have you been raped or molested and never told anyone?

Posted in the Keavy Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
who

Somerset, KY

#1 Dec 10, 2010
have you ever confronted the person AFTER you were an adult? was it a family or friend? you don't have to use your usual I.D.- NOT THAT THERES ANY SHAME -YOU ARE THE VICTIM.this is to enlighten the community about how many predators there are and how people handle the situation. and GOD BLESS YOU AND PLEASE SEEK OUT COUNSELING THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO WILL HELP YOU IF YOU ARE A CHILD TELL YOUR SCHOOL Counselor, or a police officer you are the victim ,you did not deserve this but you have the POWER to bring these people to justice.YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
neverachild

Somerset, KY

#2 Dec 10, 2010
I was when I was a little girl. Never had a childhood. I wonder how many neighbors knew what was going on and ignored it? Well, it didn't make it go away. Went on for years. He's dead now and after 10 plus yrs I can say I loved him and I know he was so very sick. Only now can I cry for him. I'm healed by the Grace of God. Thank-you Jesus.

“www.Gaysofky.com”

Since: Sep 10

London, KY

#3 Dec 10, 2010
If you were ever molested or raped at any time in your life it you do need to tell somebody about it. It is not your fault and nobody will think so. People will be supportive of you. But you do have the responsibility to make sure that monster can't harm anybody else. But you don't have to carry the burden alone. People are willing to help and support you.

If you witness any kind of abuse please contact your local authorities and don't turn a blind eye. And if necessary take action immediately if you can do so safely and you are willing to help in a dangerous situation. If the crime is a felony in Kentucky you can place the person under citizens arrest. Look up Kentucky citizen arrest laws to find the proper procedure. Don't let somebody suffer anymore while you do nothing.

~LookingInLondon
avictim

Sheridan, AR

#4 Dec 10, 2010
i was raped over 30 years ago. I was never able to confront him but did find the grace to forgive him, which did more to heal me than holding on to the anger. The rape did change my life in a hellish sort of way for a while....the predator that raped me ending up dying a terrible death..karma is a bI_ch.
trying to forget

Lima, OH

#5 Nov 7, 2011
I was molested when I was very young. He was my cousin, someone my parents trusted to watch me and my sister while they worked. He never touched my sister, Thank God! I assume it was because she was to young, mind you we are only 18 months apart, but it also could have been because I was overly developed for my age and she still looked like to much of a child. I never told anyone except for my sister, but since she was there when it happened a couple of times she new anyway. He is still around and only certain people know now. I never told anyone as I got older and understood what he did to me was wrong because I didn't want my family to hate me, so I kept it to myself. I told my mom as I got older, but I didn't really get the reaction I had expected. She was molested as a child also for many years by her step father. I think she doesn't really want to cope with my abuse when she still has even come close to handling hers. It has seriously affected my life as it has hers. I just wish I knew how to get past this because I don't want to be like my mom. I don't want this to mess with my life for the rest of my life. I want to get through this so I can move on. I still see him everyonce in awhile. I use to speak to him because I was usually with a family member, but now I don't speak to him at all. I avoid him if at all possible. I need help. I don't know what to do!
BeenThere

Virgie, KY

#6 Nov 7, 2011
I was abused when I was 3 years old and by multiple boys who my parents trusted until I was 7. I tried to tell my mom when I was 6 but she didn't believe me. One day at school I told my best friend after watching a video about inappropriate "touching" and he told my teacher who contacted police. The boys admitted what they did but they were minors at the time so nothing happened to them. I went to counseling for awhile but I didn't think it helped. I never blamed myself for what they did and I hope others will see THEY are the victim, not the abuser. My parents have always been supportive and now my husband is as well b/c as much as I would like it not to, it still bothers me 26 years later. I do take comfort in knowing those boys (men now) will run and hide and this bible verse as well:

Rom 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
SMOKE

Ford City, PA

#7 Nov 7, 2011
trying to forget wrote:
I was molested when I was very young. He was my cousin, someone my parents trusted to watch me and my sister while they worked. He never touched my sister, Thank God! I assume it was because she was to young, mind you we are only 18 months apart, but it also could have been because I was overly developed for my age and she still looked like to much of a child. I never told anyone except for my sister, but since she was there when it happened a couple of times she new anyway. He is still around and only certain people know now. I never told anyone as I got older and understood what he did to me was wrong because I didn't want my family to hate me, so I kept it to myself. I told my mom as I got older, but I didn't really get the reaction I had expected. She was molested as a child also for many years by her step father. I think she doesn't really want to cope with my abuse when she still has even come close to handling hers. It has seriously affected my life as it has hers. I just wish I knew how to get past this because I don't want to be like my mom. I don't want this to mess with my life for the rest of my life. I want to get through this so I can move on. I still see him everyonce in awhile. I use to speak to him because I was usually with a family member, but now I don't speak to him at all. I avoid him if at all possible. I need help. I don't know what to do!
That is so sad and the victim usually becomes extremely obese to protect themselves from other predators.....SAD
FlowerChild

