Deputy shoots, kills man

There are 29 comments on the Cedar Creek Pilot story from Jul 12, 2007, titled Deputy shoots, kills man. In it, Cedar Creek Pilot reports that:

A possible "suicide by cop" case is being investigated by Texas Ranger Richard Sheen after a 911 call from a nine-year-old daughter resulted in the shooting death of her father.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cedar Creek Pilot.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
IN THE HOME

Mesquite, TX

#23 Sep 17, 2007
You have the whole thing wrong yes the 12 year old son was in the same room beside the mom and saw it all ask his councel AND SEE THE REPORTS OF THE STATEMENTS, you also have wrong the man who shot this man was seen on the vidio tape after the shooting laughing and talking on his cell phone to his friends and he was not invited into the home he just walked in I was in the home at the time so get your info straight its people like you who get stuff started, I have the tapeS AND HE NEVER SAID IM SORRY!! BAD INFO AGAIN MAYBE YOU SHOULD LISTEN AGAIN CLOSELY THE OFFICER HAS BIG PROBLEMS AHEAD OF HIM AND HE HAS NEVER BEEN TO THIER HOME WE ALSO HAVE ALL THE 911 REPORTS BACK DATING TO 2004 i FEEL FOR YOU !
FACTS

Mesquite, TX

#24 Sep 17, 2007
Dear also,
you are so full of shi., the msn never said Im sorry, I was in the home and yes the 12year old son was beside me he saw it all maybe you should review you vidios again and review the records on whom was in the home.I do have all the tapes and he never said IM Sorry,he didnt have a chance whatly shot 5 times in 27 sec. from front door to death. about 15 feet. so get it straight do your home work you made a F and he has never been to the home I also have all 911 call to the miller residents from 2004 maybe you should but out and I do suggest anyone to listen to this horiavle tape and video to see what really hapeened! jUSTICE FOR JERRY
who cares

United States

#27 Oct 16, 2007
Well lets see. Man wants to kill self. Man doesn't have the guts to do it. Man's family calls 911 for help. Police gets there and man points what looks like a gun at them. Man is shot. Justice for Jerry? Sounds like Jerry got all the justice he was asking for. Maybe his family should have done something before all of this if he was so out of control.
Texs Expatriate

Baesweiler, Germany

#28 Oct 18, 2007
Hang that b@stard!

Don't get mad get even!
widow wrote:
FOOTBALL YOUR ARE A IDIOT!! YOU WERE NOT THIER THIS WAS A UNTRAINED STUPID MAN WHOM TOOK SOMEONE LIFE FOR NO REASON !!!!!!
<quoted text>
Cops get away

Dallas, TX

#29 Oct 27, 2007
this is sad ,but the cops dont care they know they have the weapons and they know they have the rights to use it no matter what there is no justice in this world..
Unreal

Lewisville, TX

#30 Oct 27, 2007
Sounds to me like a planned case for suing the cops. Create a situation where the cop feels he has to defend himself, then sue because you think he shouldn't have.

Cops can never win with you people. How about next time you need help, just shoot yourself and save them the trouble of explaining why they were there trying to save your ass in the first place?
wow

Mesquite, TX

#31 Nov 3, 2007
You people. no one plans on getting killed when you call for help however we do have many screwed up cops and some good ones,i guess its people like you unreal who will die first when it all come to an end and god will sort it out ! he knows what happened that day you do not hope your cop friend sees me in heaven! ill pray for you all your so lost and evil

Since: Oct 07

Dallas, Tx

#32 Nov 3, 2007
"No one plans on getting killed"

Oh really? There have been documented cases of 'suicide by cop.' Look it up. It happens.

"ill pray for you all your so lost and evil"

While you're at it, pray for yourself. Because judging other people is God's job from what I understand from most religions. By judging us to be evil, you're sinning.

Have a good day....sinner.
In the end

United States

#33 Dec 24, 2007
Well about six months have passed since this occured. Some of us believe the deputy did the wrong thing; some believe he did the right thing.
What do I believe? I believe a police officer went to the home of a suicidal man who had threatened to harm his family. He went inside the house knowing that there was an off duty police officer inside that was asking the dispatcher to get him help.
Without any reason the man pointed a weapon at the deputy and yelled out "Kill me!" while walking toward the deputy. This is stated in witness statements and on the recordings made on 911 and the dash board camera. All is available for review from the Sheriff's Office or Texas Rangers.
When a large man comes at you with what looks like a gun you have to decide what to do. The deputy decided to shoot.
Had he not shot what would have happened? Would Mr. Miller have attacked him, beating him until he forced the deputy to shoot him?
Would Mr. Miller have grabbed one of several real firearms located inside the house and shot the deputy?
Would Mr. Miller have picked back up the knife he had threatened his life with earlier?
All of the things that happened that day have one thing in common. Mr. Miller. Only he could decide how this would end. Deputy Whatley, Mrs. Miller or the off duty officer could only react the what Mr. Miller did. Nothing can ever change that and I hope all of you understand that.

Also, someone made the comment you don't enter the house that's not what is trained. I'm not sure what academy that person attended but I'm sure no police academy trains its cadets to remain outside while another police officer waits inside with a mentally deranged man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kaufman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 20 Banfartos 708
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 19 Fartdog 843
News Judge: 'If it saves one child's life' school zo... May 11 Anon 1
Victor paredes Apr '15 fattychick 1
News Teen Remembered 10 Years After Pipeline Explosion (Aug '06) Apr '15 I_was_there_too 12
News New Details Revealed from Search Warrant in Kau... (Apr '13) Dec '14 john 8
steve thompson-terrell home depot (Oct '11) Nov '14 fedupwithstupidpe... 6
More from around the web

Kaufman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]