Name your favorite church and why

Posted in the Keavy Forum

Bill

Clarks Summit, PA

#1 Mar 15, 2013
Name your favorite church and why its your favorite.
Do you feel free to make noise and to praise God?
Or, do you prefer it to be quiet?
catholic

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Mar 15, 2013
i like my church because we have so many friendly people that welcomes you no matter what you are wearing.
Thirteen

Isperih, Bulgaria

#3 Mar 15, 2013
Will my doggie be in Heaven?
Faithful

Middlesboro, KY

#6 Mar 15, 2013
My favorite church is my heart because I talk to my God every day there and thats how I know my God is the one true God! He can tell you and the evil wicked people out there if they all just drop down to their knees and pray with a sincere heart!! Praise be on him in the highest!!!
R'Amen
get with the program

Clarks Summit, PA

#11 Mar 16, 2013
get with the program and spread the word!

maybe if a lot of churches would fellowship with each other and go to their saturday night singings, and show support for each other instead of fighting denominations;
a light would be shined for the lost and dying world.
there is not going to be a special corner in heaven for each denomination.
a quiet baptist here, a loud holiness there, etc.

we are all going to be one big happy family.
and we are all going to make noises of praise to the father. so get with the heavenly program.
Grocho

Little Rock, AR

#12 Mar 17, 2013
get with the program wrote:
get with the program and spread the word!
maybe if a lot of churches would fellowship with each other and go to their saturday night singings, and show support for each other instead of fighting denominations;
a light would be shined for the lost and dying world.
there is not going to be a special corner in heaven for each denomination.
a quiet baptist here, a loud holiness there, etc.
we are all going to be one big happy family.
and we are all going to make noises of praise to the father. so get with the heavenly program.
Our 3rd Sat night of the month singings, gets more support from other churches than they do our own.
Here lately, we have civil war more within the churches than they do at the other ones. That is the devil trick to destroy from within.
fav

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Mar 17, 2013
my fav is the hawk creek church. we can have dancing and watch the big screen spots etc.
i heard we was going to get a swimming pool. it will be the greatest.
think about it

Winchester, KY

#15 Mar 17, 2013
Bill wrote:
Name your favorite church and why its your favorite.
Do you feel free to make noise and to praise God?
Or, do you prefer it to be quiet?
Noise???
God says he desires people worship Him in spirit and in truth. He also said a meek and quiet spirit is of great price in His sight. God is not hard of hearing and I think making noise would be very disrespectful to God. Our worship to God should be in reverence which leads to controlled conduct.
Whether you are singing hymns, praying or preaching, why would anyone think God wants noise?
think about it

Winchester, KY

#19 Mar 18, 2013
Truth is best wrote:
<quoted text>Well I guess your Bible reads different than mine. Here is exact chapter and verse that says it is good to make noise of praise in the church house.
Psalm 149
King James Version (KJV)
149 Praise ye the Lord. Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints.
2 Let Israel rejoice in him that made him: let the children of Zion be joyful in their King.
3 Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp.
4 For the Lord taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation.
5 Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds.
6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand;
7 To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people;
8 To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron;
9 To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the Lord.
King James Version (KJV)
Psalm 150
Praise ye the Lord. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.
2 Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.
3 Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.
4 Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
5 Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.
Don't you think you should move into the New Testament to find the verses for proper worship in the church? The church was established after the death of Jesus Christ at which time the "imperfect" Old Law was done away with. You won't find one verse about worshipping God with instruments of music in the Lord's church.

Galatians 3:24-25,“Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.”
Music In The NT

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Mar 18, 2013
think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you think you should move into the New Testament to find the verses for proper worship in the church? The church was established after the death of Jesus Christ at which time the "imperfect" Old Law was done away with. You won't find one verse about worshipping God with instruments of music in the Lord's church.
Galatians 3:24-25,“Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.”
You must be from the Church-Of-Christ denomination. There are a lot of Biblical things they do not see, that the Bible says for us to do.
God approves of musical instruments in the church.

b1. Instruments are approved by God elsewhere in the New Testament (Revelation)
b2. Instruments are not condemned in the early church
b3. Therefore, instruments are approved by God in the early church

b1. Instruments are approved by God elsewhere in the New Testament (Revelation).

When He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.(Revelation 5:8)

(Revelation 14:2)

And I saw something like a sea of glass mixed with fire, and those who had been victorious over the beast and his image and the number of his name, standing on the sea of glass, holding harps of God.(Revelation 15:2)

In these passages we see use of musical instruments in Heaven. The fact that there are musical instruments described in Heaven, symbolic or otherwise, means that God approves of musical instruments since there cannot logically be anything in Heaven unapproved by God.

b2. Instruments are not condemned in the early church.

b3. From this we may conclude that because God approves of musical instruments, He approves instruments in the early church. This would be different if God specifically told the church not to play instruments, but this is not the case.

From these two arguments, I think I have shown that mechanical instruments of music are approved by God in the New Testament church.
amen

Chicago, IL

#23 Mar 18, 2013
if they cant stand the few musical instruments down here on earth, how are they going to stand the millions of musical instruments that will be playing in heaven?
think about it

Winchester, KY

#24 Mar 18, 2013
Music In The NT wrote:
<quoted text>You must be from the Church-Of-Christ denomination. There are a lot of Biblical things they do not see, that the Bible says for us to do.
God approves of musical instruments in the church.
b1. Instruments are approved by God elsewhere in the New Testament (Revelation)
b2. Instruments are not condemned in the early church
b3. Therefore, instruments are approved by God in the early church
b1. Instruments are approved by God elsewhere in the New Testament (Revelation).
When He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.(Revelation 5:8)
(Revelation 14:2)
And I saw something like a sea of glass mixed with fire, and those who had been victorious over the beast and his image and the number of his name, standing on the sea of glass, holding harps of God.(Revelation 15:2)
In these passages we see use of musical instruments in Heaven. The fact that there are musical instruments described in Heaven, symbolic or otherwise, means that God approves of musical instruments since there cannot logically be anything in Heaven unapproved by God.
b2. Instruments are not condemned in the early church.
b3. From this we may conclude that because God approves of musical instruments, He approves instruments in the early church. This would be different if God specifically told the church not to play instruments, but this is not the case.
From these two arguments, I think I have shown that mechanical instruments of music are approved by God in the New Testament church.
Shame on you for calling the church of Christ a "denomination".

You have definitely NOT shown to me that mechanical instruments in worship in Christ's church are approved by God.

The church is authorized to sing and make melody in our hearts. Singing with the voice and playing on a mechanical instrument are two separate ways of making music. Singing is authorized worship--playing an instrument is not.
No one has the right to introduce something into religous practice that is not authorized by Jesus Christ.
We can learn a lot from the Old Testament examples of people that were attempting to worship God but failed to follow the instructions---Nadab and Abihu....Cain....Saul.....Uzza .

Instruments were appropriate worship under the Old Testament Law. Under the new covenant of Christ singing and making melody in the heart is appropriate worship.
John 4: 23-24
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

God’s Spirit dwells in our hearts; and when we sing or pray out of a Spirit-filled heart, it makes melody or music in the ears of God. His Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are the sons of God (Romans 8:16).

He doesn't want your noise---He wants your heart/spirit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 1 hr Walk with God 781
no such thing as a friends (Oct '08) 2 hr kim 135
Chris Hart 2 hr Hart Basher 3
shilohs (Aug '13) 7 hr common sense 9
Better off 8 hr yabbadabba 3
Accident in Corbin 8 hr yabbadabba 6
London Bingo 8 hr C K s 4

Winter Storm Warning for Laurel County was issued at March 04 at 4:10AM EST

Keavy Dating
Find my Match