David Temple Appeal
katy

Katy, TX

#22 Jan 22, 2012
I live in Katy> I went to the same college as Temple> No doubt he is guilty. NONE!
Free David Camm wrote:
I read the book "Shattered" and after reading it I am not convinced David Temple is guilty at all. Does anyone know if his appeals is still pending or was he denied the Appeals? Thanks!
KDB

United States

#23 Feb 12, 2012
Caroline Cutler wrote:
He did it. I read the book and watched the special they had ran on 48 hours mystery. David Temple lied, his family lied and they don't really care who did this horrible murder. He never did ANYTHING to try to find out what happened to his wife and unborn baby girl and his family didn't do anything either. Thats because David Temple murdered his wife and if he hired a private detective then the truth might come out. He was in love with another woman and didn't want his pregnant wife or new baby to complicate his life. His girlfriend wanted more and he couldn't give her more since he was married and his wife was pregnant. He knew that his girlfriend would break-up with him if things didn't change and she was a huge flirt anyway so it wouldn't be a problem to make him jealous. He thought that he could get away with this murder since he was so popular in his hometown. This man is heartless. He only cares about himself and his family is heartless as well. They have no respect for anybody and treated the victims family like trash. David Temple was raised to be like this so it doesn't surprise me that he ended up murdering his wife and unborn baby.
Thank you Caroline Cutler...when I read this I think of what a dramatic life you must live. It makes me sad for you, but thankful for how I live mine. As 'they' say - if you don't have anything nice to say...(especially when you don't know what OR who you're talking about) Take care now
KDB

United States

#24 Feb 12, 2012
Lanie wrote:
He absolutely is GUILTY. Everyone who lives near the crime scene KNOWS he did it. He's a liar, a cheater and a double murderer.
He deserved the DEATH PENALTY.
I read reports every single day of the trial. I read the book Shattered. I knew someone who worked with Belinda.
He is an evil monster and should be on death row.
Not true about everyone who lives near the crime scene...may want to check before speaking for others. No one knows who this person is - that you know, who worked w/ Belinda. Does that make you an expert close to the actual events that occurred? Calling someone an evil monster must mean you personally knew him right? Must be the case, or, well chuck it up to freedom of speech! Maybe you are one too,(someone could say that & others will follow).
Dangitbawb

Rogers, TX

#25 Feb 12, 2012
I agree that our justice system is definitely flawed, but what would the prosecution possibly have to gain by convicting the wrong man? Why wouldn't they go after the person that failed 3 lie detector tests? If your charged with the responsibility of putting people who commit crimes behind bars, doesn't it make sense to go after the person that you think is a murderer?

Maybe someone here can shed light on this subject, maybe share something I am not aware of. Why would a kid kill a pregnant woman? What would be the motive?
TurboTexan

Houston, TX

#26 Feb 17, 2012
Just finished the book, remembered the case when it actually occurred, and the horror that the victim's family stills endures can't be denied. God determines forgiveness and in the end that is all that will matter when David meets his maker. Ironic that his family protected him so, and also the dysfunction that surrounds the family and their religious beliefs.

Why did Belinda not leave this jerk, my only question and I do understand the emotion abuse she had suffered had beaten her down to where she did not think she could. Being a twin I can emphathize with Brenda and the anguish of watching your twin being murdererd slowly by emotional abuse and then the ultimate abuse. Having been in the legal profession for numerous years, this guy had the most expensive attorney in this neck of the woods and that makes a statement in and of itself.

Unfortunately with or without a gun, the jury had been instructed correctly on what they needed to do determine this man's fate, I concur with their decision. One too many lies, divorce is justifiable for the benefit of all...no perfect crime here.
Dave

Germany

#27 Mar 1, 2012
After watching the 48 Hours on David Temple, I'm not convinced he did it. Looks like alot of people jumping to conclusions. Good thing most of the posters here aren't serving on juries, you don't have a rational sense of judgment or a reasonable doubt sense of reason.
Dangibawb

Rogers, TX

#28 Mar 1, 2012
Dave wrote:
After watching the 48 Hours on David Temple, I'm not convinced he did it. Looks like alot of people jumping to conclusions. Good thing most of the posters here aren't serving on juries, you don't have a rational sense of judgment or a reasonable doubt sense of reason.
You apparently don't understand American television. 48 Hours wouldn't be in business if they didn't create sensationalism. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the prosecution has NOTHING to gain by sending an innocent man to jail while letting a guilty person walk. Verdicts are decided by who presented the best case, and apparently the prosecution did a better job than the defense.
Swilson

Rio Rancho, NM

#29 Apr 12, 2012
I know this guy is a arrogant self absorbed mean hateful person. He was going to have to pay for child support for 2 kids and probably lose a lot in a divorce and he needed every penny for the home wrecking tramp he was running around with. These men that do this care nothing about anybody else but themselves. I hope spends every minute thinking about Belinda and Erin. He will rot in hell.
Support

Houston, TX

#30 Apr 16, 2012
He will have feet that stink I bet
Margaret

Virginia Beach, VA

#31 Apr 25, 2012
I read the book and I knew from the beginning that David killed her. How would a burglar get by that vicious dog??? For you people that think he is not guilty, how about the forensics. I have been a court reporter for 37 years reporting criminal cases and there is plenty of evidence here. His parents should have knocked the crap out of him when he was younger. He has definitely got a screw loose. He treated his wife terribly, no love for her, and was not excited over the new baby. I don't know what it would take for some people to find a person guilty. They would have to see it taking place.
Tabitha

Memphis, TN

#32 Apr 29, 2012
Having served on a jury in a murder case, I can say that there is a lot that goes on during the trial that is not covered on television programs and the media. The totality of the trial evidence is what the trial jury based their verdict on and they got it right. There are 12 people on a jury and it just took 1 voting not guilty to get a hung jury-all 12 agreed. But the biggest things that stand out are the dog, the glass that looks like it was broken with the door open and the "girlfriend" (I put that in quotes because we know what she actually is)-so that's what the coverage focuses on. Contrary to popular belief (sarcasm), most people don't commit murder in front of other people and the percentage of cases that actually have forensics are small. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to take a lot of circumstantial evidence and trust people to use common sense which apparently some on this forum do not have. This narcissistic psycho took his wife and daughter's lives because they were inconvenient for him and this is his world and the rest of us just live in it. Maybe it's not his fault; his family seems to have raised him to believe that crap.
Judy

Orange Park, FL

#33 May 25, 2012
Read the book. He spent his whole life being a bully and his parents protected him every step of the way. I hope he is enjoying his time in prison with all his "friends."
Ashley

Minneapolis, MN

#34 Jun 14, 2012
Mark from HK wrote:
Agree with you Rob. He may or may not be innocent, but if 48hrs accurately depicted the evidence there is no way he could be found guilty.
Actually i watched a documentary on ID and they had a vicious dog named Shaka who didnt heal to even the POLICE untill David came out to heel him.... so no one couldve got in besides Belinda or David...hes guilty
Dangitbawb

Belton, TX

#35 Jun 20, 2012
Why is it people are getting killed all the time, and innocent people always seem to be the ones locked up for it??? This dude is guilty, no two ways about it. You can't go by what you saw on 48Hours, they're going to spin some doubt in their show, thats WHAT THEY DO to make you watch it. The kid failed the lie detector test 3 times... Should HE be convicted of the murder instead? Lie detector tests have been proven to be innacurate. Where is there any evidence the kid killed the pregnant woman? No doubt that our judicial system is flawed, Mr Temple was convicted because the prosecution was successful in presenting a more compelling case than the defense, it's as simple as that. In no way can I say that juries are 100% accurate, but they are all we have, and I have to side with them in this case. There's more to this story than what 48Hours showed you, or Mr Temple wouldn't be behind bars...
David

Lodi, CA

#36 Jul 11, 2012
This guy does nt deserve to live,I for one think he deserves to be executed and Ill even pay for the Bullet to go thru his heart.How can a guy shoot his wife let alone kill his unborn child?He is not human sorry he is some kind of freak of nature,some sub species.A bullet costs bout 50 cents ill pay that.I see why he used a shotgun cause no ballistics but wow bet that was a mess too.Ill pay for a 12 guage 00 buckshot round be put thru the back of his head.
David

Lodi, CA

#37 Jul 11, 2012
Tabitha wrote:
Having served on a jury in a murder case, I can say that there is a lot that goes on during the trial that is not covered on television programs and the media. The totality of the trial evidence is what the trial jury based their verdict on and they got it right. There are 12 people on a jury and it just took 1 voting not guilty to get a hung jury-all 12 agreed. But the biggest things that stand out are the dog, the glass that looks like it was broken with the door open and the "girlfriend" (I put that in quotes because we know what she actually is)-so that's what the coverage focuses on. Contrary to popular belief (sarcasm), most people don't commit murder in front of other people and the percentage of cases that actually have forensics are small. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to take a lot of circumstantial evidence and trust people to use common sense which apparently some on this forum do not have. This narcissistic psycho took his wife and daughter's lives because they were inconvenient for him and this is his world and the rest of us just live in it. Maybe it's not his fault; his family seems to have raised him to believe that crap.
I agree the dog had to know the person who killed her,the husband,What a waste of white trash.
David

Lodi, CA

#38 Jul 11, 2012
KDB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Caroline Cutler...when I read this I think of what a dramatic life you must live. It makes me sad for you, but thankful for how I live mine. As 'they' say - if you don't have anything nice to say...(especially when you don't know what OR who you're talking about) Take care now
Say what?We know what we seen and read.How dare you say anything bad about Caroline.If I remember correctly this is still America,home of the free and brave,where we have the right to free speech,where we can voice our opinion without someone jumping down our throats.The guy is guilty he should be shot period.
Cindy

Cedar Park, TX

#39 Jul 23, 2012
Linda in Texas wrote:
David Temple deserves to sit in jail for the rest of life without the possibility of parole. The only problem with that is that law-abiding, moral citizens have to pay for his incarceration by way of our taxes. He should have received the death penalty, albeit I realize he was not eligible at the time.
It's much more expensive to execute someone than to keep them in jail for life. The Death Penalty, with all the guaranteed appeals, etc. cost taxpayers more money than any other form of incarceration.
Cindy

Cedar Park, TX

#40 Jul 23, 2012
Tabitha wrote:
Having served on a jury in a murder case, I can say that there is a lot that goes on during the trial that is not covered on television programs and the media. The totality of the trial evidence is what the trial jury based their verdict on and they got it right. There are 12 people on a jury and it just took 1 voting not guilty to get a hung jury-all 12 agreed. But the biggest things that stand out are the dog, the glass that looks like it was broken with the door open and the "girlfriend" (I put that in quotes because we know what she actually is)-so that's what the coverage focuses on. Contrary to popular belief (sarcasm), most people don't commit murder in front of other people and the percentage of cases that actually have forensics are small. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to take a lot of circumstantial evidence and trust people to use common sense which apparently some on this forum do not have. This narcissistic psycho took his wife and daughter's lives because they were inconvenient for him and this is his world and the rest of us just live in it. Maybe it's not his fault; his family seems to have raised him to believe that crap.
If Jurys always get it right, then why are there so many people whose cases are overturned based on new DNA testing that is able to determine innocence and guilt?
Raven

United States

#41 Jul 27, 2012
How is Evan?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Katy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Local firm's 'Subsea Shuttle' aims to slice off... Feb 20 Walter glen stockton 2
The Party Bee (Apr '16) Feb 14 ChubFarters 5
News Retail wrap: Japan-based Kinokuniya plans first... Feb 2 Walter glen stock... 8
Child abuser in Katy Feb 1 Good Farts 2
USPS packages Jan 28 Just fart 6
News Ben R Shull Cpa LLC (Brscpa) Relocates to Large... (Oct '09) Jan '18 BATH FARTS 2
News Wal-Mart is giving many of its stores makeovers (Oct '09) Jan '18 LUNCH FART 7

Katy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Katy Mortgages