Letters to the Editor - Letters

Letters to the Editor - Letters

There are 8 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Nov 3, 2008, titled Letters to the Editor - Letters. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

We have seen and heard the two presidential candidates' views on their leadership methods.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Tuesday Jihad

Honolulu, HI

#1 Nov 3, 2008
The media deliberately overlooked a cleric who told them that his protégé shared his hatred of America. This failure to expose a major presidential candidate for the anti-American radical he is will surely go down in history as one of the most egregious cases of media malpractice. Had it not been for the media-led cover up, Barack Obama would have been by now only an embarrassing footnote in the annals of American presidential politics.

This brings us back to the Islamists. Unlike the willfully blind media, they can see very well what Barack Obama is all about, which is why they are so excited about the prospect of his presidency. Their enthusiasm is easy to understand, since nothing could advance their cause more than a man at the top of the American government whose views of America correspond with their own. To Islamists, Obama's victory would truly seem like a godsend.

We often refuse to say or even think truth, because truth can be ugly and disturbing. But the facts in this case speak for themselves, and we must face them squarely. If we fail, sooner or later there will be a price to pay. That price could be very steep, for Barack Obama and his associates would inflict -- if given the opportunity -- serious harm on the country they disdain. Islamists and all those who hate America see this clearly and rejoice at the prospect.

We will leave those who are still hesitant with one last question. Can you find a single instance outside the campaign trail in which Barack Obama or any of his closest associates have said anything good or complimentary about their country?

In their moments of frankness, those closest to Barack Obama -- from his role model Jeremiah Wright through unrepentant domestic terrorist Bill Ayers to his own wife -- articulate contempt for America far more than love and appreciation for its virtues.

Think about that as you listen to Wright's blistering denunciations of the United States and the cheering of Islamic extremists as they contemplate the prospect of a President Barack Obama, a man they call their brother and friend.
on "Why Islamists Cheer For Obama"
BozoNemesis

AOL

#2 Nov 3, 2008
Tuesday Jihad wrote:
The media deliberately overlooked a cleric who told them that his protégé shared his hatred of America. This failure to expose a major presidential candidate for the anti-American radical he is will surely go down in history as one of the most egregious cases of media malpractice. Had it not been for the media-led cover up, Barack Obama would have been by now only an embarrassing footnote in the annals of American presidential politics.
This brings us back to the Islamists. Unlike the willfully blind media, they can see very well what Barack Obama is all about, which is why they are so excited about the prospect of his presidency. Their enthusiasm is easy to understand, since nothing could advance their cause more than a man at the top of the American government whose views of America correspond with their own. To Islamists, Obama's victory would truly seem like a godsend.
We often refuse to say or even think truth, because truth can be ugly and disturbing. But the facts in this case speak for themselves, and we must face them squarely. If we fail, sooner or later there will be a price to pay. That price could be very steep, for Barack Obama and his associates would inflict -- if given the opportunity -- serious harm on the country they disdain. Islamists and all those who hate America see this clearly and rejoice at the prospect.
We will leave those who are still hesitant with one last question. Can you find a single instance outside the campaign trail in which Barack Obama or any of his closest associates have said anything good or complimentary about their country?
In their moments of frankness, those closest to Barack Obama -- from his role model Jeremiah Wright through unrepentant domestic terrorist Bill Ayers to his own wife -- articulate contempt for America far more than love and appreciation for its virtues.
Think about that as you listen to Wright's blistering denunciations of the United States and the cheering of Islamic extremists as they contemplate the prospect of a President Barack Obama, a man they call their brother and friend.
on "Why Islamists Cheer For Obama"
Nicely said, but unfortunately people these days vote for immediate gratification regardless of the consequences in the future for them and everyone else they take down with them. As I said before, if Obummer is elected president, those who voted for him will rue the day that they did it because the guy is a panderer to those who think they're entitled to a free ride. Obummer cannot provide the free ride that he promises, and ANYONE with one eye and half a bunghole can see that!'Nuff said...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#3 Nov 3, 2008
No matter how hard McCain tries, he cannot distance himself from Bush. And that's all McCain is, a follower of the AmBush's beliefs. If it was a good doctrine to follow, McCain would be inviting Bush out every chance he had.

