sad

United States

#19 Jun 8, 2013
This is a tragedy. I am confident their will be a through Investigation. It is a sad thing when people loose their lives to such tragedy.
However, things from the past often come back to the fore front and the lawyers will come out of the wood work with law suits.
When the Laurel County Sheriff's Department had a Helicopter they got from the Government, Military Surplus, I believe Eddie Sizemore was the Pilot of that aircraft when it crashed. Luckily he walked away from that crash. However, the Lawyers will bring this up, should a wrongful death suit be filed.
Right now it is Mourn those who were Killed in this tragedy then wait and see the Headline assessing blame for the crash. It is sad but most likely will happen.
Ronnie James

United States

#23 Jun 8, 2013
id blame the person they had to fly to london that night, if not for whomever it was these three men would still be alive..was one life worth the three that were lost? so in my opinion whomever they flew out that night can personally hold themself responsible for these three mens lives

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 21 min Don Barros Serrano 148,907
Hear Ye The Word Of The Lord! 1 hr The truth hurts 1
st Josephs hospital 1 hr Prettyricky 10
Erin Lawton (Jun '11) 4 hr Sweet 26
Does anyone know where James Melton is? (Oct '08) 5 hr Rat 9
will any local churches help a disabled person ... 6 hr friend 1
Drug dealers on Paris Karr Road (May '09) May '16 Curiousfriend 76
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages