Woman shot in Laurel County

Woman shot in Laurel County

Posted in the Keavy Forum

poster

Doniphan, MO

#1 Feb 5, 2013
LAUREL CO., Ky.(WKYT)- It was about 3 o’clock Sunday morning…when some people on Locust Grove road found a victim of apparent violence….on their front porch.

“Hi, my mother-in-law called and said there is a half-naked lady sitting on her front porch, bleeding, saying that she’s been shot. And they’re coming back after her,” the caller is heard telling the dispatcher during the 911 call.

Police say that woman was _________ and neighbors say she crawled several hundred yards when an argument in her home became violent.

“And as she went down the hallway her boyfriend got a 22 rifle and starting firing at her,” said Gilbert Acciardo with the Laurel County Sheriff’s Office.

Relatives say ________ underwent surgery Sunday. Police say they’re not sure what sparked the argument, family members say it may have had something to do with medication.

“And they (deputies) found her boyfriend in a back bedroom passed out, holding the rifle in his hand that apparently he shot her with,” said Acciardo.

Lawson was charged with assault and also wanton endangerment because their 11 year old was nearby the gunfire.

Lawson remains in jail,______'s at London’s St. Joe Hospital for two gunshot wounds to the leg.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headlines/Peopl...

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#2 Feb 5, 2013
By the way it says her boyfriend was found 'passed out' and relatives said medication may have been involved, if true (for my legal protection), my response is 'guns and drugs do not mix'.
Ralph

London, KY

#3 Feb 6, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
By the way it says her boyfriend was found 'passed out' and relatives said medication may have been involved, if true (for my legal protection), my response is 'guns and drugs do not mix'.
I bet it takes a perscription to get the "medication." I bet it has instructions. I would also wager shooting females in hallways is illegal also. One more law is all it would have taken to prevent this shooting.

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#4 Feb 6, 2013
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet it takes a perscription to get the "medication." I bet it has instructions. I would also wager shooting females in hallways is illegal also. One more law is all it would have taken to prevent this shooting.
Maybe another or improved law may have helped. It's only illegal for felons to possess guns. Anyone convicted of drug offences (other than pot) also need to be included in that law. How many crimes, including domestic violence, are committed by drug users?
Ralph

London, KY

#5 Feb 6, 2013
..... and kids that had fights when they were in school. The short fat ugly girls. By all means fins any excuse to relieve them of their civil rights.

Civil rights, ever hear of them? Maybe just the ones you enjoy?

The 1.3 Million dollar judgement the National Rifle Association was reimbursed all legal fees accumulated in the CIVIL RIGHTS TRIAL. Belive ol' deadfish had to sign the checks. lol
Standard Airbag

Mount Vernon, KY

#7 Feb 6, 2013
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me get this straight.....

You say that by adding another law that this shooting wouldn't have happened? Please explain that to me because apparently this person wasn't abiding by more than one law when this happened..... Are you really naive enough to believe that he would abide by an additional one?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#8 Feb 7, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe another or improved law may have helped. It's only illegal for felons to possess guns. Anyone convicted of drug offences (other than pot) also need to be included in that law. How many crimes, including domestic violence, are committed by drug users?
And how many are crimes are committed by mental cases? More than drug addicts. By all means, give us more laws. Cause we don't have enough yet. It it wasn't guns, it would be rocks, if not rocks, sticks. And yadda yadda yadda.

Since: Jun 12

Deadwood, SD

#9 Feb 7, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe another or improved law may have helped. It's only illegal for felons to possess guns. Anyone convicted of drug offences (other than pot) also need to be included in that law. How many crimes, including domestic violence, are committed by drug users?
I`d say about half of all are drug and alcohol related...... But, Its simple enough. You cannot legislate insanity, or stupidity.

No one is psychic, and we are at a time in the history of the United State where, it is easier to list the things that you can do, rather than the things you cannot.

Enforce the laws we have, adding more will not help.
Ralph

London, KY

#10 Feb 7, 2013
Standard Airbag wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me get this straight.....
You say that by adding another law that this shooting wouldn't have happened? Please explain that to me because apparently this person wasn't abiding by more than one law when this happened..... Are you really naive enough to believe that he would abide by an additional one?
No I am not! Neither is any other rational person capable of basic thought.

