Letter

Alex Dahlman described as "ridiculous" a story of the forced resignation of the former Wasilla mayor's museum director . Full Story
First Prev
of 23
Next Last
thom1s

Honolulu, HI

#453 Oct 27, 2008
// c //

You see, I know because I've had them work for me before. Hundreds of them over these 25 years. People who simply will not show up to work on time. People who just will not work 5 days in a week, much less, 6 days. People always looking for a way to put less effort out. People who actually tell me that they would do more if I just would first pay them more. People who take off work to sit in government offices to apply to get free government handouts (gee, I wonder how things would have turned out for them if they had spent that time earning money and pleasing their employer?). You see, all of this comes from your entitlement mentality culture.

Oh, I know you will say I am uncompassionate. Sorry, Mr. Obama, wrong again. You see, I've seen what the average percentage of your income has been given to charities over the years of 2000 to 2004 (ignoring the years you started running for office - can you pronounce "politically motivated"), you averaged less than 1% annually. And your running mate, Joe Biden, averaged less than π% of his annual income in charitable contributions over the last 10 years. Like so many liberals, the two of you want to give to the needy, just as long as it is someone else's money you are giving to them. I won't say what I have given to charities over the last 25 years, but the percentage is several times more than you and Joe Biden. combined (don't you just hate google?). Tell me again how you feel my pain.

In short, Mr. Obama, your political philosophies represent everything that is wrong with our country. You represent the culture of government dependence instead of self reliance; Entitlement mentality instead of personal achievement; Penalization of the successful to reward the unmotivated; Political correctness instead of open mindedness and open debate. If you are successful, you may preside over the final transformation of America from being the greatest and most self-reliant culture on earth, to just another country of whiners and wimps, who sit around looking to the government to solve their problems. Like all of western Europe. All countries on the decline. All countries that, because of liberal socialistic mentalities, have a little less to offer mankind every year.

God help us...

Cory Miller

just an ordinary, extraordinary American, the way a lot of Americans used to be.
UNQUOTE
thom1s

Honolulu, HI

#454 Oct 27, 2008
Now Skippy, believe me when I tell you I have absolutely ZERO expectation you will even read the foregoing, much less make ANY attempt to comprehend it. Indeed you will further validate my thesis about the sorry, no load Cry Baby Boomer world class hypocrites (not to mention parasites) by AVOIDING the central point of this offering.

For you to actually face facts as they are Skippy, as for example described by Cory Miller, it would be at least as agonizing as the terrible punishment Oedipus inflicted upon himself in that moment of excruciating pain when he found out true the identity of his father's wife.

But then, Skippy, that is the price of deliberately blind folding yourself throughout what may be laughingly referred to you as your "life" in order to live your little delusional fantasy that you are the center of the universe and that the world therefore OWES you a living. Determined to FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL sorry for yourself in the greatest country on earth, and to quote a famous line from Rob Reiner's venomously antimilitary film (A few good men) YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

So do carry on, Skippy. The most you will ever amount to is a pitiful ward of the state, parasitically sucking sustenance from those who DO create the wealth of this country.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#455 Oct 27, 2008
thom1s wrote:
<quoted text>
Au contraire, Skippy.
Here for example (in multiple parts) is a clue you might wish to use to identify CONSTITUTENTS of wealth that many in this great country of ours assemble to CREATE wealth ..... that is if you aren't too chicken:
QUOTE
October 25, 2008
Mr. Obama,
Given the uproar about the simple question asked you by Joe the plumber, and the persecution that has been heaped on him because he dared to question you, I find myself motivated to say a few things to you myself. While Joe aspires to start a business someday, I already have started not one, but 4 businesses. But first, let me introduce myself. You can call me "Cory the well driller". I am a 54 year old high school graduate. I didn't go to college like you, I was too ready to go "conquer the world" when I finished high school. 25 years ago at age 29, I started my own water well drilling business at a time when the economy here in East Texas was in a tailspin from the crash of the early 80's oil boom. I didn't get any help from the government, nor did I look for any. I borrowed what I could from my sister, my uncle, and even the pawn shop and managed to scrape together a homemade drill rig and a few tools to do my first job....
Gilligan, little buddy!

Quoting another blog site with unsubstantiated statements and taking them as facts! That's so funny little buddy!

And you know, it required no original thought from you. Just copy and paste. Copy and paste. I guess that's your station in life, as you put it. Just following someone else... like sheeple as you put it.

And you want others to work for themselves. Shame on you <pinching both cheeks.>
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#456 Oct 27, 2008
thom1s wrote:
Now Skippy, believe me when I tell you I have absolutely ZERO expectation you will even read the foregoing, much less make ANY attempt to comprehend it. Indeed you will further validate my thesis about the sorry, no load Cry Baby Boomer world class hypocrites (not to mention parasites) by AVOIDING the central point of this offering.
For you to actually face facts as they are Skippy, as for example described by Cory Miller, it would be at least as agonizing as the terrible punishment Oedipus inflicted upon himself in that moment of excruciating pain when he found out true the identity of his father's wife.
But then, Skippy, that is the price of deliberately blind folding yourself throughout what may be laughingly referred to you as your "life" in order to live your little delusional fantasy that you are the center of the universe and that the world therefore OWES you a living. Determined to FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL sorry for yourself in the greatest country on earth, and to quote a famous line from Rob Reiner's venomously antimilitary film (A few good men) YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
So do carry on, Skippy. The most you will ever amount to is a pitiful ward of the state, parasitically sucking sustenance from those who DO create the wealth of this country.
So tell me, little buddy. Who is this man? What are the names of his companies?

If you canít answer, then thatís what I would call blindness! You canít see with your eyes wide one. But Iím sure it makes you ďfeeeeeeelĒ good that someone else is doing the work for you, and all you have to do is copy and paste.

Itís a nice political story. But it hasnít turned into fact yet.
thom1s

Honolulu, HI

#457 Oct 27, 2008
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell me who is this man? What are the names of his companies?Itís a nice political story. But ....
Exactly as I anticipated, Skippy: you turned cur and muttering, slunk away, tail between legs.

Should anyone ever ask me to provide an egregious example of yellow belly, crawling in the dust cowardice, Skippy, your perfectly illustrative response will be retrieved from the archive.

My cup runneth over.
thom1s

Dahlonega, GA

#458 Oct 27, 2008
And, compassionate person that I am, I should have added that the reference to Oedipus was probably particularly painful for one who has failed to launch and continues to depend on his mommy for food and shelter, eh Skippy?

Until the Cry Baby Boom cohort came along, it was UNHEARD of that a person in his 30's, 40's, or 50's would even DREAM of continuing to sponge off his parents, living with them in their house because the prospect of the <gasp!> REAL world was just to much to even think about, much less live in.

Then the pampered, precious, pretentious and oh so cutsey Cry Baby Boomers arrived with their sense of endless entitlement and a grounded conviction that Freedom is free.

Skippy, as a hobby, you risk becoming tedious.

Even your extra exertions to make a fool of yourself in a public forum at my command are growing a bit stale.

Your utility may be near an end, Skippy.

Since: Sep 08

Honolulu

#459 Oct 27, 2008
Thom1s types with his bippy.

Since: Sep 08

Honolulu

#460 Oct 27, 2008
Yeah, have you noticed that Gilligan writes like Lucius Malfoy talks?

I had wondered what his role model was....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#461 Oct 27, 2008
thom1s wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly as I anticipated, Skippy: you turned cur and muttering, slunk away, tail between legs.
Should anyone ever ask me to provide an egregious example of yellow belly, crawling in the dust cowardice, Skippy, your perfectly illustrative response will be retrieved from the archive.
My cup runneth over.
Gilligan, little buddyÖ

Putting up a quote without giving credit to the author or supporting statements made is simply not good authoring. I guess you feel the need to ďthrow it against the wall to see what sticks.Ē A very lazy and easy way to get out of something.

But if you want to show me how itís done. How the navy does it. How to be a man. How to act like an adult, then answer the questions. Or is it that you donít know how? Perhaps thatís the yellow belly cowardice you were referring to? I guess you have a lot of experience slinking away, eh?

Why is the economy fundamentally strong?

Why is Columbia University an elitist school but the United States Naval Academy is not?

Why is the United States Naval Academy a builder of "warriors" and not "leaders of men?"

Although the stock market rose 936 points on October 13, where did $4 trillion dollars in equity disappear to? Or did everyone recover from their losses?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#462 Oct 27, 2008
Bullshot Crummond wrote:
Yeah, have you noticed that Gilligan writes like Lucius Malfoy talks?
I had wondered what his role model was....
Never thought of that before.

But now that you mention it.......... hmm......
thom1s

Honolulu, HI

#463 Oct 30, 2008
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Never thought of that before.......
Your first two words tell the tale, Skippy.

Then again, fear DOES tend to drive out thought, eh?

In your case fear of growing up. Unlike Pinnochio you have not yet become a REAL boy, Skippy.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#464 Oct 30, 2008
thom1s wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first two words tell the tale, Skippy.
Then again, fear DOES tend to drive out thought, eh?
In your case fear of growing up. Unlike Pinnochio you have not yet become a REAL boy, Skippy.
Gilligan little buddy!

Thought I lost you there. Are you cheating on me? Going to other sites without coming here first? Guess I'm not as entertaining as a newer model hobby, eh?

Again with the short comments. What's the matter? Have you been sick? Have you you been ill? What am I saying? Of course you have. But that's not the point. Let's try and keep today's lesson current and simple.

So, why is the economy "fundamentally strong" as you put it? We'll graduate you to the next question as you progress, little buddy.

Economy shrinks as consumers cut back on spending
Oct 30 12:02 PM US/Eastern
WASHINGTON (AP)- The government reported Thursday the economy shrank in the summer, the strongest signal yet that a recession may have already begun, a day after the Federal Reserve slashed a key interest rate to battle an economic downturn.

The Commerce Department reported that the gross domestic product, the broadest measure of economic health, fell at an annual rate of 0.3 percent in the July-September period, a significant slowdown after growth of 2.8 percent in the prior quarter.

The spring activity had been boosted by the $168 billion economic stimulus program, but the economy ran into a wall in the summer as the mass mailings of stimulus checks ended and consumer confidence was shaken by the upheavals on global markets. Consumer spending, which accounts for two-thirds of the economy, dropped by the largest amount in 28 years in the third quarter...
HayninAk

Anchorage, AK

#465 Oct 30, 2008
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Gilligan little buddy!
Thought I lost you there. Are you cheating on me? Going to other sites without coming here first? Guess I'm not as entertaining as a newer model hobby, eh?
Again with the short comments. What's the matter? Have you been sick? Have you you been ill? What am I saying? Of course you have. But that's not the point. Let's try and keep today's lesson current and simple.
So, why is the economy "fundamentally strong" as you put it? We'll graduate you to the next question as you progress, little buddy.
Economy shrinks as consumers cut back on spending
Oct 30 12:02 PM US/Eastern
WASHINGTON (AP)- The government reported Thursday the economy shrank in the summer, the strongest signal yet that a recession may have already begun, a day after the Federal Reserve slashed a key interest rate to battle an economic downturn.
The Commerce Department reported that the gross domestic product, the broadest measure of economic health, fell at an annual rate of 0.3 percent in the July-September period, a significant slowdown after growth of 2.8 percent in the prior quarter.
The spring activity had been boosted by the $168 billion economic stimulus program, but the economy ran into a wall in the summer as the mass mailings of stimulus checks ended and consumer confidence was shaken by the upheavals on global markets. Consumer spending, which accounts for two-thirds of the economy, dropped by the largest amount in 28 years in the third quarter...
Watching the 3(Yeah, Thom1 and BSC) of you here reminds me of midget wrestling. It is funny to watch you continuously bounce off one another. Nobody gets hurt, nobody ever wins and you all seem to never tire
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#466 Oct 30, 2008
HayninAk wrote:
<quoted text>
Watching the 3(Yeah, Thom1 and BSC) of you here reminds me of midget wrestling. It is funny to watch you continuously bounce off one another. Nobody gets hurt, nobody ever wins and you all seem to never tire
I never looked at it that way. I just thought of it as a pissing match. But you're right. It is funny. I think there are a lot of people out there having a laugh on us.
HayninAk

Anchorage, AK

#467 Oct 30, 2008
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
I never looked at it that way. I just thought of it as a **** match. But you're right. It is funny. I think there are a lot of people out there having a laugh on us.
2 points to the Yeah corner for being a good sport
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#468 Oct 30, 2008
HayninAk wrote:
<quoted text>
2 points to the Yeah corner for being a good sport
Oooooh! I didn't know we had a scoring system going!

Since: Sep 08

Honolulu

#469 Oct 30, 2008
HayninAk wrote:
<quoted text>
Watching the 3(Yeah, Thom1 and BSC) of you here reminds me of midget wrestling. It is funny to watch you continuously bounce off one another. Nobody gets hurt, nobody ever wins and you all seem to never tire
Well, I've had to bow out. This midget is pooped! I won't be posting regularly for a while.

BTW, I remember going to see midget wrestling as a kid -- my dad loved that stuff, along with roller derby and (can't believe Mom actually let him take us boys along) girls mud wrestling.

Don't get much entertainment like that anymore.
HayninAk

Anchorage, AK

#470 Oct 31, 2008
Bullshot Crummond wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I've had to bow out. This midget is pooped! I won't be posting regularly for a while.
BTW, I remember going to see midget wrestling as a kid -- my dad loved that stuff, along with roller derby and (can't believe Mom actually let him take us boys along) girls mud wrestling.
Don't get much entertainment like that anymore.
You have to be here the day after the election results are in, regardless of which way it goes.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#471 Oct 31, 2008
HayninAk wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to be here the day after the election results are in, regardless of which way it goes.
I know what you mean. That will be interesting.

Since: Sep 08

Honolulu

#472 Oct 31, 2008
HayninAk wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to be here the day after the election results are in, regardless of which way it goes.
I'll try. I'm swamped with work and the vog gave me an endless migraine.

I doubt I'll ever get into Annapolis now.

:-D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kapaau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
About Town | 8-29-14 Aug '14 Dody Clifford 1
Fun in Waimea Jul '14 James 2
pau pizza Jun '14 in love 1
Big Island kava bars (Dec '09) May '14 HEP C RISK 4
Review: DR. Stover's Cosmetic Centers Of Hawaii (Apr '14) Apr '14 Potentail Patient 1
About Town | 4-2-14 (Apr '14) Apr '14 Juli 1
Boyfriend is indicted in murder and arson (Jan '07) Apr '14 Big man 27
Kapaau Dating
Find my Match

Kapaau Jobs

Kapaau People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Kapaau News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kapaau

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]