David Temple Fights For Appeal

Jan 16, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Click2Houston.com

A former Katy coach convicted of killing his pregnant wife was in a Houston courtroom on Wednesday for his appeal, KPRC Local 2 reported.

Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Jan 12, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Robin

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2010

Judged:

I just watched the 48 Hour Mystery on this case and I have "reasonable doubts" that this man was guilty. The prosecutor dismissed the testimony of the two kids although i'm sure if what they heard was within HER timeline she would have believed every word and used it against him. Also, although I know that lie detectors are inadmissable in court, why did she not take that into consideration...and why didn't the police? If he didn't do the crime, he knows more than what he's telling. Something else that bothers me is that just because a man cheats on his wife,that doesn't automatically make him guilty of murder. It seems to me that in any case where the husband (or wife) is cheating, to the police and prosecutors, that person is guilty of murder and they will persue the spouse rather than take any other evidence into consideration. That is wrong and they would be hypocrites if they denied that any of them had cheated on their spouse. If any of them are cheating, they'd better hope their spouse doesn't die. To me, there was not enough evidence to convict this man. If he did it, I hope he never gets out of jail but if he didn't I hope for his sake (and the families on both sides) they find out who did. And, I hope for the sake of our justice system, the right verdict was reached.
Beverly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2010

Judged:

He is as guilty as they come. What was on 48 Hours wasn't anything like following this case day to day when it happened. The show was tilted toward the defense's view. GUILTY!!
Anne

Fredericksburg, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2010

Judged:

Read Kathryn Casey's book, Shattered,about this case, and you will have no doubts about who the killer was. I didn't see the 48 hours show, but I have read Casey's book -- just finished it today. It was published at the end of June. Kathryn Casey is considered to be possibly the best true crime writer around; even Ann Rule praises her.
This is a cautionary tale to all women about men who are controlling and how it can escalate to murder. David Temple is totally guilty, and the only reason his lawyer wants to prove him innocent is because that's how lawyers are. It's just a game to them, and the "best" lawyer wins. DeGuerin has been beaten in court before by Siegler, and it is torture for him to live with that.
Rita Mae

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2010

Judged:

I'm reading Kathryn Casey's book now. David is guilty as H E Double Toothpicks! Go to Eyes for Lies blog and read what she thinks about his body language and 911 call. I agree with her 100% on this one.

I wonder how the mistress/new wife felt when she married him, if she ever worried or was scared like poor Belinda. I was with a controlling man like David, and you walk on eggshells...like I did for 31 years. No more. No woman should be other than who she is for some controlling jerk.
Rita Mae

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2010

Judged:

Also, I love Kelly Siegler. She is my hero. She got Susan Wright convicted too. She's the best prosecutor, but I wouldn't want her to prosecute me so I'm keeping my nose clean whenever I'm in Texas.
Beverly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

Judged:

"Shattered" should be a required read for all ALIEF teachers. How embarrassing.
hihi

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2010

hi
Nat

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Judged:

Would you believe they actually chose Heather "teacher of the year" at Hastings?!!!! AFTER David murdered Belinda and his daughter.....unfathomable. Heather didn't fall far from the lousy-character tree; her mother sounds like an idiot, too, in the Kathryn Casey book "Shattered". She said she trusted Heather's judgement, never a word about being ashamed or disappointed that her hillbilly stripper daughter was boinking someone's HUSBAND, some poor kid's dad. David was his family's claim to fame, and sadly, he (I suspect) had a great deal of anger at never "making it", as he was too "short" to go pro, the professional football teams didn't consider him due to his height. His family and the town had raised him to believe he was special, yet the larger world didn't agree. He took it out on his wife. Glad he's in jail, and you just know H is boinking someone else by now, she needs that affirmation.
Former student

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2010

Judged:

Mrs. Temple was a blessing from god and loved her work. The day i found out my favorite teacher had been murdered by her HUSBAND i was shattered. She loved every bit of teaching and she is the one who inspired me to do what i am doing today... I LOVE YOU MRS. TEMPLE AND YOU ARE TRULY MISSED
Ray

Depauw, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

I believe that he did kill his wife...I just read the book and thank God for people like Kelly, she put him where he belongs...in a cage...he is an animal...and as for as Heather she a cruel bitch and she should be ashamed for messing around with a married man...shame on you....I hope that stays in jail for the rest of his natural life...and his family is just a crazy as he is...they raised him...
just sayin

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2010

Judged:

I believe, based on the evidence, that David definitely killed Belinda. I also think his motive was to get out of the marriage and avoid having the new baby girl. The affair doesn't constitute guilt, but his behavior leading up to and even after the murder sure does.He is an animal that was aided by his parents time and time again. Also, the system overlooked him several times and just gave him a slap on the wrist--if he'd had to serve some hard time for one of his other crimes, Belinda might be alive today. He sounds like a sociopath and I hope he never gets out either. Here is praying that Evan and Belinda's family are doing well.
Beanz

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

Big football hero my butt! What did he accomplish in life some tackles?!?! Grow up!! It's satisfaction to know a bully loser and killer is behind bars. Heather Scott is a complete moron. Making out with 2 married men.... Slut by most standards. Loser pig. Good luck in life piggy.
life sentence

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Judged:

