Letters to the editor - Letters

Letters to the editor - Letters

There are 77 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Dec 22, 2009, titled Letters to the editor - Letters. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

What's all this brouhaha about planning days? There are too many already. Our public school teachers get 11 days, including waiver days and professional development days.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
kimo53

Kailua, HI

#1 Dec 22, 2009
I have a hard time believing the level of ignorance like in the James Rosen letter. The man has only been in office for 10 months and with the level of disfunction the Bush administration created your expectation is unreasonable at best. Typical republican response. You might want to go back and study the Reagan years and how difficult it was for President Regan to recover from the Carter mess.
Dave

AOL

#2 Dec 23, 2009
Not to nitpick, but it has been 11 months. I think Mr Rosen is on to something. Everyone was willing to give the President a chance to turn the country around, but instead in just 11 months, we are deeper into debt than ever before, with nothing to show for it.
Much higher unemployment, a greater divide between parties, no transparenancy like we were promised. Republicans locked out of rooms where decisions were made. No Bi-partisianship whatsoever.
No HC bill put on CSpan or internet like promised.
A WH full of Socialistic people that have total disregard to our Constitution. If fact, they have admitted, they want to rewrite it.
They are not listening to the people, the very people that elected them. By a huge majority, almost 20%, the people do not want this HC bill to go through.
Using every kind of corruption possible to get the Senators to go with them on the vote to pass it.
Bribery, attacking wives and families, using our hard earned money to pay states that held out.
How is it fair for a state to never have to pay for it's medicare again and we have to pick up their tab from now on? Why should people that are happy with their HC be forced to go into the gov't system?
How is it fair to penalize people that have opted out for their own reasons?
Why are they not attacking the Unions, the Attorneys and Big Pharma, they are the ones that will gain the most? Amazing how quiet they have been during all of this.
Why are they not doing what is right with ACORN, instead they are given a bye for all their corruption.
Why is he agreeing to a $100 billion extortion for the Copenhagen summit?
Now Freddie and Fannie want us hard working Americans to cough up another $400 billion for each of them in the next two weeks.
Why didn't he invite the Chamber of Commerce and the Black Chamber of Commerce, to the work summit. These are two of the biggest players working with small businesses that do the most hiring.
Why did he go around the world and apologize of this horrible country we live in? I personally took that as a major insult.
We are losing crediability right and left.
Why is he letting a convicted felon, that wrote a book while in prison about this socialistic agenda, lead the way. Why is he giving so much power to all those czars and to the SEIU?

Should I go on?

No, he has had 11 months to do something right, anything right, but no, he has put our troops into danger, he has broken promise after promise.
He has attacked our CIA, FBI, SS and police around the country.

In 11 months, he has chosen to tear us down, rather than to build us up. He is listening to the wrong people. He has had his chance and this isn't coming from just the right, there are many on the left that are leaving in droves.

He has had out of control spending like a drunken pirate. Frankly, I don't think we can survive continuing on down this path and that comes for both sides of the aisles.
willie

Plymouth, MI

#3 Dec 23, 2009
"Spare change, Mr. President?"

I was pretty sure when he was out stumping that the best place to find change was under my sofa cushions and NOT in his empty promises.

Wish I was in Nebraska, at least their senator knows how to cut a deal for his voters, may not be legal but hey the vote goes to the highest bidder.
willie

Plymouth, MI

#4 Dec 23, 2009
Dave wrote:
he has broken promise after promise.
Oh come on, he got the kids the dog he promised them..that should count for something.
Pau

Pasadena, CA

#5 Dec 23, 2009
kimo53 wrote:
I have a hard time believing the level of ignorance like in the James Rosen letter. The man has only been in office for 10 months and with the level of disfunction the Bush administration created your expectation is unreasonable at best. Typical republican response. You might want to go back and study the Reagan years and how difficult it was for President Regan to recover from the Carter mess.
One can also say the Reagan administration created the economic climate we are experiencing today.
Duh

Honolulu, HI

#6 Dec 23, 2009
A special election for $2 million would be a bargain if we could add a recall of the Governor to the ballot!
Kamaaina Expatriate

Austin, TX

#7 Dec 23, 2009
Dave wrote:
Not to nitpick, but it has been 11 months.
Not to nitpick, but if we look back at where this country was 11 months into the Bush/Cheney administration.... let's see... 3,000 people murdered in New York, and plans being made to invade a country that had absolutely nothing to do with those 3,000 murders. I could go on and on and on and on....

Only the Bush/Cheney Administration could come up with the name "Patriot Act" for a program that shredded our Constitution and our Bill of Rights.

And then, as a GOP parting gift, Bush went to the very same podium from which he spoke of our impending doom at the hands of Saddam Hussein and his non-existent WMD to warn of imminent financial ruin of his buddy Paulson didn't get $750 Billion in taxpayer money immediately.

Look, just the simple fact that the Bin Laden & Bush families go way back, and that the ONLY airplanes in U.S. air space in the days immediately after 9/11 were all Saudi Airliners taking the Bin Laden's out of our country should tell any rational thinking person that some sort of massive scam (and mass murder) had been perpetrated upon the American People by either Bush or his good friends the Bin Laden's, or both.
Think about it.....

(this is not a conspiracy theory about the Saudi's, it is a well established fact)

So, not to nitpick, but I'd take Barak Obama over the murdering thugs of the Bush/Cheney regime any day..
willie

Plymouth, MI

#8 Dec 23, 2009
Kamaaina Expatriate wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to nitpick, but if we look back at where this country was 11 months into the Bush/Cheney administration.... let's see... 3,000 people murdered in New York, and plans being made to invade a country that had absolutely nothing to do with those 3,000 murders. I could go on and on and on and on....
Only the Bush/Cheney Administration could come up with the name "Patriot Act" for a program that shredded our Constitution and our Bill of Rights.
And then, as a GOP parting gift, Bush went to the very same podium from which he spoke of our impending doom at the hands of Saddam Hussein and his non-existent WMD to warn of imminent financial ruin of his buddy Paulson didn't get $750 Billion in taxpayer money immediately.
Look, just the simple fact that the Bin Laden & Bush families go way back, and that the ONLY airplanes in U.S. air space in the days immediately after 9/11 were all Saudi Airliners taking the Bin Laden's out of our country should tell any rational thinking person that some sort of massive scam (and mass murder) had been perpetrated upon the American People by either Bush or his good friends the Bin Laden's, or both.
Think about it.....
(this is not a conspiracy theory about the Saudi's, it is a well established fact)
So, not to nitpick, but I'd take Barak Obama over the murdering thugs of the Bush/Cheney regime any day..
Just in case you do not read beyond left wing blogs the name Bin Laden is as common in Saudi Arabia as Smith is in the USA....you talk like Bush had OBL's mom and dad for tea...get a new tin foil hat, yours sprung a leak.
Hawaii 50

Nashville, TN

#9 Dec 23, 2009
Hey, "Kimo" Rosen...where were you 7 years ago when your "Savior", GW Bush, declared war on the wrong country?
The USA blew 2 billion a week on this Iraq b.s. "Free the Iraqi people" nonsense.
So, they can vote. Who cares? Their system of democracy is on par with ours.
Now, it's crunch time. Woe is to you and other Republicans who supported GW Bush & Co.
Hawaii 50

Nashville, TN

#10 Dec 23, 2009
willie wrote:
<quoted text>
Just in case you do not read beyond left wing blogs the name Bin Laden is as common in Saudi Arabia as Smith is in the USA....you talk like Bush had OBL's mom and dad for tea...get a new tin foil hat, yours sprung a leak.
Excuse me, oh innaccurate one. THAT particulate "bin Laden" wasn't just any "Smith". Nice try. He was like a Rockefeller in Saudi Arabia. And Bush held the King's hands while touring Crawford, AFTER kissing the King's cheeks...both..fore and aft.
You Repubs got blood on your hands and just want to transfer it to a stooge.
Pau

Pasadena, CA

#11 Dec 23, 2009
Kamaaina Expatriate wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to nitpick, but if we look back at where this country was 11 months into the Bush/Cheney administration.... let's see... 3,000 people murdered in New York, and plans being made to invade a country that had absolutely nothing to do with those 3,000 murders. I could go on and on and on and on...
Well, those "plans" were set in motion a month into office. 8 months prior to that unfortunate event.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/01/09/60m...
pops

Pearl City, HI

#12 Dec 23, 2009
castle sucks
Stumpy

Honolulu, HI

#13 Dec 23, 2009
Well, Obama is in office for the last year and he promised our troops would be home by Christmas. In his defense, he never said what year.
Just a Thought

Kaneohe, HI

#14 Dec 23, 2009
while the Secret Service is picking up the crazy lady in Kailua who threatened the first lady; have them talk with Dave from AOL.
His diatribe sounds like a rationalization for his possible future bad behavior.
Fanatics of any type are a threat to our Republic.
Climate Headlines

Honolulu, HI

#15 Dec 23, 2009
Climate change alliance crumbling...

Carbon prices plunge in wake of 'disappointing' Copenhagen summit...

Minnesota braces for 'snowiest Christmas in 30 years'...

Winter freeze kills 79 in Poland...

Plummeting temps, snowfall causing chaos from Moscow to Milan...

Carbon Claim: Pets worse than SUVS...
Shifting Sands

Honolulu, HI

#16 Dec 23, 2009
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that 25% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty-six percent (46%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -21 ThatÂ’s the lowest Approval Index rating yet recorded for this President



Rep. Parker Griffith, a freshman Democrat from Alabama, announced Tuesday that he's switching parties to become a Republican.

"I have become increasingly concerned that the bills and policies pushed by the current Democratic leadership are not good for north Alabama or our nation," Griffith said during a press conference Tuesday.

"I am announcing today that I'm joining the Republican conference immediately," he said. "Our nation is at a crossroads and I can no longer align myself with a party that continues to pursue legislation that is bad for our country, hurts our economy, and drives us further and further into debt."
Vote the Bums out

Honolulu, HI

#17 Dec 23, 2009
Hawaii 50 wrote:
Hey, "Kimo" Rosen...where were you 7 years ago when your "Savior", GW Bush, declared war on the wrong country?
The USA blew 2 billion a week on this Iraq b.s. "Free the Iraqi people" nonsense.
So, they can vote. Who cares? Their system of democracy is on par with ours.
Now, it's crunch time. Woe is to you and other Republicans who supported GW Bush & Co.
Crunch time for the Dems is the Nov 2010 Elections ;) Political Carnage ;)
Klan Watch

United States

#18 Dec 23, 2009
David Bohn has no idea what he is talking about. The word "tribe" is not used to describe the Hawaiian people anywhere in the text of the Akaka Bill. Furthermore, I see no "fighting" going on between the Hawaiian people. There are clearly differences of opinions, but the same goes with all people and governments, including the U.S.
Failure

Honolulu, HI

#19 Dec 23, 2009
Just a Thought wrote:
while the Secret Service is picking up the crazy lady in Kailua who threatened the first lady; have them talk with Dave from AOL.
His diatribe sounds like a rationalization for his possible future bad behavior.
Fanatics of any type are a threat to our Republic.
"There's going to be an expectations gap, no question about that," said Drew Altman, president of the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation. "People are going to see their premiums and out-of-pocket costs go up before the tangible benefits kick in."

"Most of the 30 million uninsured helped by the bill won't get coverage until 2013 at the earliest, well after the next presidential election."

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#20 Dec 23, 2009
Kamaaina Expatriate wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to nitpick, but if we look back at where this country was 11 months into the Bush/Cheney administration.... let's see... 3,000 people murdered in New York, and plans being made to invade a country that had absolutely nothing to do with those 3,000 murders. I could go on and on and on and on....
Only the Bush/Cheney Administration could come up with the name "Patriot Act" for a program that shredded our Constitution and our Bill of Rights.
And then, as a GOP parting gift, Bush went to the very same podium from which he spoke of our impending doom at the hands of Saddam Hussein and his non-existent WMD to warn of imminent financial ruin of his buddy Paulson didn't get $750 Billion in taxpayer money immediately.
Look, just the simple fact that the Bin Laden & Bush families go way back, and that the ONLY airplanes in U.S. air space in the days immediately after 9/11 were all Saudi Airliners taking the Bin Laden's out of our country should tell any rational thinking person that some sort of massive scam (and mass murder) had been perpetrated upon the American People by either Bush or his good friends the Bin Laden's, or both.
Think about it.....
(this is not a conspiracy theory about the Saudi's, it is a well established fact)
So, not to nitpick, but I'd take Barak Obama over the murdering thugs of the Bush/Cheney regime any day..
I really hate to call anyone stupid so I'll just believe you are a product of your enviroment......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kapaa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News June 27 lava flow comes to an end Jun '16 Boi Rollins 1
CJ's Restaurant Jun '16 fhughes 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Kapaa, HI (Jul '10) Feb '16 diacesus 8
News Top 10 activities on Kauai, Hawaii (Jan '16) Jan '16 Josh 1
News Former church secretary jailed for theft - Hawa... (Dec '08) Jan '16 Victim 12
News Rare skull disease afflicts child (May '08) Nov '15 District 1 27
Kapaa Music Thread (Apr '12) Nov '15 Musikologist 17

Kapaa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kapaa Mortgages