Stop Light Debate

Stop Light Debate

There are 51 comments on the KLFY-TV Lafayette story from Jan 28, 2011, titled Stop Light Debate. In it, KLFY-TV Lafayette reports that:

One Acadiana town wants to install a traffic light at a troublesome intersection in their town.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KLFY-TV Lafayette.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Just Wondering

Kaplan, LA

#1 Jan 28, 2011
The Louisiana DOT will probably put a vehicle counter to see if there is enough traffic to wqarrant a red light at that intersection. The fact is that there is trffic on Highway 14 as a state highway, but there is not that much traffic on Elezar, other than police esoorts for the few funerals that go out of town for burials. There was more traffic at the North end of the Cushing Avenue Main Street intersection at Sixth Street, yet the Louisiana DOT took the red light out because there was not enough traffice to need a red light at that intersection. Because of the preceding, the Louisiana DOT may probably also find that there is not sufficient traffic to imped traffic with another red light on Highway 14. There is already a turn lane to accomadate turning traffic and with the gas prices at nearly $4.00 a gallon and rising, has anyone thought of the wasted time waiting for the red light to turn green and consideable out of pocket gas money on a daily basis to actually imped traffic flow? So do we really need another red light on Highway 14?
catknip

Abbeville, LA

#2 Jan 29, 2011
I think the Mayor and council did the right thing by letting DOTD do the study and tell them what there findings are. They may have some other ideas to protect the traffic in that area.
Stell Lee

San Diego, CA

#3 Jan 29, 2011
I wonder if they put a red lite there, if Santa will have to stop next Christmas?
lost in space

Abbeville, LA

#4 Jan 29, 2011
Santa will fly over the light. where you been stell lee we miss you. Brother Bruce has been quiet
Stell Lee

San Diego, CA

#5 Jan 29, 2011
Been awfully busy. They put me to work. Sure Brother Bruce hasn't just toned down some of his long posts not to be made and is still posting?
Just Wondering

Kaplan, LA

#6 Jan 29, 2011
Stell Lee wrote:
I wonder if they put a red lite there, if Santa will have to stop next Christmas?
What a terrible joke by the dear Santa Stell lee: The post #1 simply presented the facts as help for other persons to consider if a red light should or should not be put at the Highway 14 and Elezar intersection. However for your 1 cents worth, Santa Stell lee you being the real Santa, you will like everyone else and all other Santas have to stop and burn your high priced gas at the red light, if they install a red light at that intersection, and the sparks will fly from your skids. Oh but a flying Santa Stell lee has flying air brakes so Santa Stell lee may just jump fly over the red light and get a no-fly ticket over a red light by Kaplan's finest. lol-lmao !!!!
Stell Lee

San Diego, CA

#7 Jan 29, 2011
I rest my case. Now I got to get off of here and see about getting this plant back up and running
lost in space

Abbeville, LA

#8 Jan 30, 2011
Is just wondering who I think it is
redlight

Abbeville, LA

#9 Jan 31, 2011
I jut wanted to say that something needs to be done with that street. Some of you get on here and are totally clueless. Gas prices at a red light now really. Have you sat and watced the traffic at Eleazar and 14 ?? Do you realize that this is the road that school buses travel to bring your children to school. Do yourself a favor and just watch what goes on there . Especially when school is about to start or when it is about to let out. And yes I would be there is enough traffic to put a red light there. How can you sit there and talk about a turning lane.Do you honestly think that the lane solves the problem ?? NO.. I will be the first to tell you the light needs to be there. In this fast paced world that we live in someone is going to get hurt right there. I also think that the speed limit needs to be changed from highway 13 to nicks. People are traveling to fast.
Factual

