There are 25 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from May 28, 2008, titled Letters. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Because "there were complaints about drug dealing going on," according to Honolulu police Maj.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Waipahu, HI

#24 May 28, 2008
As stated above, "His constant whining about cry-babies makes for delicious irony." Thank you and the others here for making me laugh because I get really sad reading Mr. Thomas' hateful letters. Poor guy is really suffering inside! But I'm not gonna let it get to me; I'm gonna keep trying to make the world a better place, like most boomers I know ;)
Arvid Tadao Youngquist

Hilo, HI

#25 May 28, 2008
Dear Russell McGuire,

I can see why you'd think the GOP convention was a closed door affair.

Why don't you switch party and join the Democrats?

Arvid Younguqist
P O Box 37542
Honolulu, HI 96837

Honolulu, HI

#26 May 28, 2008
Boomer wrote:
Hey Stuart, we invented MTV, you didn't.
We sent men to the moon, you didn't.
We invented the Jet age, you bancrupted it.
We invented Big Business, you work for it.
Remember innovation in the things you cherish (like your iPods) had to come from somewhere. And yes both Steve Jobs and Bill Gates are boomers too.
Crying? Hardly, we're laughing...all the way to the bank, because for as long as we collect social security and you're still working, you're working to pay for our retirement. And that's a fact kiddo!
Eat that you ungrateful child.
The Cry Baby Boomers were given literally everything on a silver platter and have given back to America NOTHING but counter culture barbarity. Folks like Neil Armstrong and Homer Hickam were most certainly NOT Cry Baby Boomers. Cry Baby Boomers born halfway between third base and home plate have spent their ...."lives" (for want of a better word) bragging about their stand up triple. Literally given the stars, Cry Baby Boomers picked up a mirror and remain terminally enthralled with the view. Preen, prance, and preach to your heart's content; the day of the Cry Baby Boomer is OVER -- the ADULTS have taken charge and elbowed you out of your precious limelight. And thank God for these magnificent young people who have brought back the patriotism, courage, compassion and raw guts that skipped over the Cry Baby Boomers. Cry Baby Boomers DO have a rendezvous with destiny. It's called compost ... and the sooner, the better. Revenge is a dish best eaten cold and I've waited forty years for this day to arrive. It has been well worth the wait!

Honolulu, HI

#27 May 28, 2008
BTW, Boomer (and thanks for reminding me) YOU are paying all three of MY monthly paychecks -- full on social security, military retirement, and public school teacher. Hope you don't come down with a case of buyer's remorse, Sportin' Blood, 'cause believe me you are getting EXACTLY what you deserve.
see everything

Honolulu, HI

#28 May 28, 2008
Bumpercrop wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. The police arrest and the judges let them go, over and over and over. So what is the use of even trying to arrest them. The police in Chinatown are tired of chasing and stomping on roaches just to have the judges give them CPR and letting them free again and again and again. People who live and work in the area are fed up, they call 911 and the police no longer even come. I really don't blame them any more. We need new judges. Maybe getting Sheriff Joe Arapaio (AZ) over here and letting him teach the police/judges how to fix the mess the roaches have made.
And oh yes - ACLU SHUT UP!
When a person stands in front of a judge and the judge sees that all the safeguards of parents,friends,neighbors,yout h groups,caring people,education,teachers,chri stians and all these safeguards that did not care like they should and a person takes the wrong way because he has not been shown another way, is he suppose to join in to make it complete? Please everyone get involved so there is no excuse so the judge can make the right decision,getting involved afterwards is fair to who? Get involved...It took time to go bad it will take time to turn it around so none of us can get tired of it, we must stand, it is our watch, we can make no excuses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kapaau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Despite recent downpours, rainfall down signifi... (Apr '15) Apr '15 District 1 11
Review: Hernandez Connie ND (Apr '15) Apr '15 JAYNE T 1
News Frozen apple pie is a Big Island favorite (Jan '15) Jan '15 lanigirl 1
Review: Wlsn Pacific LLC (Nov '12) May '13 Kohala Hospital 3
News Frozen apple pie is a Big Island favorite (Apr '13) Apr '13 Linda Lee 1
Debate: Casey Anthony - Kapaau, HI (Jul '11) Jul '11 sheila 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Hawaii (Di... (Oct '10) Oct '10 les faceit 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kapaau Mortgages