Letters

Something funny must be in the water What are they putting in the drinking water in Maui? It obviously isn't fluoride. Full Story
uncle butch

Pearl City, HI

#1 Mar 3, 2008
why in the hell make laws when they are not inforced. Loud mufflers, radios, illegal tint, and the list goes on.....
Steelonsteel

United States

#2 Mar 3, 2008
Steel on steel. Reminds me of the noise in Chicago as the trains went by. Can you imagine the noise echoing off the high rises in the downtown area? Downtown residents and workers are already subject to the din of sirens 24/7, and motorcycles, and garbage trucks, etc. Just more misery to those downtown folks. And the train stations? Building communities around them? Who wants to live near that noise? Maybe they will put "homeless shelters" near them. That will just drive them back to the beaches and parks. Did they check out the slim trim monorail in Seattle? Sure it only goes a couple of miles but certainly could go 20 miles and more. And it is QUIET!

Those mainland guys don't have a clue how Hawaii is. And neither does Mufi!
what

Waimanalo, HI

#3 Mar 3, 2008
"For all you readers complaining about how loud and intrusive the choice of steel wheels on steel rail is for the Honolulu's fixed guideway system, here's a news flash for you. The city doesn't care!"

You're right the city don't care period. Ever try to cross the street at any legal crosswalk. Have the time the buttons don't work so you have to J-Walk. I think it's the city's answer to our housing problem. Knock off the old people to free up more housing.
Pro Rail

Kailua, HI

#4 Mar 3, 2008
I'm for rail. Lived on the mainland and used it everyday to get to work. On the weekends, I use it to go visit friends, shopping, sightsseing. It's beeteer than driving. No need to waste gas looking for parking spaces, paying for parking spaces, etc. It's very convenient. Some of you locals have never left the sland to know what the mainland is like. Want to keep sitting in H-1 traffice during the rush hour? It's rush hour even on the weekends here. So much traffic on H-1. All you need is an accident and it'll be backed up for miles on end. And you can watch the traffic while you're traveling on rail. And Smile abd think, gee I'm glad I'm not sitting in that mess!
Plato

Honolulu, HI

#6 Mar 3, 2008
Read the Toothpaste label !

FLOURIDE is a POISON !

DON'T DRINK IT !
Keonaona

Mililani, HI

#7 Mar 3, 2008
Lester Iwamasa, what a nice letter!
Tradesman

Lahaina, HI

#8 Mar 4, 2008
Steel rails? It doesn't matter. The vote is just another devious political stall. Hey, what do politicians know about technology, physics, mechanics, etc. All they know is how the money flows. Mass transit is not a priority for politicians because they just don't know how to fund it. We would've had mass transit eons ago if we needed it. get commited gents. forget the republicant's vs. the democrap war. Don't get distracted. If not, vote for "None of the above". Vote to bring it back if that selection is not there. Iy's just been too long.
News Release

United States

#9 Mar 4, 2008
Press Release:
updated 9:30 a.m. PT, Mon., March. 03, 2008
WASHINGTON - Pope Benedict XVI will visit the White House on April 16 during his first visit to the United States as pontiff.
White House spokesman Scott Stonzel said Senator Barack Obama, D-Ill and the pope would continue discussions they began during Obama's trip to the Vatican in June 2006 on the importance of faith and reason in reaching shared goals.
Stonzel said the goals include advancing peace throughout the Middle East and other troubled regions, promoting interfaith understanding and strengthening human rights and freedom. The pope was also expected to address the United Nations, visit Victory Monument one of 9 Chicago Landmarks and celebrate Mass in Chicago Ill. and Washington during his April 21-25 trip.
Brian Sato

Kaneohe, HI

#10 Apr 9, 2008
Why are mopeds without exhaust or modified exhaust tolerated on Oahu ? This is the most ignorant practice I have ever seen . It truly ruins Oahu's atmosphere. My neighbor of 6 years just moved to the Mainland saying the noise also was a factor in their decision to relocate. If the police don't get serious about this us citizens may have to take action. Action means calling 911. Do we really need to clog up 911 for this ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kapaau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
About Town | 8-29-14 Aug '14 Dody Clifford 1
Fun in Waimea Jul '14 James 2
pau pizza Jun '14 in love 1
Big Island kava bars (Dec '09) May '14 HEP C RISK 4
Review: DR. Stover's Cosmetic Centers Of Hawaii (Apr '14) Apr '14 Potentail Patient 1
About Town | 4-2-14 (Apr '14) Apr '14 Juli 1
Boyfriend is indicted in murder and arson (Jan '07) Apr '14 Big man 27
Kapaau Dating
Find my Match

Kapaau People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Kapaau News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kapaau

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:46 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:46PM
Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers: Video Highlights, Recap from Week 13
Bleacher Report 9:52 PM
Hard-Hitting, Trash-Talking Seahawks Are Back
ESPN10:00 PM
Game Balls: Seahawks at 49ers
Bleacher Report10:32 PM
Offseason Exit Looming for Harbaugh, Roman?
Bleacher Report10:52 PM
Kap Continues to Sink 49ers Offense with Brutal Game