Kaplan, LA

#10 Jan 31, 2011
redlight wrote:
I jut wanted to say that something needs to be done with that street. Some of you get on here and are totally clueless. Gas prices at a red light now really. Have you sat and watced the traffic at Eleazar and 14 ?? Do you realize that this is the road that school buses travel to bring your children to school. Do yourself a favor and just watch what goes on there . Especially when school is about to start or when it is about to let out. And yes I would be there is enough traffic to put a red light there. How can you sit there and talk about a turning lane.Do you honestly think that the lane solves the problem ?? NO.. I will be the first to tell you the light needs to be there. In this fast paced world that we live in someone is going to get hurt right there. I also think that the speed limit needs to be changed from highway 13 to nicks. People are traveling to fast.
When was there any accident of any grave consequence at the intersection of Elezar and Highway 14? None in many years that I know of. Has there been any accidents there after the turn lane was put in? None that I know of, so the turning lane must have helped solve the problem except in your view. According to your drift, if you want a red light there because the school buses travel there, remember that the State removed the red light at the Cushing and Sixth Street intersection, and just about all buses travel that intersection. According to what you said, you would thus need a red light at each intersection that school buses pass. I guess you would also want the speed limit to be lowered all along highway 14, if you want it lowered at Elezar and highway 14 due to your statements. I personally have traveled at the intersection of Elezar and Highway 14 everyday three times today and three times today and everyday for many years and have yet to see an accident of any consequences. There is as much, if not more traffic at the intersection of Cushing and Sixth Street, yet the State removed that red light due to not enough traffic to have the red light at that intersection. The intersection at Cushing and Sixth Street is far more dangerous than the proposed site of the new red light, since there is no turn lane, and most of the school busses pass there twice a day. As a courteous driver I always give the buses the right of way. Unfortunately because of the preceding it seems that you are the clueless. But of course you and everyone have a right to express a view on this subject. God Bless you for caring enough to post, since it presents your view.
redlight

Abbeville, LA

#11 Jan 31, 2011
I too am glad that you expressed your self and your opinion.But guess what with all due respect sir you are still clueless. I got into an accident. I am suprised that you did not do your homework. I know you well and when I see you again we will talk about this more. Then you will understand my point. And if you think that there is more traffic on cushing and 6th st. then I think there is a problem . And if you think that cushing and 6th st is more dangerous than 14 and eleazar then we really have a problem. But I know I am just wasting my time telling you this. You know better. I know the city and the state will do what is right for our needs. And I commend them for trying to help. It's long past due. I know it takes time. Thanks
Factual

Kaplan, LA

#12 Jan 31, 2011
redlight wrote:
I too am glad that you expressed your self and your opinion.But guess what with all due respect sir you are still clueless. I got into an accident. I am suprised that you did not do your homework. I know you well and when I see you again we will talk about this more. Then you will understand my point. And if you think that there is more traffic on cushing and 6th st. then I think there is a problem . And if you think that cushing and 6th st is more dangerous than 14 and eleazar then we really have a problem. But I know I am just wasting my time telling you this. You know better. I know the city and the state will do what is right for our needs. And I commend them for trying to help. It's long past due. I know it takes time. Thanks
You are wrong since you think, but really have no idea who I am due to your wrong thinking. I said that there were no accidents of any grave consequences meaning really bad accidents at that intersection. This subject is simply a valid discussion only, since the State will find out if sufficient traffic warrants a red light there, and it has been floated around before. Since the State took out the red light at the end of Cushing and 6th Street which is far more of a potential for bus and other accidents, yet the State concluded that there really is no need for one there as the State may do at the proposed site. Since there have been no serious bad accidents at the site nor at Cushing and 6th street, it sure looks like that the wisdom of the State was even more correct than you and I.
Factual

Kaplan, LA

#13 Feb 1, 2011
redlight wrote:
I too am glad that you expressed your self and your opinion.But guess what with all due respect sir you are still clueless. I got into an accident. I am suprised that you did not do your homework. I know you well and when I see you again we will talk about this more. Then you will understand my point. And if you think that there is more traffic on cushing and 6th st. then I think there is a problem . And if you think that cushing and 6th st is more dangerous than 14 and eleazar then we really have a problem. But I know I am just wasting my time telling you this. You know better. I know the city and the state will do what is right for our needs. And I commend them for trying to help. It's long past due. I know it takes time. Thanks
Man, I guess it takes a clueless to think he or she knows wrongly, since you must be erroneously thinking of the good outspoken guy who gets blamed to speak the truth relating to nearly everything in Craplan. You know it’s really sad for anyone to think you know another when others write long posts as needed to respond. You are barking up the wrong tree in the wrong forest hint who uses ah! I am far from knowing everything ah, only just smarter than you sweetie pie honey child. To my knowledge there have really been only fender bender and some person who stupidly rand into the light pole, but not any really bad accidents at both sites. That must be why the Main Street redlight was removed.

Well it seems that the State is not as dumb founded as Mr. or Mrs. redlight thinks about anyone who posted here. There have been several across the road vehicle counters installed to count vehicle traffic down Main Street, and several other places along Highway 14. The State will thus see if there is more traffic in the proposed redlight site verses the amount of traffic in the other areas which do not have red lights. As stated earlier, that way the State will see and decide if there is sufficient traffic to put or not put a redlight, and all that was said here amounts to a zero nothing.

Since: May 10

Abbeville, LA

#14 Feb 1, 2011
the state was in town Monday putting down traffic counters, they will do research and no light will be put up
POLI

Kaplan, LA

#15 Feb 2, 2011
saintsman wrote:
the state was in town Monday putting down traffic counters, they will do research and no light will be put up
And Mr. redlight disappears
redlight

Abbeville, LA

#16 Feb 3, 2011
All I have to say is who are you to say that you are smarter than I am . I just know that you are a royal pain in the behind and you get under my skin and everyone else's . And if you have not figured that out then that really makes me smarter than you are because it is FACTUAL truth. You are not smart enough to know that people on here egg you on and try to make you talk. You are not smart enough to know what you have to say,, they could really care less. I didnt disapear. I just dont have time to stay on this computer. I have a life. I dont stay on here and WAIT for dumb comments. Now you can try and use your big 25 cent words, which I think you are just trying to look smart because some of them just dont make sense. I am just a concerned citzen . And if I don't have the right to say what I feel without you taking it and disecting it then what has this world come to. Get a hobby.. do something besides aggravate people. lIke I said.. I know who you are.
Factual

Kaplan, LA

#17 Feb 3, 2011
redlight wrote:
All I have to say is who are you to say that you are smarter than I am . I just know that you are a royal pain in the behind and you get under my skin and everyone else's . And if you have not figured that out then that really makes me smarter than you are because it is FACTUAL truth. You are not smart enough to know that people on here egg you on and try to make you talk. You are not smart enough to know what you have to say,, they could really care less. I didnt disapear. I just dont have time to stay on this computer. I have a life. I dont stay on here and WAIT for dumb comments. Now you can try and use your big 25 cent words, which I think you are just trying to look smart because some of them just dont make sense. I am just a concerned citzen . And if I don't have the right to say what I feel without you taking it and disecting it then what has this world come to. Get a hobby.. do something besides aggravate people. lIke I said.. I know who you are.
Ma sher you should not say all those above things that only fit you. The talk on the street including a parish official and even another poster is that the State will not put a redlight at the proposed site and if and when it happens you will then have to eat your words. So get off your high horse because you can relax at your desk each morning till about 4 because you really may not know your A from a hole in the ground.
redlight wrote:
All I have to say is who are you to say that you are smarter than I am . I just know that you are a royal pain in the behind and you get under my skin and everyone else's . And if you have not figured that out then that really makes me smarter than you are because it is FACTUAL truth. You are not smart enough to know that people on here egg you on and try to make you talk. You are not smart enough to know what you have to say,, they could really care less. I didnt disapear. I just dont have time to stay on this computer. I have a life. I dont stay on here and WAIT for dumb comments. Now you can try and use your big 25 cent words, which I think you are just trying to look smart because some of them just dont make sense. I am just a concerned citzen . And if I don't have the right to say what I feel without you taking it and disecting it then what has this world come to. Get a hobby.. do something besides aggravate people. lIke I said.. I know who you are.
Ma sher you should not say all those above things that only fit you. The talk on the street, including a parish official and even another poster is that the State will not put a redlight at the proposed site and if and when it happens you will then have to eat your words. Please don’t get disturbed losing your cool as you have? You can relax at your desk each morning till about 4 since you really may not know your A from a hole in the ground as others say in town. As you should know well, the State is in charge of State Highways, so the State will decide this issue, not you, not any of the Kaplan Council and thus not even the Mayor of the City of Kaplan. Mr. concerned citizen you and I have the American freedom to say what we say and since topix is required by law to maintain poster identity a secret, you are way off base fishing and guessing in your mistaken identification. Having read most of past topix messages, it looks to me that you may be one of those who get aggravated and blame some outspoken dude who tells it like it is.
Factual

Kaplan, LA

#18 Feb 3, 2011
Got it talking redlight? You should since I put my post twice to make sure you read and undeewrstand.
Factual

Kaplan, LA

#19 Feb 3, 2011
Let me quote it again: "As you should know well, the State is in charge of State Highways, so the State will decide this issue, not you, not any of the Kaplan Council and thus not even the Mayor of the City of Kaplan. Mr. concerned citizen you and I have the American freedom to say what we say and since topix is required by law to maintain poster identity a secret, you are way off base fishing and guessing in your mistaken identification. Having read most of past topix messages, it looks to me that you may be one of those who get aggravated and blame some outspoken dude who tells it like it is."
Factual

Kaplan, LA

#22 Feb 3, 2011
redlight wrote:
<quoted text> LOL now I really know who you are.. Your quote of american freedom told it all. I know for a fact I am not mistaken as to who you are. Mr. Broussard. You are not telling me anything that I don't already know about the state being the one to make the decision. I am not ignorant. That is not my issue here. You really should pay attention. You are slacking..LOL. HMMMM so unlike you. Not blaming you for anything... You think you have all the answers to all of it. And you think you have everyone and everything figured out. Just because you believe you are right does not mean you are. I figured that out in myself a long time ago. You are alot older than I am you should have figured that out by now. I cant wait for the decision on this thing so I can read your comment in the paper. Do yourself a favor and leave it alone . All I wanted to say was the light was needed. You had to start your s--- like you always do. You believe that no one else is right you are the only one that is. So let your ego fly Mr. factual. We will see what happens in the end. You may not like it.
Here you go again making false assumptions. You seem to think that everyone is Mr. Broussard and that no one else can tell it is like he does. I am not any Broussard, not even my great grand mom but I'll let you in on a tiny secret. I have read many of the dude’s posts and I like them so much that I purposely have written my posts in the same style, and boy I must have done a good job of it. So thanks for the complement chump. I put out the possibilities to get people interested enough to debate it. If they put a red light at the site, I'm all for it. If they do not, then you may have a red face. As an example of persons being able to write in the style of another and claiming to know who it is: Could you write and speak in the style of Captain Kirk? Sure you could, but that would not mean being a Mayor, since Captain Kirk was the Captain of the Outer Space Ship Enterprise. More red face!! You said all you wanted to say is that the light is needed. Well A OK, so when and if the State research findings are that they will not put a red light at the site, it will prove that you were wrong in not knowing what was needed. More red face. I’d be happier if the State does put one, since there would then be a case to get one at the more dangerous Cushing and Sixth Street intersection, where almost all buses pass there twice a day. Sir, one more of your errors is that since people would see my name, make fun of me and I don't have the guts to do it, I don’t write in newspapers. More red face. I don't know how old you are, but me being 41 my next birthday sure doesn't jive with you foolish post. More red face! Another one of your errors is that I do not stay at the computer all day, but from your posts you’re doing a pretty good job doing so. More red face! Please not that red face is an expression like egg in the face and I don't know if your face is actually on the reddish side, Sir!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kaplan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tiffany Adams 2 hr Stacey 3
Steven Adams / Tiffany Adams 8 hr Anonymous 2
Nosey (Jun '16) 15 hr Krista 8
Shane Frederick's womanizer 15 hr Blake 2
Blob 1988 (Feb '09) Dec 8 TheBlobFan 23
Taxicabs in Abbeville Dec 6 Drivingroundtown 3
Jacqueline Daniels Richard Oct '16 old friend 1

Kaplan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kaplan Mortgages