Mr. Jim's Hole in the Ground

Posted in the Katy Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Katy Diner

Montgomery, TX

#1 Feb 5, 2010
I am a long time Katy resident, and being a widower, I eat out most nights. I recently heard about a new place called Mr. Jim's off of I-10 across from the mall. When i walked in, I was afraid it was a bar, which it is, but it is moreso a burger joint. I was very happy that i stopped in. The burger is the best that i have had in Katy. The fries are fresh cut and the beer was ice cold. I have been back at least three time a week since. The owners are there every day and are as nice as can be. After talking to them i found out the name of the place comes from Jim Rose, a man that lived in Katy most of his life and helpd start the Katy FFA. The bartenders are nice. Chris has worked in a few of the different watering holes around Katy for years and knows here stuff. Natasha is young and does text a lot but seems to be very nice. Amanda is the nicest of the bunch and interacts very well with me and the others that are eating and drinking. Christine can be a little standoffish and does not seem like she really enjoys what she does but then she is the bosses wife so i think her job is safe. I really recommed this place for the food, cold beer and the company.
Katy Dave

Montgomery, TX

#2 Feb 6, 2010
You hit the nail on the head pretty much with all your statements. The burgers on the jalapeno bun are as good as it gets in Houston, much less Katy, but their steaks on Thursdays are increadible. I have only had it once but it was one of the best ribeyes I have had. I agree on the staff, even though I have not been their when Chritine is working I have heard that from a couple of friends of mine. I will be back for sure.
5 man crew

Montgomery, TX

#3 Feb 6, 2010
I will agree with both of you. I go to mr jims 3 or 4 times a week with a few guys. The food is great and the service, for the most part is well above most places in Katy. Cristine is not all that bad, she just does not have much of a personality, but the beer is still cold and the drinks are poured right. I do tand to spend more time there f it is Chris or Amanda working. They recently fired the dead weight in the kitchen so the food is consistantly good again. Try 'em out, I'll probably be there.
Beth

Montgomery, TX

#4 Feb 6, 2010
I do not know anything about the bartenders, but I do love their food and the fact that I can take my kids up there and they can play on the playground. It is so nice to be able to sit outside and not look at traffic or other businesses or a parking lot. They have a huge grassy are off the deck and the bayou runs right next to it. Very peaceful and very nice people.
Boots

Montgomery, TX

#5 Feb 8, 2010
Two thumbs up from me!
Stacey

Montgomery, TX

#6 Feb 8, 2010
Foods great! Yawl leave Christine alone, I am pretty sure that she is just new to tending and is not comfortable so it seems like she is not so nice. Audrey, the owner is the nicest lady I have met and everyone else seems to be ready to take care of you as a customer. Over all I really love this place!
Lfm

Montgomery, TX

#7 Feb 9, 2010
Never been there, but I am going to try it.
Kuntrey Girl

Montgomery, TX

#8 Feb 9, 2010
Great food, Geat atmosphere, Cold Beer. I like that you have the bar area and then there are kids there as well for the food. It is as unique a feel as I have been to in Houston.
TenMan

United States

#9 Feb 9, 2010
Kuntrey Girl has a pretty mouth!
Kuntrey Girl

Montgomery, TX

#10 Feb 9, 2010
Go away!
TenMan

United States

#11 Feb 9, 2010
Can I buy you a drink?
Stevielee

Montgomery, TX

#12 Feb 9, 2010
Hail, Hail, the new Best Burger in Houston crown now resides at Mr. Jim's! Nice size, hot with fresh vegetables, perfect. I personally like Amanda. I heard some guy up there calling her mommie, so I guess that is her nickname. Don't know Christine but I hear there is a Tina that works there who is smokin!
Kuntrey Girl

Montgomery, TX

#13 Feb 9, 2010
eeew, after you made that comment. You need to take a step back and think af a different approach.
No to Leno

Montgomery, TX

#14 Feb 9, 2010
Dont know about the food but the beer is cold cold cold. Christine might be OK if someone pulled that stick out her backside.
Boots

Montgomery, TX

#15 Feb 9, 2010
Come on guys, go easy. I know one guy who thinks Chritine is the best thing since sliced bread.
Med

Montgomery, TX

#16 Feb 10, 2010
Food is good. Need to add a grilled chicken sandwich and maybe a wrap or two. Do not know any names, but all the employees I have talked to have been very nice.
Bear

Montgomery, TX

#17 Feb 10, 2010
Katy has needed a place like this for a long time. i am tired of the chains or the mom and pops that try hard but lose sight of the things that really matter, good food, great service and consistansy. Burger baskets are a little pricey, but they are tasty. Just a note to the owners, find your price points and stick to them and be sure that the bartenders charge the same.
Advantage

Montgomery, TX

#18 Feb 10, 2010
Are you kidding me! Nice place, but it is an ICE HOUSE, they just do not realize it. They charge prices for mixed drinks that I do not pay at nice restaurants or resorts. If they wanted to be a upper end bar, they should not have built an icehouse. When I walked in i thought I had found my new home away from home as well a the new place for my group of boys to meet weekly, I was wrong. I wish they would look at who they are and get their pricing right. If they do, someone let me know.
KCK

Montgomery, TX

#19 Feb 11, 2010
Hey Med, you get what you pay for and the burgers are great and the basket includes fries cut from potatos not frozen crap. Advantage, i'm not sure about the mixed drinks but the beer is priced right and ice cold. I am pretty sure they consider themselves an icehouse as well as a grill. I have been in many a place in Katy where they act better than their custromers and with possibnly one exception, the emplyees here do not act like that. I will definatly be a regular.
Med

Montgomery, TX

#20 Feb 11, 2010
KCK you must have gotten me mixed up with Bear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Katy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Similac Thu Farts jar 4
Anyone looking for Tar (Dec '16) Jul 13 Fart caveat 16
New YouTube Channel with a Christian emphasis Jul 6 Gracefully fart 2
Review: Mason Road Jewelry & Loan Co (Oct '09) Jun 29 Fart Be Eye 9
News Outback Steakhouse to open in Katy and Pasadena Jun 28 Stinky fart 4
News Police: Texas mom was on Facebook when her baby... Jun 25 Fart questions 6
My wife in need of a Kidney Transplant May '17 Heavenly Fart 4

Katy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance