Papaya genome decoded

Papaya genome decoded

There are 7 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 24, 2008, titled Papaya genome decoded. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

UH scientists take part in the research, which is expected to benefit the state's economy By Helen Altonn [email protected] University of Hawaii-Manoa researchers have decoded the genome of the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

GMO Gene Injection

Honolulu, HI

#1 Apr 24, 2008
Have there been tests on the long term effects of the human gene due to consumption? Where is the Data? If it is so safe, do the farmers and scientest eat it themseves to test the effects? How many GMO injected papayas are consumed by one person in a day, month, or year and wht are the results?
manini_fish

Kapaa, HI

#2 Apr 24, 2008
To GMO Gene Injection...look up GMO crops on the internet and you'll see that 75% or more of your market basket contains GMO foods. Hooray for science to be able to feed a hungry world!!!!Go for more GM organisms.
GMO Gene Injection

United States

#3 Apr 24, 2008
If GMO products are so safe, why not label GMO produce to give consumers the option to eat GMO foods or not. Why all the secrecy? See the following website:

http://www.seedsofdeception.com/Public/AboutG...
ewalani

Vallejo, CA

#4 Apr 24, 2008
I had a dog bite on my hand years ago. The neighbor got a green papaya and cut it open and smeared the white milky juice on my hand....no scars, no shots.
Kibitzor

United States

#5 Apr 24, 2008
Exactly how will this open up an export market in Japan?
GMO Gene Injection

United States

#6 Apr 24, 2008
Who is going to pay for cleanup if an organic papaya crop is contanimated by GMO papaya and the organic papaya farmer is decertified losing their market and organic certification?

Since: Jul 08

Sri Lanka

#8 Jul 28, 2008
hi this may be irrelevent to the topic, but pls help me,
Dear all,

I've been having problems in solving following problem, I'm doing my masters and I haven't got a sound bioinformatics knowledge..however I will have to dela with the following question and I need some help from some expert..

Q: Metallothienein Isoform 3 has some deviated characteristics and its amino acid motifs ranging from 5th to 9th and 56th to 60th are known to interact with cell cycle regulation pathways and prevent the apoptosis. Scientists want to prevent those interactions of metallothienein with the cell cycle by using plant secondary metabolites. How do u identify potential secondary metabolites which can act as a blocker for those interactions..?

Guys I really need help with this within 2 weeks..pls pls help me..thank you in advance..
Rgards,
Kelum

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keaau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i eneded the drug war not you i gt kingship ove... Sun floyd 1994 1
hawaiian their ssi office redlands night marche... May 12 chris rock 1
Hawaiian Acres Music Thread (Aug '13) May 9 Musikologist 14
1988 richard wright ski lift purchase was from ... May 7 firefighters 1
News Small Business Matters: The many hats of the en... Apr 25 Cheriess Maree 1
1995 law and buisness class for nine years olds... Apr '17 2013 july 3
News 17 students arrested after series of fights at ... (Nov '09) Apr '17 keani 40

Keaau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keaau Mortgages