Katy Park and Ride takes off

There are 12 comments on the KHOU-TV Houston story from Jan 28, 2008, titled Katy Park and Ride takes off. In it, KHOU-TV Houston reports that:

“Because it's just the comfort of riding and not worrying about the traffic”

Metro's newest Park and Ride rolled out Monday morning. The first bus left the Katy location, just north of I-10 on the Grand Parkway, at 5:30 a.m. Metro said they are expanding commuter service in Katy with ... via KHOU-TV Houston

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KHOU-TV Houston.

Alia

Paramount, CA

#1 May 1, 2008
Is there any schedule for buses from Katy to Houston and where can I get more information please?
renee

Houston, TX

#2 Jun 5, 2008
Is there any Metro buses schedule from Katy to Houston , from Houston to Katy. I live in Katy Tx and I, think it should be Metro buses routes in Katy TX same like Alief and Missouri City and Memorial area. We have losts of residents in Katy Tx area need to ride the bus; because they don't have cars... Thank you............
puprisam

Katy, TX

#3 Jun 20, 2008
You can probably get a bus schedule from Houston Metro. Just google it and you should get a schedule. I used the bus when i had jury duty downtown and it was a breeze. Much easier...and cheaper...than driving. good luck!
ghulam madani

United States

#4 Oct 2, 2009
Is there any Metro buses schedule from Katy to Houston , from Houston to Katy. I live in Katy Tx and I, think it should be Metro buses routes in Katy TX same like Alief and Missouri City and Memorial area. We have losts of residents in Katy Tx area need to ride the bus; because they don't have cars... Thank you..........
puprisam
Katy, TX
Lakita

United States

#5 Oct 24, 2009
LOCAL NEWS
Comments 0| Recommend 1

07:37 AM CST on Monday, January 28, 2008

By Leticia Juarez / 11 News

11 News report KATY -- Metro's newest Park and Ride rolled out Monday morning.

The first bus left the Katy location, just north of I-10 on the Grand Parkway, at 5:30 a.m.

Metro said they are expanding commuter service in Katy with the addition of the 222 Grand Parkway Park and Ride. The new service provides direct service between the Grand Parkway and downtown Houston.

Buses will depart every 15 minutes starting at 5:30 a.m. and return every 15 minutes between 3:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.

The bus fare is $3.50 each way. Metro is encouraging riders to use the new Q Card, reminding them that they'll get five free trips for every 50 paid ones.

"Because it's just the comfort of riding and not worrying about the traffic," commuter Denita Smith said. "It's very nice to read or do whatever you need to do you know -- a lot of people take naps."

Also online

Ride METRO
Metro also parked a Q Card bus at the location Monday morning to help riders make the transition. On Thursday, it will stop selling the day pass and other discount passes. Metro said it's trying to simplify the way riders pay for their fares.

Starting March 3, riders will only have two ways to pay to ride: the Q Card and cash.
Lakita

United States

#6 Oct 24, 2009
Alia wrote:
Is there any schedule for buses from Katy to Houston and where can I get more information please?
http://www.ridemetro.org/Sched ulesMaps/Pdfs/katycorridor.pdf
natasha white

Humble, TX

#7 Mar 25, 2012
I also thank there should be buses in katy....lots of us need the buses to help with getting to work n doctors apts.I work downtown and ya'll that hav eto be at work for 8am coming from katy knows what i'm talking about..........
Lakita

Houston, TX

#8 Apr 4, 2012
natasha white wrote:
I also thank there should be buses in katy....lots of us need the buses to help with getting to work n doctors apts.I work downtown and ya'll that hav eto be at work for 8am coming from katy knows what i'm talking about..........
You work at Subway, stop with the lies you skank.
Sheree

United States

#9 Apr 24, 2012
Im moving to Katy,TX next month on the 28th of May and Im coming with a car, will be staying at the extended stay on katy freeway,and will be working at the walmart at 1313 N.Fry Rd ... and I need to know if theres a bus that goes that way..... Help Please !!!
jbc

Montgomery, TX

#10 Jul 17, 2013
If I get on a bus from Katy, where can you get off of the bus if you do not want to go to the transit center on Main St? I would like to get off before that once you hit downtown. If anyone knows, please let me know.
Jackie

Katy, TX

#11 Nov 22, 2013
I know about the park and ride but to Houston from Katy, TX. But where will I get off in Houston once i get there. I would like to get in Houston around 10:00am and back to Katy, TX around 3:00pm is this possible?
Jackie

Katy, TX

#12 Nov 22, 2013
Sorry I'm from Katy, TX but it's showing San Francisco, CA. lol! In the West Memorial area. I-10

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Katy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jason Sheats said his faith saved him after dau... Thu Staci 2
Good times Sep 26 vern 1
Any lonely housewives (Aug '14) Sep 26 Vernon24 14
Review: America's Transmission Experts (Jun '13) Sep 14 DESIRAE 25
younger 20 college student looking for milf (Jun '12) Sep 4 Vernon24 7
looking for milfs (Dec '15) Sep 4 Vernon24 4
Any hot women around the katy / cypress area? Sep 4 Vernon24 3

Katy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance