State Supreme Court hands rail opponents victory over burials

Aug 25, 2012 Full story: The Honolulu Advertiser

The first column of Honolulu's rail transit project at Kapolei was revealed in June when the concrete forms were removed.

Full Story
leeward LOLO

Honolulu, HI

#1 Aug 25, 2012
We do not need tons of concrete poured on every available space and a lot of not currently available places so that a few politicians can line their pockets and taxpayers can pay for it for years. While it eventually sits rusted out and unused.

A million $ plus fund for attys just to fight opposition to the thing yet Kiewit's contract is completely in Kiewit's favor.

Who slipped up and used taxpayer funded attys to force it thru while Kiewit was writing their own terms?

They win even if it is cancelled. But 10 caissons knocked down is nothing compared to 370 destroying everything IN THEIR PATH.

Look at how everything else here is sadly neglected these days with our $$$$ funneled to this white elephant UNWANTED train.

Hopefully in the next few days the thing will be PAU.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kapolei Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State timeshare properties prove popular with o... (Feb '09) 20 min Tylequious Jackson 4
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 28 min Jack 2,313
Magic Island privetization 40 min Guru 12
Propaganda from the Delusional Mon Leeward Outlier 3
Why do Filipinos consider themselves as Pacific... (Oct '08) Mon RiccardoFire 420
KOBE is DONE_____THROW him in the DUMPSTER (Dec '13) Mon Guru 62
Imua Rail?? (May '12) Mon God is on my side 370
Kapolei Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Kapolei People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:39 am PST

NBC Sports 5:39AM
Raiders adding Sal Sunseri to defensive staff
NBC Sports 6:31 AM
Raiders hire Todd Downing as quarterbacks coach
NBC Sports 7:09 AM
Perry Fewell to interview for position coach job with 49ers
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?
NBC Sports10:39 AM
Alleghany County sheriff: No conflict of interest with deputy working for Steelers