I WANT my Check!!!!!!

I WANT my Check!!!!!!

Posted in the Keavy Forum

Soggy Bottom Boy

Dallas, TX

#1 May 10, 2013
The Problem The Obama Administration has adopted an aggressive and misleading program called the “Go Direct” campaign that is intended to force seniors who receive Social Security checks and Veterans who receive VA benefit checks to switch to receiving their benefits electronically into a bank account, or on a debit card that is costly to use and vulnerable to fraud and theft.
For very good reasons, millions of these beneficiaries don՚t want an electronic fund transfer or the difficulty of unloading a debit card. Many live on extremely modest incomes and can՚t afford the bank fees and minimum balances required with checking accounts. Others don՚t want the debit cards which are difficult and expensive to unload, to do things like pay rent, where a debit card is impractical. These taxpayers just want their money in a check. And, most people just don't want the Government knowing everything they do in their financial lives.
However, the Obama Administration has launched a new “awareness” campaign that has crossed the line and is resorting to fear tactics to scare people into changing the way they receive THEIR money. The Treasury Department is:
Resorting to scare tactics and threatening mailers 1
Ignoring the fact that forcing seniors to receive electronic benefits will make them more prone to online scams and hackers 2
Not being forthright about how the requirement is equal to a new fee on those who receive benefits 3
Not being forthright about the how big Wall Street banks have and will profit from the new rule 4
Threatening individual privacy by tracking data associated with the usage of the Go Direct cards.
The Facts
The Government is not giving you all the information. Have you or someone you know been affected by these changes? Here are the facts:
The deadline for the Treasury Department to eliminate paper checks was March 1, 2013. 2
Treasury cannot force people who receive their benefits in the form of a paper check to switch. 4
Walt Henderson, Director of the Go Direct campaign for the U.S. Treasury is quoted in the New York Times on 1/10/13 saying, "We don՚t have the authority to change their payment method without their permission." 4
Recipients will still receive their benefits check after March 1, 2013 as long as they have not chosen a direct deposit or debit card option. 4
What You Can Do
First, send an email right now insisting that your U.S. Representative and Senators protect Americans' choice to receive their federal benefits in the form of a paper check. Take our short survey below:
1. Do you believe seniors, veterans, and the most vulnerable Americans should have the choice to receive their benefits in the form of a paper check? Yes No Not Sure
2. Do you know anyone who relies on their government benefits to pay for the basics of life, such as food, housing, and medicine? Yes No Not Sure
3. Do you believe it is wrong for the Treasury Department to use scare tactics on this issue? Yes No Not Sure
4. Would you be willing to sign a petition to the White House demanding that the Treasury Department stop these scare tactics and provide people the option to continue receiving their benefits in the form of a paper check? Yes No Not Sure
5. Would you be willing to call your Senator and ask that they demand the Treasury Department stop these scare tactics and provide people the option to continue receiving their benefits in the form of a paper check? Yes No Not Sure
Enter your email address on the following link to participate and receive the survey results:
http://www.preserveourchecks.com/LP3survey.ph...
for sure

Mesquite, NV

#2 May 10, 2013
there will be a lot of deals go sour when they do away with paper money.
lol

Chicago, IL

#3 May 11, 2013
Hasnt 90% of people been receiving their benefits electronically into a bank account, or on a debit card for years.
Why in the world does anyone want to wait for a paper check to come in the mail.
Cant believe this would even be news to anyone now days.
Clay City

London, KY

#4 May 11, 2013
I agree.There are no fees to pay,anyone can find a free checking account now if they bother looking.And if you are over 90 they don't make you change.Myself i think it is better,and to the first poster,if you don't want the government in your life;Cancel that nasty government check,you are so stupid.
totrue

Liberty, KY

#5 May 11, 2013
Clay City wrote:
I agree.There are no fees to pay,anyone can find a free checking account now if they bother looking.And if you are over 90 they don't make you change.Myself i think it is better,and to the first poster,if you don't want the government in your life;Cancel that nasty government check,you are so stupid.
Yep if you want a government check then you have to abide by their rules.Reminds me of people that you give something to for free but yet they will complain its not exactly what they want.Mommy use to say 'Beggars cant be choosy.'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Andrew Taylor the Racist 1 hr Dummy 2
Who is the easiest chick at Wal-Mart 2 hr Morris 3
Debt By 43 Presidents VS Debt By Obama 2 hr ByTheWay 9
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr USA 171,870
my child came home from school with a dirty diaper (Feb '12) 3 hr so funny 138
East Laurel Water District 3 hr Customer 1
Libtard and electric cars 3 hr so funny 8

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance