First Prev
of 2
Next Last
been there

Hazard, KY

#22 Sep 27, 2012
I never went through any of that. After the MRI was done, I started with Medial Branch Blocks to identify the nerves involved and returned for the rhizotomies. I have been basically pain free for about 2 years since my last procedure. Changed my life. I sure wish you the best of luck. That kind of pain just robs you of your life.
Hello Friends

London, KY

#23 Feb 27, 2013
It's me again, just had my follow up with Dr Cole (the psychiatrist) and waiting for Dr. Vascello's staff to call me to schedule my second appt with him to see about having the rhizotomies done. I can't wait, I think it will help me tremendously and I just want my life back and if this is what it takes I will do it. Wish me luck!
Hello Friends

Somerset, KY

#24 Mar 18, 2013
Well, I have had both my medial nerve branch blocks. The first one wasn't that successful, it lasted about an hour. The second one lasted into the next day. I go tomorrow (so nervous and worried and anxious at the same time) to get my first round of rhizotomy injections. I hope and PRAY TO GOD that it helps me be pain free for awhile. "been there" if you are still around, how long did it take before the pain started going away to stay? Was the pain after the injections bad and how long did it last? Just wanting to know what to expect from the rhizotomy right afterwards.... Cross your fingers this works for me. I will keep posting on here in case there are others out there interested in having this done.
been there

Lewiston, ID

#25 Mar 19, 2013
The blocks were not that successful for me but the rhizotomies worked perfectly. The large, nagging pain was gone completely. I am going on 2 years now with the bad pain gone. I still have aches and pains and have to watch what I do (especially lifting) but the primary pain that had me down for so long is gone and has remained gone. I did some physical therapy after my rhizotomies and then back to work and have not missed a day since. Best of luck to you!
Hello Friends

London, KY

#26 Apr 30, 2013
Thanks for replying back!

It has not worked that well for me, unfortunately.:( I haven't had the physical therapy yet but it's because I am still in just as much pain as before I had the rhizotomies. idk what else to do. I am in agony and nothing seems to help. I feel like giving up sometimes. I don't know what else to try.
been there

United States

#27 Apr 30, 2013
Hello Friends wrote:
Thanks for replying back!
It has not worked that well for me, unfortunately.:( I haven't had the physical therapy yet but it's because I am still in just as much pain as before I had the rhizotomies. idk what else to do. I am in agony and nothing seems to help. I feel like giving up sometimes. I don't know what else to try.
Never give up! Sometimes chronic pain is as much related to things like your stress levels in life, depression, a number of things could factor into pain. I am still basically pain free and working everyday. Now and then I screw up lifting but my major pain has remained gone. I wish you the best, I know what you are going through. Back when I was hurting like you, all I wanted to do was crawl into my bed as early as possible. Give the procedure a few days and see how it goes. May GOD speed your recovery.
Hello Friends

London, KY

#28 May 5, 2013
Thank you! I hope He does. Right now I am not having much hope. It's been 2 months now and the pain is still there and constant.:/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min Mike Duquette 136,181
beware of yadens auto sales 56 min Stephanie wagers 3
***** How Good Is Time Warner Internet???? 1 hr wondering 2
break in at my mom's house on 9/11/2014 2 hr melinda giles 1
st Josephs London ky 2 hr In the know 2
pj courtney (Dec '08) 3 hr Watch your babies 24
Rand Paul and his son are both DRUNK,S 4 hr pokey 11
More from around the web

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]