Sarcasim doesn't play well in print. lol

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#11 Feb 7, 2013
_Twisted Wicked_ wrote:
<quoted text>I`d say about half of all are drug and alcohol related...... But, Its simple enough. You cannot legislate insanity, or stupidity.

No one is psychic, and we are at a time in the history of the United State where, it is easier to list the things that you can do, rather than the things you cannot.

Enforce the laws we have, adding more will not help.
Indeed

“Pulmonary Hypertension aware”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#12 Feb 7, 2013
ok first off, intoxication in any form is not a defense, nor does it allow for the altered mind defense. Second there needs to be changes made to the gun laws. They need to be revised and there needs to be better ways to enforce them and the man hours to achieve this. And before you make assumptions. I dont think we need to do away with all guns but i think that people should have to work for that right just like cops have to. There should be classes and training and a sense of responsiblity. Not the attitude that you have a new toy. No I am not a gun owner, but that is by choice. Mankind as a whole is much to flawed to be trusted without the introduction of training.
umm

London, KY

#13 Feb 8, 2013
This is the second time in less than a year that this same man was arguing with her. Last May he shot a gun that struck a chair near their 10 year old kid. The kid is now 11 and has been around the shootings both times. Locust Grove Road seems to be the ghetto. Cars coming in and out from Florida and other states. After 10 PM cars in and out. Don't forgot never know who or what you are going to find in the wooded areas. This was a quiet street years ago but now it is a scary place to live. If the sheriff really wants to clean up this county then he needs to start cleaning up this street but it wouldn't suprise me if they aren't involved in it too since they know it is here but they haven't done anything about it.
http://www.sentinel-echo.com/x1561290635/Viol...
Sentinel-Echo.com
May 24, 2012
Violence erupts on Locust Grove Road
Man struck with an ax during domestic dispute
By Nita Johnson
Staff Writer
LAUREL COUNTY, Ky.— Locust Grove Road in southern Laurel County was the site of two violent incidents over the weekend, one of which sent a London man for medical treatment.
The first incident involved a man being struck with an ax during a domestic dispute between a married couple.
According to a press release from the Laurel County Sheriff’s Office, Deputy Jeff Blunschi answered the call of a domestic situation around 10 p.m. Sunday. An investigation revealed that Justin D. Parsons and his wife were involved in an argument at their residence, eight miles south of London, when another man — later described as the wife’s uncle — intervened. Parsons was allegedly chasing his wife with an ax. Lowell Huff was struck in the chest area with the ax and was taken to Saint Joseph-London for injuries.
Parsons, 28, told Sheriff’s deputies he did not intentionally hurt anyone and that he threw the ax upward in the air and it fell and struck Huff in the chest. Parsons was charged with first-degree assault in the incident, and taken to Laurel County Detention Center.
Blunschi was assisted at the scene by Detective Daryl Zanet, who is continuing the investigation.
Five hours later, deputies returned to Locust Grove Road to another residence, six miles south of London, in which a man reportedly shot at his girlfriend.
Deputy Joshua Scott arrived at the scene around 3:10 a.m. Monday and found a bullet hole in the floor of the residence. Scott then located the gun with the empty case still inside it. The investigation revealed that 36-year-old Richard Lawson of Earl Howard Road in Keavy was involved in an argument with his girlfriend at the Locust Grove home and fired a .410 caliber pistol during the argument. However, the shot struck near a chair where the couple’s 10-year-old child had been sitting.
Lawson was charged with first-degree wanton endangerment and taken to the Laurel County Detention Center.
Assisting at the scene were Deputy Kirk Mays and Constable Denver May.
[email protected]
not bad

East Bernstadt, KY

#14 Feb 8, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a bad idea. That idea should be passed to state legislators.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) 16 min Davey 9,297
Jackie Steele (Nov '08) 32 min Xyz 12
which Hole is the best 1 hr bi hung 10
Sharon Hale (Jun '10) 1 hr OGS 6
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Patriot 151,736
Why does this site have such selective censorin... 2 hr Farm_er 4
Empty buildings 2 hr Bob 2

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages