Dr. Vacello in Lexington Pain Managem...

Dr. Vacello in Lexington Pain Management

Posted in the Keavy Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hello friends

London, KY

#1 Aug 21, 2012
Does Doctor Vacello in Lexington give pain meds to people that have had several surgeries and injections that made it hurt worse than before I had them and didn't help the pain? If all he does is injections I'm probably wasting my time going there. He has five star rating but I can't see how injections are going to kill this chronic pain I have in my neck and lower back! I also have nerve damage in my leg that feels like pens and needles. It gets numb and itches. I also have nerve damage from my neck that runs down from my ring finger, pinky finger to my elbow which goes numb as well. I'm a mess. I need pain meds to control this pain it's a 10 all the time!
i dont know

London, KY

#2 Aug 21, 2012
I dont' know but I have heard that he is a good doctor.
been there

Auburn, WA

#3 Aug 21, 2012
Dr. Vascello is an excellent doctor, hard to find a better REAL doctor for the field. If you truly need pain meds you can get them but I went so I did not have to take pain meds anymore and he fixed me better than I could have wanted. The staff is great and you actually get seen when your appointment says you do.
Hello Friends

London, KY

#4 Aug 21, 2012
Hey been there, can I ask you what was causing your pain? I have had back and neck surgery and am in pain day and night, the only time I am not in pain is when I'm sleeping so I try to sleep my days away, what a horrible way to live. I want my life back. I don't want to have to take a pill to be able to get out of bed. How did he fix you? I have heard he gives injections. What kind of injections and how long do they last? I have had steroid injections and they made me in worse shape than I was before the injections. Have you had surgery or anything? The pain is excruciating and unbearable. I don't want to live if I have to live like this anymore. Any information you can give me will help so much! Thank you and God bless!
been there

Auburn, WA

#5 Aug 21, 2012
Hello Friends wrote:
Hey been there, can I ask you what was causing your pain? I have had back and neck surgery and am in pain day and night, the only time I am not in pain is when I'm sleeping so I try to sleep my days away, what a horrible way to live. I want my life back. I don't want to have to take a pill to be able to get out of bed. How did he fix you? I have heard he gives injections. What kind of injections and how long do they last? I have had steroid injections and they made me in worse shape than I was before the injections. Have you had surgery or anything? The pain is excruciating and unbearable. I don't want to live if I have to live like this anymore. Any information you can give me will help so much! Thank you and God bless!
I bulged all of my lumbars, could not stand straight up, worked out of a wheelchair for a year. If I coughed standing up, I would literally fall to the ground. Could not sit for longer than 15 minutes, if I did, I had to have help walking. It was bad. Got tired of having to piss test every time I needed a refill and going through scrutiny like I was a druggie. I went to Vascello, had numerous spinal rhizotomies performed along with physical therapy and I am basically pain free now. I have bad days still but nothing like I used to go through.
Hello Friends

London, KY

#6 Aug 21, 2012
On your bad days, what do you do? Do you have anything to take for them? I would love to have my life back and not have bad days. If he would do those injections with keeping in mind that i might have bad days and give me a little something for breakthru pain just for the days I need them, that would be fine. I am 38 years old and cannot imagine growing old like this. I don't even want to. Do the injections hurt? And what does it do? Numb that area? How long does it last? Do you have to keep going back for them? I have medicare, do you know if he accepts that?
been there

Seattle, WA

#7 Aug 22, 2012
Hello Friends wrote:
On your bad days, what do you do? Do you have anything to take for them? I would love to have my life back and not have bad days. If he would do those injections with keeping in mind that i might have bad days and give me a little something for breakthru pain just for the days I need them, that would be fine. I am 38 years old and cannot imagine growing old like this. I don't even want to. Do the injections hurt? And what does it do? Numb that area? How long does it last? Do you have to keep going back for them? I have medicare, do you know if he accepts that?
I do not know about Medicare. I take pain meds on bad days but the bad days are nothing compared to the original pains. With my case they began with a series of medial branch blocks to idetify the nerves that were to be burned. I can't say it doesn't hurt but not bad. They do give you a local to lessen the pain. Then you go back for the rhizotomies. My first procedure lasted about 2 years. I had it done again and am about 1.5 years out with no pain. I know how you feel. I just went to work and came home and crawled in bed, sometimes went to bed way befoe dark because I hurt so bad. Best of luck to you. Unless someone as had that kind of pain, they have no idea what a hell n earth life can be.
Hello Friends

London, KY

#8 Aug 22, 2012
No they don't. And to be honest, I was afraid to even get on here and ask because there are so many people that don't know what REAL PAIN is that get on here and bash people like us and call us pillheads and drug addicts when they don't know what we live thru day to day. I have wanted to kill myself many times just to not suffer anymore, and have sat and prayed to God and asked him why He has put me on this earth to suffer and to please just take me out of here. I am going to go see Dr Vascello, I hope if he doesn't do the procedure my first visit, that he will at least give me something for pain. I have not had anything for pain for the last two weeks and I've been in pure agony. My doctor that treated me for three years went into the navy and his NP quit so I have no one right now to treat me. The doctor that referred me said he was very good, and his mother was dying of cancer and she left this earth pain free because of him. But he would not prescribe me anything. So I am praying that he can help me so I can quit this suffering. The only reason I am still here is because I don't want to hurt my wife, daughter and parents. Thank you so much for sharing your story and giving me some hope. That is exactly what I needed. God bless you.
hope

United States

#9 Aug 22, 2012
i know my pain is not like yours. but i was at work and felt a sharp pain in my low back then a few days later my right arm felt like it had a nine folt battery hooked to it. the pain in my low back went from the bottom of my tailbone up to my ribs and from both sides. the dr. sent my to pt and they wont do an mri until after pt. she also says sence with muscle relaxers 3 times a day a steriod shot in the hip and pain pills 2 to 3 times a day was taking care of it she didnt wont to until after theropy. right now i have 6 more theropy sesions to go to and my back is still stiff hurts when i bend forward. she also says its my siotic nerve how ever you spell that. but from what i have found on the computer problems with the siotic nerve is a ruptured disc or a bulging disc. what do you that.
hope

United States

#10 Aug 22, 2012
i ment think that it is
hope

United States

#11 Aug 22, 2012
i also have spasms between my left arm and spin, what feels like electric curents running in the same spot, and when i sit my feet goes to sleep from time to time, and my left leg has had spasms a few times, a few months ago i had a nerve condution done on my arms cause they went totally numb not asleep but numb. and it came back normal.
Hello Friends

London, KY

#12 Aug 22, 2012
Hey Been There, I have nerve damage in my left leg that has me on a cane right now and from my lower back around to my knee my leg feels like thousands of pen sticks and needles when it get numb which makes it itch to the point that my leg will bleed if I don't stop.It is very aggravating.Do you think the injections will help with that?
I also have nerve damage in my right arm from neck surgery that has my ring and pinky finger numb all the way under to my elbow. Do you think if he puts injections in my neck it will help that?

Sorry about asking so many questions but I just need help!!!
hope

United States

#13 Aug 22, 2012
the dr done a steroid shot in my hip, it took that plus 2 weeks of muscle relaxers to calm mine down, i hope the shots will work for you. i have never felt anything like this,and just thinking about mine,and then relizing what other go throu that is so much more painful than mine my heart goes out to them.cause mine is no were near what others are.I didnt understand until i have started going throu a little of it.
been there

Seattle, WA

#14 Aug 22, 2012
Hello Friends wrote:
Hey Been There, I have nerve damage in my left leg that has me on a cane right now and from my lower back around to my knee my leg feels like thousands of pen sticks and needles when it get numb which makes it itch to the point that my leg will bleed if I don't stop.It is very aggravating.Do you think the injections will help with that?
I also have nerve damage in my right arm from neck surgery that has my ring and pinky finger numb all the way under to my elbow. Do you think if he puts injections in my neck it will help that?
Sorry about asking so many questions but I just need help!!!
I can only tell you the effects of spinal rhizotomies. Basically, they identify the nerves that are sending the pain signals and they use either heat or cold to "kill" those nerves. To identify those nerves they go in with needles and bathe the suspected nerves with injection, if you feel releif, they procede with the rhizotomy during an upcoming visit. I never asked Dr. Vascello for any pain meds because while I was undergoing the procedures, I did not really need them. I am sure part of this was psychological, me knowing my pain was being addressed and having hope the procedures would work. I never undergo any type of procedure without fully investigating it first which is easy to do with today's technology and the internet. Your case is complex, I would research the heck out of your symptoms and proceed with caution. Best of luck to you. The procedures worked for me, have not missed a day's work.
Hello Friends

London, KY

#15 Sep 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your help!!! I hope that this doctor can help me. It would be wonderful to get my life back.
Patient

Brodhead, KY

#16 Sep 3, 2012
I have been under dr vercillo for a year or so he is a good dr . He dosent prescribe pain medicine at all but he does injections in the office for inflammation and steroid shots like cortizone
Hello Friends

Stanford, KY

#17 Sep 16, 2012
I have had cortisone injections, did not help. I am most interested in the spinal rhizotomies, i am hoping he can do that for me and help me be pain free for once in 12 years.
been there

Chicago, IL

#18 Sep 17, 2012
Hello Friends wrote:
I have had cortisone injections, did not help. I am most interested in the spinal rhizotomies, i am hoping he can do that for me and help me be pain free for once in 12 years.
Good luck. I hope you can rid of that nagging pain and get back into life.
Catherine

London, KY

#19 Sep 24, 2012
Hello Friends wrote:
No they don't. And to be honest, I was afraid to even get on here and ask because there are so many people that don't know what REAL PAIN is that get on here and bash people like us and call us pillheads and drug addicts when they don't know what we live thru day to day. I have wanted to kill myself many times just to not suffer anymore, and have sat and prayed to God and asked him why He has put me on this earth to suffer and to please just take me out of here. I am going to go see Dr Vascello, I hope if he doesn't do the procedure my first visit, that he will at least give me something for pain. I have not had anything for pain for the last two weeks and I've been in pure agony. My doctor that treated me for three years went into the navy and his NP quit so I have no one right now to treat me. The doctor that referred me said he was very good, and his mother was dying of cancer and she left this earth pain free because of him. But he would not prescribe me anything. So I am praying that he can help me so I can quit this suffering. The only reason I am still here is because I don't want to hurt my wife, daughter and parents. Thank you so much for sharing your story and giving me some hope. That is exactly what I needed. God bless you.
I believe I know what doctor you are talking about. He is back in the office now on Saturdays. He has another NP back and she is there on Wednesdays but cant call in Narcotics. You have to actually see him on Saturdays
wondering

Liberty, KY

#20 Sep 24, 2012
i have to have my paid meds

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr now 163,425
does TCO pay good 2 hr teddy 4
Karen Inman 2 hr Casey 7
Rootbeer stand employee 5 hr Blah blah blah 1
Shane williamson 6 hr Troll 2
Baptist Hospital and cheating 6 hr Probably 30
Ice hit El Dorados 6 hr Forsure 12

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance