Remembering Hawaii in the 70ís and 80ís
Tim

United States

#3643 Jul 2, 2013
Maria wrote:
I remember catching the HRT after school to Fort Street Kress to have a tuna sandwich and milkshake at their fountain. I remember passing on Hotel Street where gypsies use to have fortune telling boths. I also rememberthe old Tin Pan Alley where the Follies used to be. I could not tell anyone these things because I was a Catholic school girl.
I remember the street preachers who would come to the bus stop at Fort Street. They wore dark suits, ties, and carried bibles. They would preach the Word for hours.
memorylane

Claremore, OK

#3644 Jul 2, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> Diamondback is in Watonga, Oklahoma.
I'll look it up, thanks.

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#3645 Jul 2, 2013
memorylane wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll look it up, thanks.
I know a few of the guys doing time in there. Dummies wanted to be big-time gangbangers so one shot an innocent army caption that was on vacation with his wife and children, and another one shot a Jack-in the Box cashier for nothing. These guys each took two or three of their buddies down with them, and I hope they all rot in there. About four years ago I heard one of them was getting out, and a week before he was released the court re-sentenced him to LIFE.
District 1

Mililani, HI

#3646 Jul 3, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> I know a few of the guys doing time in there. Dummies wanted to be big-time gangbangers so one shot an innocent army caption that was on vacation with his wife and children, and another one shot a Jack-in the Box cashier for nothing. These guys each took two or three of their buddies down with them, and I hope they all rot in there. About four years ago I heard one of them was getting out, and a week before he was released the court re-sentenced him to LIFE.
Hawaii was pretty rough back in the day. It wasn't all luaus and hula girls. Haoles used to get likkens all the time.
It still is pretty rough here in the same way, but not the random likkens and murders like the ones you mention. Today, they just get their rent-a-cars broken into. BUY DA DAMAGE LOSS INSURANCE, brah.

Remember the dysfunctional and violent Sua family from Waipahu back in the 1990s? That was one nutz bunch of violent soles. I think they gave the entire race and Pupu area a bad rap. When he was 15, John Sua capped that sailor in the parking lot. He was released from Youth Correctional when he turned 19. Then, he stabbed a man and left him paralyzed from his neck down. Sua was sentenced to a life with possibility of parole. I hope he never gets out. That whole family should be sent back to Samoa, especially the rotten parents.
Nowadays it's more random and less organized. Lone nutz like Colin Elderts are still around, but tend to beef with their "own" than go Waiks to lick the Haoles. Guess word's out you might get capped...

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#3647 Jul 3, 2013
District 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Hawaii was pretty rough back in the day. It wasn't all luaus and hula girls. Haoles used to get likkens all the time.
It still is pretty rough here in the same way, but not the random likkens and murders like the ones you mention. Today, they just get their rent-a-cars broken into. BUY DA DAMAGE LOSS INSURANCE, brah.
Remember the dysfunctional and violent Sua family from Waipahu back in the 1990s? That was one nutz bunch of violent soles. I think they gave the entire race and Pupu area a bad rap. When he was 15, John Sua capped that sailor in the parking lot. He was released from Youth Correctional when he turned 19. Then, he stabbed a man and left him paralyzed from his neck down. Sua was sentenced to a life with possibility of parole. I hope he never gets out. That whole family should be sent back to Samoa, especially the rotten parents.
I knew Sua too, it was the same time frame. I was in court the day they brought Sua in for his arraignment for stabbing the sailor and he was all smiles and joking about how he held his gun (sideways). His entire clan was with him, it was like a party. The cases I talked about, those guys thought it was a joke too, they were joking about how the captain's wife came out with the little kids and found her husband dying on the porch. They thought it was funny that they had shot, "the friggin Hoale" and ran down the beach. Well, I think it's pretty funny that they must have aszholes that are as loose as Grandma's pissflaps by now.

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#3648 Jul 3, 2013
I mean "shooting" the sailor. If I recall correctly, it was a .45
District 1

Mililani, HI

#3649 Jul 3, 2013
I think it was a 9mm FMJ.

Anyway, I hope our justice system revives the death penalty. It defies logic to think that NO form of human behavior can be appropriately dealt with by hanging from the highest tree.

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#3650 Jul 3, 2013
The guys that shot the army officer are doing life at least two of them are, one had a mistrial because of one juror that I suspect was gotten to, and two or three more of them walked. If the feds hadn't stepped in and taken the case away from Hawaii's state court we'd all be in danger from those mutts today. They would have been released to their gramma's custody with milk and cookies.
District 1

Mililani, HI

#3651 Jul 3, 2013
If I recall, the weapon was a sawed off .22cal rifle.
This is why Fed firearms laws get crazy.
I could really use a compact lever action of less than 16" but that makes it a pistol.
Meanwhile, the criminals have all the guns in whatever variation they need.
My logic sensor is showing a reading of 0.01 on a scale of 10.
Eric Stutter

Mililani, HI

#3652 Jul 3, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> I knew Sua too, it was the same time frame. I was in court the day they brought Sua in for his arraignment for stabbing the sailor and he was all smiles and joking about how he held his gun (sideways). His entire clan was with him, it was like a party. The cases I talked about, those guys thought it was a joke too, they were joking about how the captain's wife came out with the little kids and found her husband dying on the porch. They thought it was funny that they had shot, "the friggin Hoale" and ran down the beach. Well, I think it's pretty funny that they must have aszholes that are as loose as Grandma's pissflaps by now.
Why were you in court? Your a fcking criminal yourself and probably there to answer why you failed to support your many kids from different hos. I willing to bet if we ran your name we would be surprised what a fck up you are. 2 faced fcking loser with no job, no income, and a known troublemaking haole in Waianae.

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#3653 Jul 3, 2013
District 1 wrote:
If I recall, the weapon was a sawed off .22cal rifle.
This is why Fed firearms laws get crazy.
I could really use a compact lever action of less than 16" but that makes it a pistol.
Meanwhile, the criminals have all the guns in whatever variation they need.
My logic sensor is showing a reading of 0.01 on a scale of 10.
Yes, it was a sawed off .22 that belonged to another of their friends. He wasn't charged because he testified against the shooter. There were people involved that weren't charged. They lived at the Sunflower Apartments in Waianae. You can drive by there anytime, day or night and see black drug dealers standing outside. It's been that way for years. Very unusual for Hawaii.
Joe Balls jr

Mililani, HI

#3654 Jul 3, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, it was a sawed off .22 that belonged to another of their friends. He wasn't charged because he testified against the shooter. There were people involved that weren't charged. They lived at the Sunflower Apartments in Waianae. You can drive by there anytime, day or night and see black drug dealers standing outside. It's been that way for years. Very unusual for Hawaii.
What did I tell you guys? My dad knows everything. He has reported this to the Waianae police department but was told over and over he was limited to just 1 rat fink call per week, not 1 per hour like he keeps doing 7 days a week. If they could only get rid of my Dad the phone lines would be free for others to report real crimes.

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#3655 Jul 3, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, it was a sawed off .22 that belonged to another of their friends. He wasn't charged because he testified against the shooter. There were people involved that weren't charged. They lived at the Sunflower Apartments in Waianae. You can drive by there anytime, day or night and see black drug dealers standing outside. It's been that way for years. Very unusual for Hawaii.
Correction: The victim was a warrant officer. The local savages left an eight year old and a four year old without their dad.

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#3656 Jul 3, 2013
Eric Stutter wrote:
<quoted text>Why were you in court? Your a fcking criminal yourself and probably there to answer why you failed to support your many kids from different hos. I willing to bet if we ran your name we would be surprised what a fck up you are. 2 faced fcking loser with no job, no income, and a known troublemaking haole in Waianae.
I was there as a "friend of the court" on another case, Assholio. Yes, I've put more than a few of the local scofflaws in jail where they belong and am proud of it. You sure are interested in my business though, aren't you? You are the nosiest person on Topix. I'll count all the "good boys" that I've put away but it will take some time to tally for you, ok sweetcheeks?
shaughpe

Ewa Beach, HI

#3657 Jul 3, 2013
adobo wrote:
<quoted text>Little Egypt was located on Waipahu St. next to the Shell Gas Station. It's now occupied by PaPa Johns Pizza. I remember the owner used to drive a lavender colored Lincoln Continental with license plates "Egypt",
So do you have any idea when it closed or what happened to Lace?
anonymous proxy

Los Angeles, CA

#3658 Jul 7, 2013
Eat me.
Eat me

Mililani, HI

#3659 Jul 7, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> I was there as a "friend of the court" on another case, Assholio. Yes, I've put more than a few of the local scofflaws in jail where they belong and am proud of it. You sure are interested in my business though, aren't you? You are the nosiest person on Topix. I'll count all the "good boys" that I've put away but it will take some time to tally for you, ok sweetcheeks?
You were there for drunk and disorderly charges. That's when they found out you had existing warriants for being a DEADBEAT dad with fcking half black,half Chinesef,half white, half Indian kids you ran away from. Lowlife gigolo to ugly bytches with many mixedup welfare entitlement losers like their daddy Balls. You probably steal you own kids FS if you had the chance you loser.
adobo

Ewa Beach, HI

#3660 Jul 12, 2013
anonymous proxy wrote:
Eat me.
Little Egypt must of closed sometime in the 80s. Not sure of what happened to Lace.
adobo

Ewa Beach, HI

#3661 Jul 12, 2013
shaughpe wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you have any idea when it closed or what happened to Lace?
Little Egypt must of closed sometime in the 80s. Not sure of what happened to Lace.
Eric96826

Phoenix, AZ

#3662 Aug 4, 2013
ETA136 wrote:
microwave ovens... what did we do without them? I bought my first Panasonic model from OK TV & Appliance on University Ave.
Anyone buy the expensive model, the Genie... and use it only to nuke food?
That was my uncle n auntie's store but the very first store was on Kapiolani Blvd not far from Keeamoku St.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kapolei Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Preacher Jim (Feb '11) 18 min Puke 4 525
Nag Hammadi Revisited - Sussex copy of Declarat... 20 min USA Bird 3
Rail: Cayetano fights back 4 hr American Infidel 24
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 5 hr Dr Guru 1,589
Imua Rail?? (May '12) 8 hr Waikiki murders 615
News Hawaii sues Trump over immigration ban 8 hr Waikiki murders 12
Gangs in Hawaii (Oct '07) 8 hr Krazyhayn 804

Kapolei Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance