Letters to the editor - Letters

Letters to the editor - Letters

There are 55 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from May 16, 2009, titled Letters to the editor - Letters. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Reading that sex predator Matthew Cargill got sentenced to a measly one year in jail made me vomit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
dargent77

Boston, MA

#1 May 16, 2009
Stuart: For the 100th time, us "Boomer" generation isn't required to apologize for being 20 years your junior. You keep yammering about "draft dodgers". How pathetic for a 70 year old to be so cynical. Go wear your Vietnam medals in the shower if it pleases you. I was in High school.
And Mr. Watada showed moral courage by using an open mind. If the war in Iraq was launched by "faulty intel" and GW Bush is on record stating such, then why be a sheep and just follow the herd? After all that has be revealed about Bush & Co. and Iraq can hardly be categorized as "unsubstantiated allegations". Bush, Cheney, Rice LIED. Truth hurts?
willie

Traverse City, MI

#2 May 16, 2009
dargent77 wrote:
Stuart: For the 100th time, us "Boomer" generation isn't required to apologize for being 20 years your junior. You keep yammering about "draft dodgers". How pathetic for a 70 year old to be so cynical. Go wear your Vietnam medals in the shower if it pleases you. I was in High school.
And Mr. Watada showed moral courage by using an open mind. If the war in Iraq was launched by "faulty intel" and GW Bush is on record stating such, then why be a sheep and just follow the herd? After all that has be revealed about Bush & Co. and Iraq can hardly be categorized as "unsubstantiated allegations". Bush, Cheney, Rice LIED. Truth hurts?
Hey I know, let's always ask our soldiers if they want to go where their orders tell them to go....since you are content to wear the blanket of security afforded by our men and women in uniforn and have NEVER done so yourself I would say, other than your first ammendment right, your opinion counts for NOTHING.

Have a wonderful day ranting about Bush..........
dargent77

Nashville, TN

#3 May 16, 2009
Willie: Mad 'cause I beat you to the punch? Obviously, according to you military men, I should of dropped out of H.S. and lied about my age to go to Vietnam. And, in today's world, w/o the US gov't lying about everything justifing illegal wars, Watada used common sense. You and Stuart should try it for a change of pace. You want to go blow people up thinking you're a real American, God help you.
willie

Traverse City, MI

#4 May 16, 2009
dargent77 wrote:
Willie: Mad 'cause I beat you to the punch? Obviously, according to you military men, I should of dropped out of H.S. and lied about my age to go to Vietnam. And, in today's world, w/o the US gov't lying about everything justifing illegal wars, Watada used common sense. You and Stuart should try it for a change of pace. You want to go blow people up thinking you're a real American, God help you.
Mad because you posted first? Gee I dodn't know this was a contest. OK, you win.

Since you think Watada was right is there any other laws or contracts anyone should just ignore?

He was/is a soldier, they don't have the same rights you have, they follow LEGAL orders and his orders to report to Iraq were very much legal. By your thinking no one should have gone to any conflict they felt unfair....in other words COMRADE, better red than dead.

Do yourself a favor, go to your nearest VFW and tell THEM what you think of Watada.

One more thing, your beloved Democrats said it was ok to go to Iraq....if they were lied to (which they were not) they should have been snart enough to realize it and said no..but they didn't. You suffering from the same thing Pelosi is? Selective memory?

Since: Sep 08

Honolulu

#5 May 16, 2009
willie wrote:
<quoted text>
Mad because you posted first? Gee I dodn't know this was a contest. OK, you win.
Since you think Watada was right is there any other laws or contracts anyone should just ignore?
He was/is a soldier, they don't have the same rights you have, they follow LEGAL orders and his orders to report to Iraq were very much legal. By your thinking no one should have gone to any conflict they felt unfair....in other words COMRADE, better red than dead.
Do yourself a favor, go to your nearest VFW and tell THEM what you think of Watada.
One more thing, your beloved Democrats said it was ok to go to Iraq....if they were lied to (which they were not) they should have been snart enough to realize it and said no..but they didn't. You suffering from the same thing Pelosi is? Selective memory?
Do you support Stuart's viewpoint that Watada committed treason? Be careful now. I might ask you to prove the point.
Marboro

Las Vegas, NV

#6 May 16, 2009
"faulty intel", or "selective intel"?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#7 May 16, 2009
willie wrote:
<quoted text>
Mad because you posted first? Gee I dodn't know this was a contest. OK, you win.
Since you think Watada was right is there any other laws or contracts anyone should just ignore?
He was/is a soldier, they don't have the same rights you have, they follow LEGAL orders and his orders to report to Iraq were very much legal. By your thinking no one should have gone to any conflict they felt unfair....in other words COMRADE, better red than dead.
Do yourself a favor, go to your nearest VFW and tell THEM what you think of Watada.
One more thing, your beloved Democrats said it was ok to go to Iraq....if they were lied to (which they were not) they should have been snart enough to realize it and said no..but they didn't. You suffering from the same thing Pelosi is? Selective memory?
People break laws and contracts on a daily basis. That's why the courts are so busy. Besides, there was a recent case here where a Navy (are you listening Thom1s?) recruiter lied to 2 teens to get them to sign up so he could make his quota.

And yes, Bush did lie to the people and Congress about Iraq. It's a proven point since it has been shown his reasons for going there were all false.

So yes, you do have selective memory.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#8 May 16, 2009
Marboro wrote:
"faulty intel", or "selective intel"?
"Made up intel."
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#9 May 16, 2009
Michael Rivero:
I've never planned a trip based on the TSA or any other organization. I've always planned my trips based on what I want to do.

A show stopper for me would be an unqualified or drunk pilots, but not a TSA inspection.
dargent77

Nashville, TN

#10 May 16, 2009
Well, it's Armed Forces Day" the The Star enabler has to run a LTE from the resident #1 warmonger, Thomas E. Stuart. Obviously he, and "Slick Willie", have been asleep for the past 7 years while the USA has torn up Iraq, Afghanistan, and onto Pakistan. I guess we just have to kill 'em all that don't follow our great model of civility and government. By the way boys, the USA is bankrupt. Anyway, back to the war machine: Bush & Co. have stated the whole invasion was based on "intel" from the CIA that was WRONG. Gee, oop's..sorry about that. But since we're there anyway, let's build a $800 million Embassy. And refute any connection between Iraq and OIL. This is tedious and inane. Willie and Thom1s; enjoy the carnage. May you sleep well with your paranoia and loaded Glock's under your pillows.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#11 May 16, 2009
Bullshot Crummond wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you support Stuart's viewpoint that Watada committed treason? Be careful now. I might ask you to prove the point.
I wonder what that would make a "state" like Texas that wants to secede from the union?

Since: Sep 08

Honolulu

#12 May 16, 2009
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder what that would make a "state" like Texas that wants to secede from the union?
Are we really certain that Texas ever *was* part of the union?

:-D

Man, I really wish we had Ann Richards and Molly Ivins still with us. Those were some Texas titas.
Marboro

Hodgenville, KY

#13 May 16, 2009
Michael Rivero: What surveys? It is your fantasy! Without TSA, tourism will suffer. It's the economy, stupid!
alice

Kahului, HI

#14 May 16, 2009
invites bull to message her....

Since: Sep 08

Honolulu

#15 May 16, 2009
alice wrote:
invites bull to message her....
What's up?
dewdalohajoey

Colwell, IA

#16 May 16, 2009
Bullshot Crummond wrote:
<quoted text>
What's up?
Oh puleeze, bunch of bull...
dewdalohajoey

United States

#17 May 16, 2009
Wow! I'm in CA!
dewdalohajoey

North Hollywood, CA

#18 May 16, 2009
Wait! I'm now in TN?
dewdalohajoey

United States

#19 May 16, 2009
Holy Smokes! Im back in CA?
dewdalohajoey

United States

#20 May 16, 2009
Now I'm back in TN?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kapaau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Despite recent downpours, rainfall down signifi... (Apr '15) Nov '16 Tua Tua isa foa 12
glen hara considered legally insane as is his s... Sep '16 MELODY PARKER CARS 1
ricky roy damerville being sued by fbi collage ... Sep '16 ricky damerville ... 1
News Top 10 activities on Kauai, Hawaii (Jan '16) Jan '16 Josh 1
scott owner of steamvent inn move back to hamuk... (Dec '15) Dec '15 michael steamvent... 1
News Frozen apple pie is a Big Island favorite (Jan '15) Jan '15 lanigirl 1
Review: Wlsn Pacific LLC (Nov '12) May '13 Kohala Hospital 3

Kapaau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kapaau Mortgages