Negligent-homicide case closed with d...

Negligent-homicide case closed with death of wrong-way driver -...

There are 12 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jun 28, 2009, titled Negligent-homicide case closed with death of wrong-way driver -.... In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Question : What ever happened to the driver who was going the wrong way on the H-3 freeway and crashed into another car, killing a single mother of two? Did the case ever go to trial? Answer : Robin Remington died on July 17, 2006, exactly one month after the accident, from injuries suffered in the crash.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Kawika - UH Alumni

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#1 Jun 28, 2009
sad....
Kristina

Fenton, MI

#2 Jun 28, 2009
Drinking + Driving = Loser
Lonely

Pahrump, NV

#3 Jun 28, 2009
Gee, 'thanks for drinking and getting behind the wheel lady.
wut

Satellite Provider

#4 Jun 28, 2009
so why did the prosecutors office not charge her? where is the meat to the story?
Jonny

Kahului, HI

#5 Jun 28, 2009
wut wrote:
so why did the prosecutors office not charge her? where is the meat to the story?
Hello...anybody home? Did you read the story? What do you want the prosecutor to do...charge a dead person?
Aunty Auwe

Salt Lake City, UT

#6 Jun 29, 2009
wut wrote:
Maybe they can charge you w/stupidity.
Wayne Parsons

Kapaa, HI

#8 Jun 29, 2009
Whoops. I missed that fact also. The defendant died! A tragedy all around.
zanmom

United States

#9 Jun 29, 2009
Was there no civil case? What about going after the dead woman's estate? Somebody has to ensure the two surviving children of the poor single mom are taken care of. Geez!
get real

Honolulu, HI

#10 Jun 29, 2009
zanmom wrote:
Was there no civil case? What about going after the dead woman's estate? Somebody has to ensure the two surviving children of the poor single mom are taken care of. Geez!
The civil action taken on behalf of the victims children is not a police function. The police only handles the criminal aspect of this tragic incident. I'm pretty sure the estate of the drunk driver who died is being sued. Civil action in these incidents are rarely open for public review.
Motherless son

Missoula, MT

#11 Jul 10, 2016
This was my mother. I was 13 when she died. She was a mother of 4. T he first thing she asked when she awoke from her first coma was "did I hurt someone?". She was a kind, wonderful person who made a mistake and look at the cruelty in the comments below. Getting close to the anniversary of her death I decided to do an internet search, this was the first thing I found. You people are sick, cruel monsters but I pray you never have to experience that kind of pain, because my mother taught me to always forgive. I forgive you all for your heartless remarks. Those of you who were kind enough to just acknowledge this as what it was, a horrible tragedy for everyone involved, thank you for your understanding. People are flawed, we all make mistakes. Hers cost her her life, I would hope that would be enough for her to be forgiven.
Dawn

Kailua, HI

#12 Sep 9, 2016
I'm sorry for the loss of your mother, but at your age you should not be on this forum. Good luck.
Bob

San Diego, CA

#13 Sep 9, 2016
Kristina wrote:
Drinking + Driving = Loser
Drinking + Driving = Joe Balls

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keaau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i eneded the drug war not you i gt kingship ove... May '17 floyd 1994 1
hawaiian their ssi office redlands night marche... May '17 chris rock 1
Hawaiian Acres Music Thread (Aug '13) May '17 Musikologist 14
1988 richard wright ski lift purchase was from ... May '17 firefighters 1
News Small Business Matters: The many hats of the en... Apr '17 Cheriess Maree 1
1995 law and buisness class for nine years olds... Apr '17 2013 july 3
News 17 students arrested after series of fights at ... (Nov '09) Apr '17 keani 40

Keaau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keaau Mortgages