Bush has already proven to give people a free ride as long as you're a captain of industry, or follow "his" laws. In fact, his friends can shoot other people in the face, and still garner an apology from the person being shot. Now that's what I call influence!

Speaking of which, didn't Cheney endorse Obama this past weekend? Bad move by a Bush follower.
Jordan C Fan __ Prophet

United States

#4 Nov 3, 2008
The Obama Mistake
THIS IS THE MY MOST IMPORTANT VOTING TIP:
If you are not sure who to vote for or you are planning to vote for Obama, you are about to make the most important mistake in human history. If you vote for Obama, the U. S. will be "changing" from a capitalistic nation into a communist nation in 11 month since Obama first campaign for president. This is a enormous change in such a short time. Shouldn't you at least wait for another four years nd find out what will be involved in such a drastic change? Besides, Obama is still very young and can be elected after another four years from now. His personality and abilities have been well proven. McCain has start campaign for president since the year 2000 every terms for eight years. He is getting old with much great experience and naturally should become president as his time is running out. The U. S. will beome a one (Democratic) party dictatorship if all three branches of the government (executive, judiciala and legislative), also both House and Senate turn Democrats. The rights to bear arms and guns will also be taken away by Obama. By losing guns, you also lose all opportunities to revolt later if you don't like your government. More importantly, if you are mixing racial dominance and dictatorship, you are inviting halocaust, secret police, concentration camps and lost of your jobs and houses by another race different from yours. Electing a Black president is very dangerous when the U. S. is not fully integrated. When mixing racial issues with dictatorship is an invitation to holocaust, concentration camps and taking away all the belonging of a particular race. Obama is simply neither trustworthy nor electable. If you don’t believe my facts, simply look at what's happening in Congo today. To associate issues such as abortions and gun control to a specific political party who is based race are wrong. We simply cannot identify with White as owning guns and pro-"life". We cannot identify Blacks as pro-choice or gun control. In short, you are voting Obama to give away everything you own. It is especially true for Environmental Protection, Black are the worse pollutor in the U. S. and the world. Barack Obama cannot be elected as president because the Democratic Party has lied and deceived the Environment and God during the Bill Clinton Administration as the U. S. political party for Environmental Protection which in fact their record are much much worse than the Republican. In fact Clinton and the Democrats have created the worse Environmental problems our world will or have ever faced. Uncontrollable final and total destuction of the U. S. will come if Obama or Democrats were elected to any government offices. Hurricane Katrina destroying the Black Democrat community in New Orlean is a good example. As great a historian, I can never find something more stupid than what msot Americans are trying to d now. It will be mistake of historical proportion to elect Obama.
Jordan C Fan __ Prophet

United States

#5 Nov 3, 2008
John McCain's Naval Academy.
By: Jordan C. Fan, Prophet Of Environment.

I am Asian and I know Obama and his Black supporters are against Asian. It is because I am living Washington with many Blacks and I know how Blacks treat Asians. John McCain is a Navy man and certain friends to Hawaiian who are so cloase to the U. S. Navy. In fact McCain may have lived near the Pearl Harbor for while since his father is a Navy admiral. Since Sarah Palin has four (4) eyes, she should have no problems winning the "Buckeye State"! An important presidential election record will be broken this year, it is not the first time that a woman or Black person will be elected to the Executive office. We will be witnessing a great American tragedy unfold right before our eyes. It is on of therare occasions when a native son will not be elected by his own state. To make it worse, such native son is the greatest hero in an area which has always been the pride and jo of that state. Correct me if I am wrong! I have hardly heard any one at the Republican Convention or during their campaign mentioned the Annapolis Naval Academy, not even McCain himself. Being born in Panama to a naval family and travel all over this country and the world, McCain really does not have a true home. Arizona is a states he used for election to Congress which he has not visited frequently. The Navy Academy is the only place McCain can really call his home in which he had spent the happiest time of his college life with his navy friends. Maryland should welI don't think John McCain should be penalized by mistakes made by his predecessors. George W. Bush is a spoiled heir to a well-to-do family while McCain is a well polished, fully trained, disciplined, tough and no nonsense soldier and politician. They are simply men of totally different breed. McCain will certainly perform better & have more motivation to achieve his objectives. McCain will challenge America's highly bias media, reuniting Congress and stamping out corruptions in government & corporations. come her naval native son with open arms & elect him as president. Supernatural, McCain mother is 90 years old almost 100 while Obama's mother died at 33 years old proving that Obama is unlucky & cannot protect mother.

Unfortunately, Maryland have 1.6 million Black or approximately 30 % of the state's population or making it the "Black Capital" near of the real U. S. Capital. It was 36 % to 61%(almost double) in favor of Obama over Hillary during the primary there. All media and people there have expressed the sad fact that little or noMarylanders will vote for McCain. I personally don't like McCain very much but my conscience forced me to campaign for him. This episode is not only the greatest disgrace of all Americans but also of that of the human race. It is an unforgivable sin committed by all Marylanders and her Black racists. I suggest the Government relocates its Naval Academy out of Maryland. Arizona is probably not a good location because it is a desert and has no water for the navy people. McCain should decide where it is going to move to depending on whether that state has voted for him. This time, the true and only battle ground states (Armageddon) are not Ohio, Florida or Michigan but Maryland. The decision is not who is going to become president? But whether God had made a mistake in creating man?

As usual with this letter I, as Prophet of Environment, have ended this election right here and now. People, advertisement and media don't bother to comment on the election again. It will a waste of our time. If Obama is elected the U. S. will become a dictatorship with Democratic Party controlling all branches of the government. The political system will be without check and balance. The Democrats will be free to pass any legislature taking away all the freedom of all Americans. May the Environment and the Great Halloween Spirits prevail to help McCain and Palin win.
Jordy C get lost

Kaneohe, HI

#6 Nov 3, 2008
stick it where the sun dont shine
Jim from Waikiki

Waialua, HI

#7 Nov 3, 2008
My friend and I attempted to work at polling stations five times, three by phone and twice online, because we were excited about participating in the elections in a larger way than just being voters. In a world where people die every year trying to exercise a right Americans frequently take for granted, it was our way of affirming our pride in the system. Unfortunately, the local office in charge of conducting elections stomped on our ideals, betrayed our beliefs, and killed our spirit by either ignoring us or never calling back after they said they would (online we never heard ANYTHING). They probably think it's just a tedious, ordinary bureacratic job lacking any special quality. SHAME ON YOU and all the snobbery that illustrates. The Office of Elections sucks.
Anon

Honolulu, HI

#9 Nov 5, 2008
Yeah wrote:
No matter how hard McCain tries, he cannot distance himself from Bush. And that's all McCain is, a follower of the AmBush's beliefs. If it was a good doctrine to follow, McCain would be inviting Bush out every chance he had.
Bush has already proven to give people a free ride as long as you're a captain of industry, or follow "his" laws. In fact, his friends can shoot other people in the face, and still garner an apology from the person being shot. Now that's what I call influence!
Speaking of which, didn't Cheney endorse Obama this past weekend? Bad move by a Bush follower.
Do you really believe that McCain is a Bush follower? Do you not remember the 2000 presidential campaign? Bush slaughtered him in the press. I'm surprised they weren't enemies after that. He's always appeared as a moderate to me. In fact, a large part of the republican party doesn't like him either because they think he is too moderate. Look it up. I'm sure you can find supporting evidence on the internet.

For the record, I've always been a Democrat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keaau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pele turns up the heat (Feb '09) May 20 Joe Balls 4
Is hawaiian paradise park safe to live? (Jan '07) May 9 bobby2018 84
repent TRUMPETS repent Trumpets ( REPENT ) Apr '18 REPENT REPENT 1
Last post wins (Feb '15) Mar '18 _FLATLINE-------- 3
Hawaiian Acres Music Thread (Aug '13) Mar '18 Musikologist 15
cilly side ben marsh mellow strawberry top mars... Mar '18 lava first 2
you tested postive for siily string says tijuna... Mar '18 lava first 1

Keaau Jobs

Personal Finance

Keaau Mortgages