Beanz wrote:
Big football hero my butt! What did he accomplish in life some tackles?!?! Grow up!! It's satisfaction to know a bully loser and killer is behind bars. Heather Scott is a complete moron. Making out with 2 married men.... Slut by most standards. Loser pig. Good luck in life piggy.
He deserved his Life Sentence without Parole. He should of had the Death Penalty, but it seemed to not qualify at the time. David Temple no doubt planned the murder of his wife. It is obvious he didn't want to be married and also didn't want his baby girl. The main problem with David Temple is he was considered a football hero for years and he kept the stance up after he left football. Heather wasn't a Complicity to Murder person like some have stated on these Topix columns but she knew both men were married. She should have gone after someone single and Belinda and Baby Erin might be alive today. As for David's parents, they took up for him all his life and also defended him with the Murder case. If they had of made him take responsibility for his actions years sooner, then he might not have been such a bully and killed his wife and child.Also, Heather should quit dreaming and realize she isn't Evan's mother and let him see Belinda's parents. Heather only wants attention and she doesn't care how she gets it. I am glad his appeal was denied-he needs to be right where he is! RIP, Belinda and Baby Erin!
timbunka

Chadds Ford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

Judged:

He is innocent and Heather is hot!!!
Dangitbawb

Temple, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

Robin wrote:
I just watched the 48 Hour Mystery on this case and I have "reasonable doubts" that this man was guilty. The prosecutor dismissed the testimony of the two kids although i'm sure if what they heard was within HER timeline she would have believed every word and used it against him. Also, although I know that lie detectors are inadmissable in court, why did she not take that into consideration...and why didn't the police? If he didn't do the crime, he knows more than what he's telling. Something else that bothers me is that just because a man cheats on his wife,that doesn't automatically make him guilty of murder. It seems to me that in any case where the husband (or wife) is cheating, to the police and prosecutors, that person is guilty of murder and they will persue the spouse rather than take any other evidence into consideration. That is wrong and they would be hypocrites if they denied that any of them had cheated on their spouse. If any of them are cheating, they'd better hope their spouse doesn't die. To me, there was not enough evidence to convict this man. If he did it, I hope he never gets out of jail but if he didn't I hope for his sake (and the families on both sides) they find out who did. And, I hope for the sake of our justice system, the right verdict was reached.
I have to agree, but ONLY based on the 48 hours report.(You're comment on the "timeline" is spot on, but that's how it works in any courtroom, prosecution or defense). Did Mr Temple take a polygraph? What were the results? If he shot his wife, wouldn't that result in a lot of bloodsplatter on his clothing? Did he shoot her, then immediately leave with his son? How would he have time to clean up? Hide the weapon without his son seeing it? What about the young man/neighbor, was HE tested for gunpowder residue?

Although I wasn't there for the trial, and I haven't read the book (and I'm not going to, I know that each "side" is going to have their slant) it just seems to me that there is a lot of reasonable doubt, I'm not sure I could have convicted him. It doesn't necessarily mean he's not guilty, afterall, someone killed her. He certainly had the most motive, which is usually the determining factor in any trial. I guess I'm just looking for more facts, so that I would feel more comfortable knowing they got the right person.
Lawyerboy

Hommersåk, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2011

Judged:

David is not guilty..
Lives in Katy

Waller, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2011

Judged:

I went to Alief Elsik High School and had lots of friends that went to Hastings. This story turns my stomach. I read the book which was excellent! I'm glad he got life although I think he should have got the death penalty for his crime. Heather...well I have nothing but distaste for her. She makes vomit more appealing. She is a manipulating selfish women that belongs behind bars as well. She may not have known he was going to kill Belinda but she stuck by David even after all the evidence was presented. She married him shortly after, adopted Evan and now does everything in her power to make sure Belinda's family never sees him again...why? And most important...how does she do it? David is a convicted murder...doesn't blood relative mean more? Anyhow, she still teaches at Hastings high school in Alief. Yes, our tax $$ still pay her salary. I say we all email HR at ALIEF ISD and demand her job.....she is not someone that needs to be around children. If she can manipulate a man to go home and shoot his pregant wife...then what kind of power could she have over a HS Student? Get her out of here! David is guilty as guilty comes, Heather is sick as sick comes and we need both out of our community.
Teacher

Elgin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2011

Judged:

It is a sad story. Even sadder is the fact that she is raising Evan. How in the world did she get custody? She has pictures of him all over her Facebook page. She is feeling great pain today. Her beloved niece died in a car accident. I don't wish anyone harm but perhaps this will help her to understand what the pain of loss feels like.
Concerned

La Center, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2011

Judged:

I saw the 48 hours episode and I also thought they didn't have enough evidence to convict this man. Then I read the book. After reading all the facts I now believe he definitely done this horrible crime. God bless the Lucas family and what they have had to go through. One thing I don't understand though is how Heather is raising Evan. Did the Lucas's even fight for custody? If that were my grandson or nephew I would still be fighting for custody of him.
Alan

Sugar Land, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2011

Judged:

He's guilty. He did it because she irritated him and she was inconvenient.

He's another psychopath, but at least he's where he belongs.

His family should be prosecuted for perjury and obstruction, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Katy Forum right now

Search the Katy Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 10 min Defiant1 17,130
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Defiant1 21,559
local hookup flaunts and not shy Jul 26 imac024 1
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Jul 25 Wow 598
Door to door magazine sales scam (Jan '12) Jul 25 buyer beware 35
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Jul 25 nina roth 755
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Jul 24 Gasman 499
•••
•••

Katy News Video

•••
Katy Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Katy Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••