Versailles, KY

#8 Nov 7, 2011
I was molested by my Uncle when I was young. I never let him actually touch me, but he constantly tried to trick me into touching him or getting us alone together. I was only around 6 or 7. He would try to get me comfortable enough to let him touch me, he expecially enjoyed when I wore a dress and he would sit me on his knees. But I would always try to get away or say I'd scream. My mom found out and dared him to ever get around me again. Eventually he stopped coming around and trying to take me fishing by himself. It sickens me though when I see him at our reunion each year. Especially because there are normally quite a few little kids there. When he tries to talk to them (it's very public area so I don't get to worried...though I do keep an eye on him), or hold them, or pick them up to help them get food from the buffett, I make sure I watch his every move in such moments. It makes me sick to my stomach to know that none of the mother's there know about him.
Sue

Manchester, KY

#9 Nov 7, 2011
I was raped by my friend & neighbors brother when i was 13 yrs old.He was 23 or 24 yrs old. He & his pregnant wife had come to live with his mother & grandparents.He offered me a ride home on a cold snowy evening,then took me behind the schoolhouse & raped me.This was the last of 1969 or first of 1970, because i had just turned 13 in nov.I told my mom,i had slid down a hill to explain the blood & my clothes being tore off me.He would come thru the woods trying to talk to me several times after.I would run off.When my mom asked why i did't go over there anymore,i told her i was mad at my friend,& when my friend asked me why i did'nt come over,i told her i was going to another friends house.
Autumn

Maple Park, IL

#10 Nov 7, 2011
Hi everyone. One of you wrote you didn't know what to do. I think some maybe most of you may need counseling. You can call Comp. Care in Corbin Ky at 606-528-7010 or at Pittsburg Ky location at 606-864-2104. They do have a special rape crisis unit that may be able to help you. God Bless each one of you. Get help and take care. LOL!!
Hard to go back

United States

#12 Nov 8, 2011
I was molested by my step father. He did not rape in the full sense of the word, but he took my childhood and stripped me of my innocence. I cant tell the things he did. I cant forget it, i cant get the memory to go away. I was 13 yrs old. I ran away from home. Told my school councillor. They called in DSS...Social services asked him about it and he said no...that evening he threw me up against the kitchen door and screamed at me, then knocked me to the floor and hel me down and yelled some more. My mom told me I was lying that he had a daughter of his own and would never hurt a child...I know better...No he didnt cause physical pain exactly, but the mental pain still wont go away. I have to see him when he comes to town to get my sister. It really screws with my mind knowing that he did this to me and could have done it to her too..I guess since i wasnt really his "daughter" that he thought i was fair game. I wanted to tell my sister for the longest time, but she is still young. I dont want her to hate the daddy that was so good to her.
Sue

Manchester, KY

#13 Nov 8, 2011
Autumn wrote:
Hi everyone. One of you wrote you didn't know what to do. I think some maybe most of you may need counseling. You can call Comp. Care in Corbin Ky at 606-528-7010 or at Pittsburg Ky location at 606-864-2104. They do have a special rape crisis unit that may be able to help you. God Bless each one of you. Get help and take care. LOL!!
I've been in counseling for 13 yrs,since i had a nervous breakdown,i still have not told them about the rape,don't know why,or if i ever will,but the meds do help.
SMOKE

London, KY

#14 Nov 9, 2011
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>I've been in counseling for 13 yrs,since i had a nervous breakdown,i still have not told them about the rape,don't know why,or if i ever will,but the meds do help.
You don't need MEDS; you need to talk it out and get it out of your system! It happens to most everyone and it is not your fault. But they need to be hanged.
lost soul

Columbus, OH

#15 Mar 5, 2012
one day if death becomes of me, i will take vengence in my rapist.I can still smell his scent he smelled like old italian salema.It was over 25 years ago and i was just a little boy,it makes me sick knowing that evil man is still preying on boys.The reason i dont tell a soul is for my mothers sake,she is a wonderful lady and it would crush her, knowing that something happened to me on her watch.When my mother passes away vengence is mine,my life has been a failure in the scence of success.The sick thing is i feel he has injected me with a warped sex turn ons.When i watch a movie and see a rape scence it turns me on.I was taught that women are princesses so i would never hurt one.This is the only piece of space were this reality was written.
really

London, KY

#16 Mar 6, 2012
LookinginLondonky wrote:
If you were ever molested or raped at any time in your life it you do need to tell somebody about it. It is not your fault and nobody will think so. People will be supportive of you. But you do have the responsibility to make sure that monster can't harm anybody else. But you don't have to carry the burden alone. People are willing to help and support you.
If you witness any kind of abuse please contact your local authorities and don't turn a blind eye. And if necessary take action immediately if you can do so safely and you are willing to help in a dangerous situation. If the crime is a felony in Kentucky you can place the person under citizens arrest. Look up Kentucky citizen arrest laws to find the proper procedure. Don't let somebody suffer anymore while you do nothing.
~LookingInLondon
[[[It is not your fault and nobody will think so. People will be supportive of you.]]]

We would all like to believe that but thats not always the case.Everything that has happened to me was and still is all MY fault.Yes my consular told me No it wasnt but when a relative doesnt want to hear it they will always turn it around to be your fault and guilt you the rest of your life.Doesnt matter if you are 5,10,or 15 years old when it happens.It will always be the victims fault.While the average person knows it really isnt a mentally sick person will always find a way to make it the victims fault.
cant forget

AOL

#17 Mar 6, 2012
The one that molested me is a policeman now.
free at last

United States

#20 Mar 6, 2012
I was in counseling off and on for 20 years. Best thing I have ever done for myself. I told the police about it though they could do nothing. Then I told the world. There is nothing better when people understand why I acted the way I did.
I turned my back on my family and walked away. Don't regret it and never will. From some of the things that have drifted via rumors to me, dear ol' mom and dad got a taste of their own after all those years. Best thing to do is go into psycho counseling talk, talk, talk, and set yourself free!
Sandy

London, KY

#21 Mar 6, 2012
trying to forget wrote:
Tell the law!You have to tell someone or you will never have a normal life.Or tell AA or overeaters anonymous.Write how you feel about it and then have a funeral for it and burn it. I wrote 125 pages.
Sandy

London, KY

#22 Mar 6, 2012
lost soul wrote:
one day if death becomes of me, i will take vengence in my rapist.I can still smell his scent he smelled like old italian salema.It was over 25 years ago and i was just a little boy,it makes me sick knowing that evil man is still preying on boys.The reason i dont tell a soul is for my mothers sake,she is a wonderful lady and it would crush her, knowing that something happened to me on her watch.When my mother passes away vengence is mine,my life has been a failure in the scence of success.The sick thing is i feel he has injected me with a warped sex turn ons.When i watch a movie and see a rape scence it turns me on.I was taught that women are princesses so i would never hurt one.This is the only piece of space were this reality was written.
You are NOT a LOST SOUL. You are a dear soul and this has happened to one in four people. Tell someone and write it down and burn it. God knows who is at fault. And it is not you.
victim

Sheridan, AR

#23 Mar 6, 2012
i was molested my entire childhood. by more than one person. all family. and a teacher. it has stayed with me my entire life. i have never talked about it. i have come close so many times. i was raped as well and it was turned around on me later when i told someone about it. they said because i slept with the person again after that it couldnt have been rape. well i thought i was spoiled. so i might as well just stay with the person. it was a boyfriend. then i thought i deserved it because i stayed with the person. it got threw up to me later in life. it took me years to be able to explain it. i guess it was my victims way of thinking that made me stay with the person and be around them even later. i wish i had not. i wish i had understood what i was feeling. but i had been conditioned by my molesters to take the abuse. nobody understands. since then ive only been able to be sexual with one person, whom i truly love with all of my heart.
but it the abuse i have withstood my whole life has conditioned me to take more abuse. mental being the worst. because i think well atleast im not being raped or molested anymore. so i just take it. i am beautiful, and smart, and still when i look in the mirror i cant believe that is the person i see. because i dont feel beautiful on the inside. my looks dont match what i feel inside. i feel ugly and used and abused and disgusting.
i never tried to tell anyone. i tried to hide it. the one time i did tell because i kinda had to, got used against me. imagine telling a victim they should have reacted a different way than they did. but, knowing all that does not make me behave any differently. i know i should think better of myself but i dont. i know it wasnt my fault but i act as if it were. if i could figure out how to change into what i know i really am, maybe i could beat this. but i havent been able to. it has changed my life. given me complex upon complex. and made me to enable the people i love to keep hurting me. even though they couldnt really love me and hurt me like they do. i wish i could beat this. i wish i could love in a healthy way. all my life all i have ever wanted is just to be loved.
if you are abused and are reading this, get help. please. defend yourself now or you might end up like me. and the abuse will never stop. it just changes to different forms of what you will allow yourself to take.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pygmy goats for sale cheap (Jun '11) 2 hr sianakate 28
Alycia Castle affair with Tyler Dotson? 3 hr Jackson 1
Why People GO From One Church To Another (Jun '11) 3 hr Jackson 27
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr spaceship 133,421
what happened in Tattersall Sat night? 5 hr tired 10
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Jan 28 Bethany Ky 701
Man accused of trading pills for sex acts (Sep '08) Nov '14 nxtstrtovr 31
Keavy Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:54 am PST

NBC Sports 8:54AM
Andy Dalton replaces Aaron Rodgers on Pro Bowl roster