N Laurel Graduation: Thank You School...

N Laurel Graduation: Thank You School For Allowing Prayers

Posted in the Keavy Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Proud parent

Chicago, IL

#1 May 18, 2013
It made me feel so proud right there in that gym, when everyone bowed their heads as the speakers said their prayers and mentioned God occasionally in their speeches.
I thank God that we in Laurel County are still allowed to mention our creator.
hurrah

Houston, TX

#2 May 18, 2013
amen i agree and we need more of it.
Chucky

United States

#3 May 18, 2013
Good to here this for a change !!!!!!!!!!

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#4 May 18, 2013
Hope to here more of it
Hear Hear

Flat Lick, KY

#5 May 18, 2013
hear...
Prayer is victory

Austin, TX

#6 May 18, 2013
I hope to see and hear more of this also, for prayer is victory with God.
Psalms 9:17:
The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.
Awesome

Somerset, KY

#7 May 18, 2013
Awesome, I only saw a few with hats on but at least they didn't cause any noise and were respectful. It's a start.
hhhmmm

Hazard, KY

#8 May 19, 2013
See, this attitude is the problem. You can't be satisfied that people were allowed to pray and mention God. No, you want everyone to obey your religious mandates. Insist, really. And it is getting old. This is what angers most non-religious people. Stop insisting that everyone follow your religion and enjoy the freedom you have to worship.
Awesome wrote:
Awesome, I only saw a few with hats on but at least they didn't cause any noise and were respectful. It's a start.
Proud parent

Chicago, IL

#11 May 19, 2013
hhhmmm wrote:
See, this attitude is the problem. You can't be satisfied that people were allowed to pray and mention God. No, you want everyone to obey your religious mandates. Insist, really. And it is getting old. This is what angers most non-religious people. Stop insisting that everyone follow your religion and enjoy the freedom you have to worship.
<quoted text>
No one is forcing you to do anything. But you must not force others to do your bidding either.
We are not a slave nation, yet!
hhhmmm

Hazard, KY

#12 May 19, 2013
Proud parent wrote:
<quoted text>No one is forcing you to do anything. But you must not force others to do your bidding either.
We are not a slave nation, yet!
Didn't ask anyone to do my bidding. I would just like for the Government not to favor one religion over another and I don't want them to prohibiting the free exercise of which ever one I choose (if I wish to have one).

That way you can worship all you want, personally, and so can I, If I so choose. You can even pray in public. Students can too. As long as they follow rules all students must follow.

I don't want the Government, or the school, or a teacher, or a neighbor, or the mayor, or anyone else to decide which religion I should follow. I don't want them to insist it be followed even if it is the one I choose for myself.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#13 May 19, 2013
You Christians will never be satisfied unless everyone bows to your mythology. You should ashamed. Religion is a plague on humanity.
Happy Happy

Flat Lick, KY

#14 May 19, 2013
Anti-theist wrote:
You Christians will never be satisfied unless everyone bows to your mythology. You should ashamed. Religion is a plague on humanity.
Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.*smile*

Think it over son, just don't take too long.

Location hidden

#16 May 19, 2013
Your silly threats do not intimidate intelligent, rational people. Try them on the young or dumb. When an offer is accompanied by a threat, that's the first indication that it's a sham.
Happy Happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.*smile*
Think it over son, just don't take too long.
Upset

Austin, TX

#17 May 19, 2013
al luh duh wrote:
<quoted text>"I would just like for the Government not to favor one religion over another"
your obama gov already favors one religion over another. the muslims. http://www.bing.com/search...
p.s. when their law is implemented and they take a hold just right, you will bow to allah or die.
our christian god the father of all creation did not force you to bow.
but islam will demand it.
For the sake of “hope and change” Obama found it convenient to say he is Christian. Obama would have better represented himself in the eyes of America if he was honest about his faith because lying about one’s religion is major deception and is not the everyday policy lies of politicians. The only religion on earth that advises its followers to lie about being a Muslim in a majority non-Muslim country is Islam. That adds to the suspicion about Obama, his faith and why he favors Islam so much. Lying for the purpose of jihad in Islam is also not only allowed, but an obligation to be proud of and a means to blame the enemies of Islam for one’s lies. Shariah law states:“Lying is obligatory if the purpose is obligatory.” Incidentally, Obama never criticizes Shariah and has people in his administration that defend Shariah. All of that take us to the same direction; why is Obama acting so much in favor of Islam? http://fryeburgchronicle.blogspot.com/2013/04...
P.S. When Islam gets a stranglehold on Americans, they will think Christian rule would be paradise.
This will definitely be a prison planet.
Christian

London, KY

#18 May 19, 2013
Well become valedictorian or something and u will earn the right to speak about your god. Your probably too stupid for that though.
Faith

Somerset, KY

#19 May 19, 2013
Anti-theist wrote:
Now what kind of Christian would we be if we didn't try to witness to you and get you to believe. Just think how bad and dangerous humanity would be if we didn't have religion.

Location hidden

#20 May 19, 2013
Actually, the world would be much safer if faith-heads kept their religions to themselves.

Public school is not he place to peddle your wares. No solicitation.
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Now what kind of Christian would we be if we didn't try to witness to you and get you to believe. Just think how bad and dangerous humanity would be if we didn't have religion.
heres another

Phoenix, AZ

#21 May 20, 2013
Anti-theist wrote:
Actually, the world would be much safer if faith-heads kept their religions to themselves.
Public school is not he place to peddle your wares. No solicitation.
<quoted text>
public school decided on their own to have their prayer in the graduation ceremonies. its their freedom of choice. no one should try to steal that right away.

and everyone else should ignore the atheists bitter retorts.

let him have his say, but ignore him, and have your own say as well.
Actually

London, KY

#23 May 20, 2013
heres another wrote:
<quoted text>public school decided on their own to have their prayer in the graduation ceremonies. its their freedom of choice. no one should try to steal that right away.
and everyone else should ignore the atheists bitter retorts.
let him have his say, but ignore him, and have your own say as well.
North Laurel does not have the choice, but they chose to ignore the law. Supreme Court ruled separation of church and state. I am disappointed that Mr. Black, the principal, chose to cave to the wishes of a few . Not surprised, he is a member of Hopewell Baptist. A true Christian respects all religions and respects a persons right to live their beliefs. We live in a town that spouts Christiany, but they do not practice what they preach.
God Fearer

Martin, KY

#24 May 20, 2013
People against God or prayer want you to not be able to do it as well. Unlike so many who practice their religion and respects everyone's right to believe or not believe, These atheists do not respect a Christian's beliefs and want them destroyed and done away with. As long as there's breath in God fearing Christian who practice their religion and live the life they should, there will always be a showing of one's religion to others. Those who do not want to believe are free not to, but leave us who do alone and let us be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
snowflakes lose job that demanded new dress code 2 min kate 2
Xerox ABC payment method 46 min Sunshine33 1
NRA sucks (Dec '12) 50 min Nubley McJerkin 154
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 53 min Traveler 148,993
Laurel River Road 1 hr Rip 54
Missy bain 1 hr sam 2
Single woman over 40 (Aug '15) 2 hr Mama 20

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages