Fight stopped by Taser sparks Big Isl...

Fight stopped by Taser sparks Big Isle inquiry - News

There are 113 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 19, 2009, titled Fight stopped by Taser sparks Big Isle inquiry - News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

HILO>> Authorities are investigating an incident at Keaau High School that led to the arrest of six students and one 17-year-old student being subdued with a Taser.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
tased and confused

Mililani, HI

#1 Apr 19, 2009
"the Tasered student had continued to be aggressive."

...end of discussion.
kimo

Honolulu, HI

#2 Apr 19, 2009
When you start questioning a the police's use of force, you cause them to second-guess themselves when they need to make quick decisions. That could lead to disaster.
StunEmDano

Troy, MI

#3 Apr 19, 2009
"I wouldn't want my child witnessing that kind of thing," Shaw said. "It's traumatizing."
Get real-maybe the cops should use a 38 instead.
Kalanaka

Irving, TX

#4 Apr 19, 2009
Maybe Shaw should get rid of the Playstation and TV if reality is too much for her precious keiki.

Soon enough she'll see her little thug on Dog or Cops.
tygah

Honolulu, HI

#5 Apr 19, 2009
Let me guess....he's a "good boy". I'm sure there were verbal warnings before the kid got zapped. So his action resulted in the reaction.
pops

Honolulu, HI

#6 Apr 19, 2009
Poor little boy gets shocked, next time shut your mouth and listen to the police.
End of story, get a life Ms Shaw
taxpayer

Shreveport, LA

#7 Apr 19, 2009
Da cop shuda hit him on da head wit his billy club to nock sum cents into him and then taze him.
somecommonsense

Anahola, HI

#8 Apr 19, 2009
I would rather have my child witness some out of control, aggressive idiot get tased, than witness that idiot give a bloody beat down on some poor student- possibly inflict serious injury or death! And an added benefit- all those who witnessed that will listen to and obey police in the future!
Brrzzzzp

AOL

#9 Apr 19, 2009
"Don't taze me, bro!" Ha, ha, ha. I bet you that punk definitely learned a lesson in school that day. Hey, isn't that what school's all about?

Good job officer! And all you enablers out there, go learn how to be parents.

Since: Oct 08

Kaneohe, HI

#10 Apr 19, 2009
The responses to this story in both papers are overwhelmingly in favor of the police action. This shows that the people have had enough of lawlessness and disorder. So all you state legislators, bureaucrats, and especially all you bleeding hearts, don't impose your psychological and personal problems on the rest of us who only want to live in peace and security. History has shown that sometimes force is necessary to protect the innocent and to ensure the greater good. This is just another example of that.
Alan Cummings

Port Angeles, WA

#11 Apr 19, 2009
Nowhere was it said how big the 17 year old was. Who knows, maybe the punk was the size of a small truck. Anyone remember Rodney King? King may have been on PCP but he was throwing several cops around like they were rag dolls. Who knows what this kid may have done if the cops hadn't zapped him.
manini

Kapaau, HI

#12 Apr 19, 2009
Why is BOE member Cochran looking into the case. Doesn't BOE have more pressing issues, like getting the children educated. Leave the law enforcement aspect of it up to the police. We don't need BOE questioning the police officers decision.
Robbiey

Honolulu, HI

#13 Apr 19, 2009
I fel thaqt all high school campuses should have SROs (School Resource Officers)...just like the intermediate schools.
Jerry Okamura

Hilo, HI

#14 Apr 19, 2009
What is the difference between using a taser on a person, and waterboarding a person?
Xie Xie

Honolulu, HI

#15 Apr 19, 2009
The BOE should have a quiet ceremony and buy the policeman a lunch and put it on Cochran's expense account.
Sad

Kaneohe, HI

#16 Apr 19, 2009
I wonder what Shaw's comments would be if her granddaughter was being beat up. Probably praise for the police. What even more interesting is that this granddaughter's friend is observing the whole fight (sounds like front row seats) instead of moving away. I would be more concerned with the friends that her granddaughter keeps.
gimme a break

Kaneohe, HI

#17 Apr 19, 2009
Betcha this punk-kid will listen the next time he's told to stop instead of getting tazered again.
Good for him and great work to the cops for doing the right thing.
You can watch any TV show about cops, reality TV, or similar and see someone get tazered. Better than a .38 slug in the head or belly.
Where's the parents? Condoning this type of behavior? The school should suspend him for the rest of the school year, and make him get his GED on his own.
gimme a break

Kaneohe, HI

#18 Apr 19, 2009
So the thought police **** out p_u_n_k kid???
gimmeabreak star bulletin!
Jane Lake

Puyallup, WA

#19 Apr 19, 2009
I would rather have my child witness someone being tazed versus having to witness a stabbing, etc.
Lookin at me

Kihei, HI

#20 Apr 19, 2009

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keaau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
council DOUBLES property tax Dec 9 Joe Frucket 2
News 17 students arrested after series of fights at ... (Nov '09) Apr '17 keani 40
News Workers on Big Island find snake in shipping co... (Apr '14) Apr '14 District 1 2
George Zimmerman Scandal (Sep '13) Sep '13 Lonny Mandaloniz 1
Taylor wind Set (Jul '13) Jul '13 Lynn 2
News Pahoa man released on bail (Jan '09) May '13 Dennis 4
News Speed limit to drop on Highway 130 (Apr '13) Apr '13 DocD 1

Keaau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keaau Mortgages