Tunnel #9 and Caleb
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Eastern

Lexington, NC

#123 Nov 18, 2012
There are also stories in eastern KY, toward the Pikeville area of a half man/horse. They say you will be walking at night and can hear "it" in the hills beside you. If you walk "it" walls, you run "it" runs. There has been (and still are) MANY stories of "it" throughout my childhood. And supposedly "it" stinks really bad...a mixture of rotting smells. If this is true, could it be a shape shifter? Can shape shifters travel? I personally have never actually seen anything, although I've heard many noises in the night. When walking on a dirt road, I was the last in the group I was with...trailing along because I wasn't really up for the walk, but went cause everyone else did. I felt something like a small pebble hit me it the back...I shrugged it off and kept walking, then another hit me in the back of the head. I paused, no one else seemed to feel or notice anything...kept walking. And after the third time I spoke up and told everyone we got too turn around, get out of here. There are also 2 unmarked graves in this area and although the property is family heirship land no one knows anything about who or what these graves are/belong. On another occasion, I was about 12, and was riding home on my scooter about 9ish or so...and when I reached the dirt road something hit me in my legs and made me swerve. I didn't even think of stopping...I made it home, but I was creeped out. There is old cars in the woods of old properties unused or abandoned, and in the night we've heard the car doors opening and shutting. Pretty interesting. We have always heard the screaming sounds, but shrug it of too considering there are big cats in the mountains of KY that sound similar to women screaming. But, all in all it's sounding like KY is a legend all of is own.
bree

Ripon, WI

#124 Dec 4, 2012
How do u get there like what is the address??
lil cuz

Manchester, KY

#125 Dec 23, 2012
laurelcounty wrote:
I always heard it was called apeyard cause of all the "apes" (African Americans) there, which version is the truth?
no its called apeyard because way back when they use to mine around here they would dig the coal out by hand and it was called apeing
kathy-from-a-har dworking-

London, KY

#126 Sep 13, 2013
Maybe wrote:
What I was told was the people in the depression would climb on the coal cars…throw off the lumps of coal then jump off and fill up burlap bags, take it home to heat their houses. The railroad engineers gave the name to ape yard. I don’t really think it had anything to do about black and white but maybe at that time more black lived in that area than whites. It is still called aping a train no matter what race you are.
This area was one of the first coal yards in this part of the state.
s r dumb as bricks, there was a hotel where ape yard store is, this was the main road the buss came through 490 picked people up and took them on the way, where castles is was the coal yard, they used horses to pull sleds with coal, guess what my great grandfather who was a owner of a large coal yard and owned most of Arthur ridge and he was black, he sold a lot of land off, but we were told by a attorney said that even though he sold the land he kept the mineral rights, so some place in EB, we own the mineral right on 109 acres. and how the name ape yard came about is because they used the horses to pull the sleds after the coal was dug put on cart and loaded away. that is called aping coal, i have a old picture of this coal yard, with men holding the rains of the mules and pulling these coal sleds.why people think its because of blacks, lets look know who has the most hair on their body, ha
Austin

Indianapolis, IN

#127 Jun 14, 2015
East bearnstadt ky there's a place called calahand falls and before you get there you gotta go thru this dark cold tunnel right beside the train tracks, but some of me and my friends went thru the tunnel about dark time and when we went thru it one of my friends was in the back and a ghost figure grab him and was holding back on his four wheeler and when he got out there was hand prints on his chest!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The poster 'Forsure' made me perform anilingis ... 36 min Forsure 7
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 47 min Blacklagoon 164,648
Anyone want to trade a Samsung galaxy s3 to an ... (Jun '13) 1 hr Brandon Bj 120
John whang 1 hr Forsure 3
spit in the food 1 hr Adolph Spitler 8
Should school teachers have a moral code in the... 1 hr Worried 1
Vox Music Thread (Dec '13) 2 hr Musikologist 9

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages