Letters

There are 25 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from May 28, 2008, titled Letters. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Because "there were complaints about drug dealing going on," according to Honolulu police Maj.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dargent7

AOL

#1 May 28, 2008
This guy, Tom E. Stewart, is a piece of work.
I invite all masochists to call him on Hawaii and offer up your e-mail address.
You will witness a deluge of nonsence, on par with a Charles Manson's lunatic ravings.
If you were unfortunate NOT to be drafted for the Vietnam war, because there was NO DRAFT, he will ridicule you, your family, and your children. It's your fault you're 10 years younger than he and went to college.
Then ask for his "Reality Series", addressing such topics that the Vietnam war was won, and was a good thing for America.
Bush is great, and we're winning in Iraq, also a necessary war. Good luck!
Are you willing

Honolulu, HI

#2 May 28, 2008
To so many people that complain when leaders lead when those in the neighborhood do not love themselves and those around them to call and report drug deallings please get involved. Please call and report and get as much information as you can. It is a on going process, the degree of how far it goes away only comes with neighborhood involvement. It will never stop but the degree that it goes away you will determine that. Alot of districts neighborhoods are pushing past their comfort zone and getting involved. Lets all do it or not the degree is up to you as well.
Aiea

Pearl City, HI

#3 May 28, 2008
Stuart is an idiot. this is the only place he's got guts enough to rant. Idiot.
tokudaMustGo

Ewa Beach, HI

#4 May 28, 2008
mr thomas e stuart, seem's the vog has not yet left your brain...i have rarely read a letter that is so condescending, generalized, and fact-free.
Bullshot Crummond

Honolulu, HI

#5 May 28, 2008
I enjoy reading Stuart's letters. His constant whining about cry-babies makes for delicious irony.

The man certainly employs a limited array of adjectives.
Wai

Kamuela, HI

#6 May 28, 2008
Chinatown residents demand removal of the trellises so police can better monitor the area, the city complies, and clueless people from outside Chinatown grumble and whine. Amazing.
DevilDog

Makawao, HI

#7 May 28, 2008
I agree with Bullshot, Stuart puts me in mind of Spiro Agnew, our rightwing VP who excelled at name calling. Who can forget his outrage at war protestors, calling them "nattering nabobs of negativism." Stuart's not that eloquent, but he's trying.
VFW

United States

#8 May 28, 2008
dargent7 wrote:
You will witness a deluge of nonsence, on par with a Charles Manson's lunatic ravings.
If you were unfortunate NOT to be drafted for the Vietnam war, because there was NO DRAFT, he will ridicule you, your family, and your children. It's your fault you're 10 years younger than he and went to college.
Then ask for his "Reality Series", addressing such topics that the Vietnam war was won, and was a good thing for America.
I'd say you're at least on par, but maybe at the opposite extreme.
Kailuaresident

Kaneohe, HI

#9 May 28, 2008
Sturat belongs to the ignorant generation I guess. It will be funn to see how he reacts as tghe lies that propped up Bush for eight years slowly are revealed. Former press secretary Scott McCllenns book (relesaed tomorrow) is just the start.
I shudder to think what our country would look like is Staurt was in charge. It would not be a place with civil rights and such, but some sort of Christian theoacracy, perhaps run by a general-president.
djs

Honolulu, HI

#10 May 28, 2008
Ah yes...the Republican Party....it's business as usual ... Do as I say and not as I do.
Bumpercrop

Honolulu, HI

#11 May 28, 2008
Wai wrote:
Chinatown residents demand removal of the trellises so police can better monitor the area, the city complies, and clueless people from outside Chinatown grumble and whine. Amazing.
Agree. The police arrest and the judges let them go, over and over and over. So what is the use of even trying to arrest them. The police in Chinatown are tired of chasing and stomping on roaches just to have the judges give them CPR and letting them free again and again and again. People who live and work in the area are fed up, they call 911 and the police no longer even come. I really don't blame them any more. We need new judges. Maybe getting Sheriff Joe Arapaio (AZ) over here and letting him teach the police/judges how to fix the mess the roaches have made.
And oh yes - ACLU SHUT UP!
Thom1s

Honolulu, HI

#12 May 28, 2008
dargent7 wrote:
This fellow is more fun than (but not quite as useful as) a lawn jockey. He claims to have attended an Ivy League school, but check out his ability to COPY and SPELL a six letter name. Perhaps it has become the Poison Ivy League if they graduate folks like this. He sends me endless streams of email ... claiming he does not want to communicate with me. Of a more general nature, I confess to shameless pleasure indulging in payback: watching the flag burning, draft dodging, ever-pretentious, monumentally ungrateful Cry Baby Boom gasbag hypocrites writhing in agony as they realize they are boxed in between TWO "greatest" generations, but then I have abysmally low standards when it comes to such entertainment. The day of the pampered, preachy, pusillanimous, post WWII Cry Baby Boomer is O*V*E*R and the ticket for these no load, Blame America First losers and tantrum throwers to ride for free at the expense of others has been CANCELLED. Like drinking Old Milwaukee, it just don't get better than this. Revenge is indeed is a dish best eaten cold .... well worth the forty year wait to watch the cry babies displaced by ADULTS, i.e, younger cohorts of genuine patriots. The mawkish mewing, squealing, and piteous sqeaking of Cry Baby Boomers mousetrapped by their own folly is a lullaby of sweet surrender. My cup runneth over. Oh, Joy!
dargent7

Nashville, TN

#13 May 28, 2008
Get a load of Stuart's retort...if you didn't napalm villages in Vietnam and collaborate in the distruction of an entire country, you weren't patriotic. Back in 1970.
If you went to college, you're a "draft dodger". Oh, and his famous moniker, "Cry Baby Boomer" gen. is pathetic, but so is he.
He's got family voulunteering for Iraq! "Making the country safer". Totally feeds on, and eats, the Republican company line.
These war baffoons think diplomacy is for the faint of heart.
They can't wait for McCain to grab hold of the "football" and bomb Iran/Syria and anyone else who stands up to the USA.....
....and I'd say UCLA was Ivy League!
Paoa

Honolulu, HI

#15 May 28, 2008
The complaints that Major Saito referred to came from the businesses in the area. Not only was the space being taken up by drug dealers, space was also being taken up by residents engaged in illegal gambling. People actually seeking to use the area for relaxation could not because of the illegal (and hard to infiltrate) activities. Owens needs to check on what it really going on. There were many arrests made, over and over, and the activity continued. Don't make it easy for the crooks to operate. I am glad the city took down the trellises and I am sure that those with legitimate purpose in the area are glad as well.
Just For Your Information

United States

#16 May 28, 2008
It is a matter of history that when Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces, General Dwight Eisenhower, found the victims of the death camps he ordered all possible photographs to be taken, and for the German people from surrounding villages to be ushered through the camps and even made to bury the dead.
He did this because he said in words to this effect:
"Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened"
This week, the UK removed The Holocaust from its school curriculum because it "offended" the Muslim population WHICH CLAIMS IT NEVER OCCURRRED.
This is a frightening portent of the fear that is gripping the world and how easily each country is giving into it.
It is now more than 60 years after the Second World War in Europe ended. This is a memorial chain, in memory of the:
6 million Jews,
20 million Russians,
10 million Christians
and
1,900 Catholic priests
who were murdered, raped, burned, starved, beat, experimented on and humiliated'while the German people and the Free World looked the other way....
Now, more than ever, with Iran , among others, claiming the Holocaust to be "a myth," it is imperative to make sure the world never forgets.
How many years will it be before the attack on the World Trade Center , "NEVER HAPPENED" because it offends some Muslim in the U.S.?
Boomer

Kamuela, HI

#17 May 28, 2008
Hey Stuart, we invented MTV, you didn't.

We sent men to the moon, you didn't.

We invented the Jet age, you bancrupted it.

We invented Big Business, you work for it.

Remember innovation in the things you cherish (like your iPods) had to come from somewhere. And yes both Steve Jobs and Bill Gates are boomers too.

Crying? Hardly, we're laughing...all the way to the bank, because for as long as we collect social security and you're still working, you're working to pay for our retirement. And that's a fact kiddo!

Eat that you ungrateful child.
Stumbling Drunk

Hilo, HI

#18 May 28, 2008
Put hard drugs in pharmacies and you'll solve the "drug" problem overnight.

Pharmacies...doctors...drugs.. .hmmm...

Folks won't make and sell stuff that isn't worth anything...

Oh, and put paka in adults only coffee shops...you could fund a large portion of the states needs from the taxes...

Doing so would skyrocket Hawaii tourism.

Tens of millions of Americans love freedom and would fly here in a hot minute to experience some.

Ask the Dutch...
Beater7

Honolulu, HI

#19 May 28, 2008
Tearing down a trelis will NOT solve the problem. Get some cops down there and make a presence..... a show of force that this behavior is unacceptable. Make some arrests and put them in jail.

Our city is unbelievable.
Stumbling Drunk

Hilo, HI

#20 May 28, 2008
One billion dollars a year in taxed, regulated income.

Hmmm...
Stumbling Drunk

Hilo, HI

#21 May 28, 2008
Make Hawaii's farmers wealthy.

Hmm...

I'd like to see that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kapaau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Despite recent downpours, rainfall down signifi... (Apr '15) Nov '16 Tua Tua isa foa 12
glen hara considered legally insane as is his s... (Sep '16) Sep '16 MELODY PARKER CARS 1
ricky roy damerville being sued by fbi collage ... (Sep '16) Sep '16 ricky damerville ... 1
News Frozen apple pie is a Big Island favorite (Jan '15) Jan '15 lanigirl 1
Review: Wlsn Pacific LLC (Nov '12) May '13 Kohala Hospital 3
News Frozen apple pie is a Big Island favorite (Apr '13) Apr '13 Linda Lee 1
Debate: Casey Anthony - Kapaau, HI (Jul '11) Jul '11 sheila 1

Kapaau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kapaau Mortgages