Talking Wife into Getting a Tattoo

Talking Wife into Getting a Tattoo

Posted in the Keavy Forum

Curious

London, KY

#1 May 8, 2010
OK, so I'll get flamed by some for this, but I would love for my wife to get a small,discrete tatoo on her back or hip. I've told her how sexy it would be and so on. She's considered it and then said Nope, not going to do it. Funny thing is, she's curious and likes checking out tats on her friends/family. Do I keep badgering her or is there another way of convincing her?
tattoooo

Fulton, KY

#2 May 8, 2010
better discourage her,she sounds smart enough not to get one,one of the biggest growing things is tattoo removal,ask a older person,nothing sexy about it,dont try to cheapen her.
well

London, KY

#3 May 8, 2010
She is her own person. I agree that some tats are sexy, however, I personally do not want one. If tats turn u on mayb she would consider a temporary one. Just a thought.

Since: Mar 09

London, KY

#4 May 8, 2010
Don't try to force her to get one. It will only lead to problems!!! There are a lot of pretty real looking temporary tats that can last a few days and henna tats that last up to a couple of weeks. Try those...you could try your hand at applying the henna tats....or paint more of her body with body paints....you may get it out of your system (so to speak!) and she won't resent you for forcing it on her!
Curious

Harrison, AR

#5 May 8, 2010
Country Bumpkin2 wrote:
Don't try to force her to get one. It will only lead to problems!!! There are a lot of pretty real looking temporary tats that can last a few days and henna tats that last up to a couple of weeks. Try those...you could try your hand at applying the henna tats....or paint more of her body with body paints....you may get it out of your system (so to speak!) and she won't resent you for forcing it on her!
Good idea, I'll probably do that. Like you said, it would get it out of my system. Where can I get a decent looking temporary tattoo at?
Curious

Harrison, AR

#6 May 8, 2010
well wrote:
She is her own person. I agree that some tats are sexy, however, I personally do not want one. If tats turn u on mayb she would consider a temporary one. Just a thought.
You sound identical to my wife, LOL. I think she finds them sexy, but really doesn't want one for herself. My question, if you find them hot, why not get one? Is it what others would think (my wife's reason), what it would like in 30-40 years? Not trying to flame you, just curious what you think.
Rachael

London, KY

#7 May 8, 2010
I don't see anything wrong with getting a tattoo. Everything goes downhill when you get old so that's not really an excuse to not get one. People should enjoy things while they are young enough to do it. I do find multiple tattoos a bit on the nasty side. The idea for a temporary tattoo for your wife sounds like an idea that she might go for.
Smokie

London, KY

#8 May 8, 2010
well wrote:
They make a person look CHEAP & TACKY! Wait until they get all wrinkled and saggy and your grandkids ask what kind of scar you have...
girl with ink

Annville, KY

#9 May 8, 2010
do you have a tat? temp. tat sounds like the best idea! everyone wins..& who knows, she may like it?
always remember tats are permanent. if someone gets a tat for any reason other than "THEY LOVE IT THEMSELF" odds are they'll regreat it! don't push her, you'll feel guilty later when she hates it.

Since: Mar 09

London, KY

#10 May 8, 2010
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Good idea, I'll probably do that. Like you said, it would get it out of my system. Where can I get a decent looking temporary tattoo at?
I saw a variety on line and the henna stuff at the health food store in Lexington. I would imagine that some of the adult shops might carry something but I am not sure.
farmer

East Bernstadt, KY

#12 May 8, 2010
Curious wrote:
Do I keep badgering her
Yeah, good idea...

Be sure and let us know How that works for you.
well

London, KY

#14 May 8, 2010
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound identical to my wife, LOL. I think she finds them sexy, but really doesn't want one for herself. My question, if you find them hot, why not get one? Is it what others would think (my wife's reason), what it would like in 30-40 years? Not trying to flame you, just curious what you think.
My age is the major reason I won't get one. I am 40 which doesn't seem to old now. I really don't care what ppl think, they're going to think what they want ne ways. My ex-husband is the reason I didn't get one when is was younger. He liked them on his girlfriends but would not allow me to get one. That's one of many reason's I sent him home to mommy!lol. I haven't completely ruled out not getting one, who knows I might.
Mr Deceiving

Bascharage, Luxembourg

#15 Jul 5, 2013
I had the same wish to see a nice design on my wife, so I planned things well ahead. She likes tattooes, but made out that she's a good girl who doesn't do things like that. I made an appointment with a great tattooist and told her that I was going to get a design tattooed on my thigh. Being a curious wife she accompanied me to the parlour. While I got my design depicting her as a sexy pin-up, she was completely at ease and admired every new line being etched on my body. She asked a lot of questions to the tattooist about all aspects of tattooes. I then talked to her how great a nice tat would on a discrete place like her hip. I told her I wanted to have her one and I would be very happy to pay for it. She giggled, I then asked the tattooist if he had more time on his hands. He nodded (he was told before he had to do 2 designs), more giggling from my wife followed. I then got a picture I selected before out of my pocket. After I was done, she stripped off her jeans and asked me where on her hip I wanted her to be tattooed. The tattooist placed the prepared stencil on her body, she nodded and he started tattooing.
That was 5 years ago and she has been very happy with her tattoo and loves to show it to everybody. Soon nr 2 will follow, but I haven't told her yet...
IllustratedRalph

Somerset, KY

#17 Jul 5, 2013
"I don't see anything wrong with getting a tattoo. Everything goes downhill when you get old so that's not really an excuse to not get one.[see how liberal I am]

I do find multiple tattoos a bit on the nasty side."

Have you ever taken a firm stance on anything in your entire life?
Love Tatts

Chesterfield, MO

#18 Jul 5, 2013
I have always wanted one but when I met my hubby he had 14 and he kept telling me that I would regret it. He did tell me if that is what I wanted then he didn't care it was left up to me. He even ask me what I wanted and he drew it for me, but I haven't gotten it yet. He said he regretted getting his. He said if he had to do it over he wouldn't have gotten any. I don't know what to do.
Brooklyn1

New York, NY

#19 Jan 7, 2016
Smokie wrote:
<quoted text>
They make a person look CHEAP & TACKY! Wait until they get all wrinkled and saggy and your grandkids ask what kind of scar you have...
You are a tool, your saggy boring body will look worse than my saggy inked up body. I don't care if my grandkids think I'm attractive and neither should anybody.
Brut

Somerset, KY

#20 Jan 15, 2016
Just beat her like the rest to mark her as your property. She may be telling your inked up arse something, smell the coffee and the aftershave, Buckwheat.
tattooed chick

London, KY

#21 Feb 1, 2016
Smokie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, because when I'm old and wrinkled I'm going to think back to when I was 21 young and free and life was grand and I got my first tattoo and say "damn, forget this arthritis, why did I get this butterfly tattoo?" Not! I'm going to look back at the experience I had around those times I got them tattoos and smile because I lived my life the way I wanted, to the fullest! You're an idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
trash at the moose 8 min Smith 16
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min usa 153,920
Trump Pleaded The Fifth 97 Times 13 min accept the truth 4
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 32 min Walk with God 1,316
Trump getting 33% of black vote in FL. 46 min Stray- Dog 5
to Trump spokesman: 'Why are you creating a rea... 6 hr Dan 3
ISO 3 bedroom home 8 hr Cosmochic 1

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance