People saying they have a Indian Grandma

Posted in the Keavy Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
The cold hearted Facts

Brodhead, KY

#1 May 30, 2013
Read another post on here about families claiming they have Indian Grandma's and stuff. Here's the truth. If you are related to Aaron Red Bird Sizemore or George All Sizemore from Clay County, ( early 1800s ) or Davis Fields or John Fields from Perry -Harlan County ( early 1800s ), then YES, you are probably INDIAN. If you are from eastern ky and don't have one of these 4 in your family tree, you are not Indian. Truth is Truth. DNA proves it people. The Cherokee Dawes roll from the trail of tears has 100+ Fields and Sizemore's listed. The Ridgetop Shawnee ( a mixed Indian tribe in KY ) ONLY accepts people from these men, nobody else. Quit talking bout you imaginary indian family that don't exist people. Im a proud Sizemore and did a presentation at school this past year on this, plus had my DNA to back it up.
Ralph

Somerset, KY

#4 May 31, 2013
Did a fox tell you this on a foggy morning? DNA does not lie but you do.

Drummonds, Huffs, Hubbards and many more can legally claim NAA.

It's the DNA "chief" not how the name is spelled.
spurificcic

Harrison, AR

#6 May 31, 2013
Ralph wrote:
Whatis NAA? My family name is one of the three you listed. Thanks.
No proof

Brodhead, KY

#7 May 31, 2013
Ralph wrote:
Theres not a single person you mentioned on the Cherokee Dawes Role, and how many of these people can show their tribal card? Name me ONE. Put there DNA up here old boy and lets see proof. The only way they would be is they are related to Sizemore or Fields I mentioned. The tribe in Kentucky WILL NOT take your so called Drummonds, Huffs, Hubbards..so you must not be a proven Native family. Sorry Buddy, good try, no cigar
No proof

Brodhead, KY

#9 May 31, 2013
spurificcic wrote:
<quoted text>Whatis NAA? My family name is one of the three you listed. Thanks.
HAVE THE DNA DONE..Y-DNA and mtDNA is what you should have
No proof

Brodhead, KY

#10 May 31, 2013
Ralph wrote:
I would, in fact, bet your Hubbards are black and white mixed. The Hubbards was an early Indentured family that came to America. About my background, I have went to various counties in North Carolina and Tenn and actually LOOKED at the census books, I was gained access to records at Cherokee North Carolina by Tribal Leader Hicks himself. I know what im talking about, and very qualified. The Fields was the LARGEST family taken on the Trail of Tears, and two of the brothers came to Perry and Harlan 30 years prior to this. The family taken on the trail of tears came from the exact same village Davis and John came from. These mens brother, Richard Fields, is a well know Chickamauga Cherokee leader. The Sizemores are regular Cherokee Aaron Red Bird went by the last name Sizemore and Brock. Many families married into both these families. Look at the Men that still carry these surnames...they are obviously Indian...to this day. Show me the DNA and what tribe the people you mentioned belong to, then I can look at it and tell you yes or no
lol

Middlesboro, KY

#12 May 31, 2013
No proof wrote:
<quoted text>
Theres not a single person you mentioned on the Cherokee Dawes Role, and how many of these people can show their tribal card? Name me ONE. Put there DNA up here old boy and lets see proof. The only way they would be is they are related to Sizemore or Fields I mentioned. The tribe in Kentucky WILL NOT take your so called Drummonds, Huffs, Hubbards..so you must not be a proven Native family. Sorry Buddy, good try, no cigar
There are a lot of people who are part Indian who don't know or care about their "proof". Thanks to topix most of you idiots prove yourselves in very few words.
Your Right

London, KY

#14 May 31, 2013
could tell wrote:
<quoted text>you could tell the brown familys are cherokee of the red bird also.
2 old men who were brothers centuries ago one called alvis brown and his brother escaped the trail of tears and went into the mtns of leslie/clay to survive and to trade with the locals and to work for food. he knew how to trap animals and traded their hides for what he needed.
Same Browns is just mentioned. Part Cherokee and Shawnee Indian. Are related to Chief Cornstalk and Aaron Redbird Sizemore
Your Right

London, KY

#15 May 31, 2013
No proof wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch...truth hurts
Your Right

London, KY

#16 May 31, 2013
No proof wrote:
<quoted text>
For all of you that judged this persons post, here's info taken directly from the Ridgetop Shawnee. I included the link

The Ridgetop Shawnee require that prospective members prove documented descent from multiracial settlers in the region from 1790–1870, and also have Y-DNA or MtDNA showing direct-line Native American ancestry. Y-DNA and or MtDNA may only be used to show descent from documented individuals who are eligible for enrollment.[8] In 2012 the Ridgetop Shawnee began the Express Enrollment program for descendants of several family lines of mixed-Native American heritage, who have been well-documented as migrating to Southeastern Kentucky, Northeastern Tennessee, and Southwestern Virginia in the late 18th and early 19th centuries. These families and lines are: Sizemore (KY), Fields (KY, VA), descendants of Hawkins Bowman (KY, VA), descendants of Ezekiel Bennett (KY, TN), descendants of John Cole (KY, VA), descendants of Mary Selvage Collins (KY, TN) and descendants of Porter Jackson (KY, VA).[9] In June 2012, the tribe limited enrollment to individuals who qualified to use Express Enrollment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ridgetop_Shawnee

http://www.ridgetopshawnee.org/
Finally someone smart

London, KY

#17 May 31, 2013
The cold hearted Facts wrote:
Read another post on here about families claiming they have Indian Grandma's and stuff. Here's the truth. If you are related to Aaron Red Bird Sizemore or George All Sizemore from Clay County,( early 1800s ) or Davis Fields or John Fields from Perry -Harlan County ( early 1800s ), then YES, you are probably INDIAN. If you are from eastern ky and don't have one of these 4 in your family tree, you are not Indian. Truth is Truth. DNA proves it people. The Cherokee Dawes roll from the trail of tears has 100+ Fields and Sizemore's listed. The Ridgetop Shawnee ( a mixed Indian tribe in KY ) ONLY accepts people from these men, nobody else. Quit talking bout you imaginary indian family that don't exist people. Im a proud Sizemore and did a presentation at school this past year on this, plus had my DNA to back it up.
I like how you call him Aaron Redbird, instead of Chief Redbird. He wasnt a chief, they just called him that here in ky
Keep the post coming friend. Wish you could get up with me somehow. I work with the Indian Festival in London each year, and hear this Indian Granny story until im sick of it. The only thing i would suggest reading into would be Chief Cornstalk of the Shawnee tribe. He had some family in East Kentucky. As far as Cherokee, you are on the money. And you did your homework, cause the Dawes Role is THE BIBLE of Indian Geneology. All the proof you mentioned is there. Even the Melungeon researchers agree that Fields and Sizemore ( Woods and Jones also married into those families )are truley ARE Native American and was from the get go. Alot of other people claiming indian are more what people would call Melungeons
The cold hearted Facts

Brodhead, KY

#19 Jun 1, 2013
I see a few people on here know history, so that's refreshing.

Hey Ralph..want to reply to your post

"Did a fox tell you this on a foggy morning? DNA does not lie but you do.

It's the DNA "chief" not how the name is spelled."

Yes, it IS the name. Look up these families. If they go back to the people I mentioned which may be possible, then they might be Indian. These was the original Cherokee families that came to Kentucky in the early 1800s. I did NOT lie, look up the history for yourself. Look at the Dawes Roll and check the names. Look at the Chickamauga Cherokee Leaders. Look at the DNA of these families, TODAY. One interesting thing you said was they CAN claim NAA, which means THEY HAVENT. Post the DNA, tell us what tribe they are a member of. If they are so proud to be Indian, why haven't I crossed paths with any of them? There are several people in this area that are either members of the Eastern Band of Cherokee out of Cherokee NC, The Ridgetop Shawnee of Kentucky, or the Southern Cherokee tribe of Kentucky. To be a card carrying member of ANY of these tribes, you must provide either Detailed Geneology, Dawes Roll records, DNA, or all the above. You MUST provide SOLID evidence of your family and your DNA. So, look up the data yourself. Someone else has provided a link to the Ridge Top Shawnee, and I can provide the link to the Cherokee nation for you to review My advice to you is to get off your tail and do the legwork like the rest of us and see who you really are Don't take your family oral tradition as the truth. People kept secrets and covered up the truth. There is WAY more Black / White mixed families in Eastern Kentucky than Indian. My family has racial mixing as well. Only difference is mine truly started as Indian on my paternal side, and married other Indian families.
The cold hearted Facts

Brodhead, KY

#20 Jun 1, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>There are a lot of people who are part Indian who don't know or care about their "proof". Thanks to topix most of you idiots prove yourselves in very few words.
Wow, this one is really good. Don't know or care about proof...in other words, pappy told his son his great grandma sue from Meadow Creek was a blackfoot medicine woman princess, and was dark skinned...But, there are no records of her existence or pictures to back it up...pappy told me so, that's all I know....wow, bet the tribe would sign you up for full tribal benefits today, RIGHT? LOL...problem is theres no such thing as a freaking Blackfoot Indian either, and the so called princess is also a myth. You people kill me. GET YOUR DNA DONE AND STOP SPREADING THESE OLD LIES THATS BEEN PASSED DOWN. I would be you $100 bucks right now you don't have a SINGLE drop of Native DNA....dark skin and lies passed down in your family don't make YOU AN Indian. There was dark skinned Scotts Irish from the west side of the island..and yes, they came here. They was mixed with Spanish before ever coming to America. These are the people that forced my family out of their homeland. These are the people that brought disease to my country. These are the people that lied to us. These are the people that today think it all the sudden COOL to claim to be Indian. You people are a disgrace to my family. Bet you wouldn't have claimed that grandma sue when the trail of tears was happening, would ya? Of course not. There was no Native American college fund for you to leach on to and lie to get, was there? Nope. If you are truly Indian, then you are passionate about it. You want to keep your heritage alive, not go dig up arrowheads from the earth and sell for profit. How many of you make believe Indians would give up your right to vote TODAY to live with your people...NONE OF YOU.
The cold hearted Facts

Brodhead, KY

#21 Jun 1, 2013
Yes, I am Indian. around a quarter to be specific. I am proud of my heritage, and take it very personal when you people get on here and speak a bunch of redneck garbage with no facts to back it up. Get the freaking DNA done and stop teaching lies to your children. If you are Scotts Irish and Black, then teach your kids who they really are. And we are working VERY hard with our reps and senator to have areas with Native history bugged with cameras to catch people digging arrowheads and burial sites. People that do this should be fined $100,000 dollars and locked up for no less than 5 years. And yes, I have reported people on Ebay and Craigslist for selling these items. I will rat you out in a heartbeat for disgracing my people.
lol

Middlesboro, KY

#22 Jun 1, 2013
The cold hearted Facts wrote:
Yes, I am Indian. around a quarter to be specific. I am proud of my heritage, and take it very personal when you people get on here and speak a bunch of redneck garbage with no facts to back it up. Get the freaking DNA done and stop teaching lies to your children. If you are Scotts Irish and Black, then teach your kids who they really are. And we are working VERY hard with our reps and senator to have areas with Native history bugged with cameras to catch people digging arrowheads and burial sites. People that do this should be fined $100,000 dollars and locked up for no less than 5 years. And yes, I have reported people on Ebay and Craigslist for selling these items. I will rat you out in a heartbeat for disgracing my people.
You are an ignorant racist and a disgrace to any people.
Racist

Brodhead, KY

#24 Jun 1, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>You are an ignorant racist and a disgrace to any people.
What's racist about his post? He didn't say anything about other races, just be proud of who you are. People throw around the word racist when they feel guilty or threatened. He told the truth, sounds like
SpeakUp

Eustis, FL

#25 Jun 1, 2013
I was told by a credible party that my paternal Grandmother was Indian. I do have a picture of her and indeed she is. She died before I was born, so I never got to see her.

I was told, and ancestory shows it, that she was from around Rockcastle area. I haven't really researched it yet in depth, but I will. I do not know what tribe she was a descendant of. Some people have told me the Sioux was predominant in that area, but, I just don't know.
wonder

London, KY

#28 Jun 1, 2013
Why is it always Grandma?
one more time

Chicago, IL

#29 Jun 1, 2013
OMT, dont ask me, i did not start this thread. it was someone with a london ky location.
chump

Houston, TX

#31 Jun 1, 2013
B Man wrote:
No clue or stance on the topic of the thread, but I had a question.
How is anyone supposed to post DNA on topix? Could anyone look at a double helix structure and identify it as Cherokee?
i getyer drift.
some was being yeld @bcuz they had no proof they were indian. proof cannot b posted on topix, bcuz then ev1 wud kno who u was and ud luk lika foo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Female fwb 10 min one time 198
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 21 min Traveler 148,985
Single woman over 40 (Aug '15) 2 hr Mama 11
lib call police on 9 year old for saying brownie 2 hr TRUTH 1
police keeping traffic from getting on 1-75 north 2 hr thomas 2
NRA sucks (Dec '12) 3 hr henry 149
What is the best front end alignment place arou... 4 hr lester bodine 2

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages