Man Accused of Forcing Wife's Miscarr...

Man Accused of Forcing Wife's Miscarriage

There are 91 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Nov 30, 2007, titled Man Accused of Forcing Wife's Miscarriage. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

By Dan Wilson Appleton Post-Crescent staff writer APPLETON, WI - The evidence against Manishkumar M. Patel, a 34-year-old Town of Kaukauna man charged with attempting to cause his pregnant girlfriend to abort ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Olive Oyl

Columbia, SC

#1 Nov 30, 2007
The article states: "The woman did not file a report with police, she said, because she feared her parents would be disappointed if they discovered she was having an affair with a married man."

The statement above, taken directly from the article, is a joke, right?

The woman worried about her parents being disappointed because INSTEAD of finding an UNmarried man, dating him and getting MARRIED and THEN having children, she did the exact opposite...Give me a break!

The man, too, is at fault for not staying true to his marriage vows and trying to abort the babies of his girlfriend (if her allegations are true) and he should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

However, if you lie with dogs, you're gonna get fleas...
have mercy

Camden, SC

#2 Nov 30, 2007
This guy is 100% WRONG! BUT if you are going to let women go to a hospital and get this pill to kill their baby or go to an abortion clinic to kill their baby....because you say this isn't a baby until it is born, then how can you prosecute this man for killing the baby when it legally wasn't a baby? Repeal Roe vs Wade (which would thrill me to no end!) and then you can prosecute this man for killing the baby.

As for him hitting her in the face, he shouldn't have done that. But her parents should have. If either of my girls start seeing a married man, they will get their butt cut that's for sure because I know I raised them better than that!

Since: Nov 07

Decatur, GA

#4 Nov 30, 2007
Sounds like someone should have used protection!

Jeez, you can buy em at one of the convenience stores he owns for 75 cents in the bathroom.

75 cents v. 94 years? Seems like a no brainer to me.

Since: Nov 07

Decatur, GA

#5 Nov 30, 2007
have mercy wrote:
This guy is 100% WRONG! BUT if you are going to let women go to a hospital and get this pill to kill their baby or go to an abortion clinic to kill their baby....because you say this isn't a baby until it is born, then how can you prosecute this man for killing the baby when it legally wasn't a baby? Repeal Roe vs Wade (which would thrill me to no end!) and then you can prosecute this man for killing the baby.
As for him hitting her in the face, he shouldn't have done that. But her parents should have. If either of my girls start seeing a married man, they will get their butt cut that's for sure because I know I raised them better than that!
You can raise them however you want, but they will make their own choices.

“I hate Fish...”

Since: Aug 07

Columbia, SC

#6 Nov 30, 2007
Whether he did this or not he is definately up to know good, they say they found "a pair of binoculars, a lock-picking device and a device used to disguise the voice when making a call on a cell phone" when they arrested him. No one should need those items.

“I hate Fish...”

Since: Aug 07

Columbia, SC

#7 Nov 30, 2007
Wow, I really should have reread my post. It should be NO good, not KNOW good :)
Lonewolf

Batesburg, SC

#8 Nov 30, 2007
Oh what a tangled web we weave.......
DrPHIL

Irmo, SC

#9 Nov 30, 2007
Despite your beliefs on abortion - NOONE has the right to force a woman to abort a child.
OMY

Columbia, SC

#10 Nov 30, 2007
How do we know that she didn't put the pill/powdery substance in her drink then acuse him???

She stated she got suspicious of him so why did she eat or drink anything with him.

Mess with a married man you will get burnt!!! There is such a thing as birth control!!!
Mike

Columbia, SC

#11 Nov 30, 2007
This story is just so completely pathetic in so many ways. The man is a psychopath and needs to be removed from society. The woman is in some way deranged. She got pregnant by this man THREE times and kept her mouth shut the first two times he forced her to abort? The general info leads me to believe they are middle-easterners. I look for the day when people of that heritage realize that Americans will not put up with their brand of domestic abuse.(And EJF, WHEN are you going to shut up about things you think you understand about women? And don't you believe that SisterCare is somehow involved in this crime?)... Put the man in jail and put the woman in some sort of self-help education. Perhaps she'll somehow learn that men have no right to abuse her - not her father or brother or lover. In the USA, that is called "assault with intent to kill."
No excuses really

Columbia, SC

#12 Nov 30, 2007
It's called BIRTH CONTROL woman.
silent2long

United States

#13 Nov 30, 2007
I can not understand why any woman would mess with a married man. What does he have to offer her? Left-overs from his wife? I can not understand why she would allow herself to get pregnant 2 times by a married man. If they have been involved since 1999, is she not convinced that he has no intention of leaving his wife? I just do not understand women. I am a woman and I just don't think like most women. I listen to logic, not my heart.
Analyt82

Chapin, SC

#14 Nov 30, 2007
The "girl" is STUPID either way it goes!!!! I'm not saying what the man did was right, but she's silly to begin with.

Since: Nov 07

Decatur, GA

#15 Nov 30, 2007
silent2long wrote:
I can not understand why any woman would mess with a married man. What does he have to offer her? Left-overs from his wife? I can not understand why she would allow herself to get pregnant 2 times by a married man. If they have been involved since 1999, is she not convinced that he has no intention of leaving his wife? I just do not understand women. I am a woman and I just don't think like most women. I listen to logic, not my heart.
I do too, and see your point. Some women are just so pathetically STUPID when it comes to men and a sense of belonging.

“Put prevention first!”

Since: Dec 06

StL

#16 Nov 30, 2007
Wondergrl wrote:
<quoted text>
I do too, and see your point. Some women are just so pathetically STUPID when it comes to men and a sense of belonging.
Yes, and when a woman has an affair with a married man she is the only one being "STUPID", right?

Since: Nov 07

Swansea, SC

#17 Nov 30, 2007
Everyone read the story closer. This woman already had a son by this man.

This was an 8 year relationship. Something else is going on, like he wouldn't leave his wife for her.

“Mr. Frownie Face as Xmas Tree”

Since: Aug 07

Somewhere in the Northeast

#18 Nov 30, 2007
He causes her to have one miscarriage, so she stays with him and gets pregnant AGAIN??

Sounds strange to me.

Since: Jun 07

Santa Maria, CA

#19 Nov 30, 2007
chickypoo wrote:
He causes her to have one miscarriage, so she stays with him and gets pregnant AGAIN??
Sounds strange to me.
Sounds like she has "issues". Somewhere deep down, maybe she wants to be treated like crap.

And HE is obviously a whacked out freak! Sick.

“Mr. Frownie Face as Xmas Tree”

Since: Aug 07

Somewhere in the Northeast

#20 Nov 30, 2007
State the Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like she has "issues". Somewhere deep down, maybe she wants to be treated like crap.
And HE is obviously a whacked out freak! Sick.
Sick is right. Either one of 'em hear of a condom?
Paul

Owensboro, KY

#21 Nov 30, 2007
Does anyone have, or know where I can get, video or audio of the initial appearance?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kaukauna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where can i get heroin in this town (Jul '12) May 5 Popadope 12
News Six Family Dollar stores to close Apr '17 Sad 1
News Protesters sling mud at Wisconsin 'Pig Rassle' (Aug '14) Aug '14 USA R0CKS 8
News Four arrested in Appleton meth bust (Mar '13) Mar '13 czsq 1
Review: Quality RV LLC (Feb '13) Feb '13 Cynthia 1
News Police Suspect Missing Kaukauna Man Fell in Lak... (Jan '13) Jan '13 karen 1
News 'Saturation patrols' target drunken drivers (Nov '12) Nov '12 Christa7 5

Kaukauna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kaukauna Mortgages