Letter

There are 77 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Sep 6, 2008, titled Letter. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Everywhere we go people people tell us they want the immediate return of the Superferry, no ifs, ands or buts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
dargent77

AOL

#1 Sep 6, 2008
Palin is a Ultra Right Wing nutcase like all Republicans. Total hypocrites.
Did you see "The Gentlemen's Quarterly" division of liars in the RNC forum?
Thompson, Giuliani, Gingrich, McCain himself, ALL "traded up" on their wives for a more trophy model sex slave.
Palin, like Bush, characterize the war in Iraq as "God's work", and, as such, should be in straight jackets.
CMK

Kailua, HI

#2 Sep 6, 2008
You know, Kimo, when I saw the kind of rabid demonstration against the super ferry by Kaua`i folks, I thought, eh, no need go Kaua`i, Maui-O`ahu and then Hawai`i later on is good. I was kind of put off by Maui's charges of stealing rocks and resources and invasive species and the inspections is ridiculous (those folks made it some kind of big brother/police state experience), but it's a pleasant 3 hour ride and if you plan it right you can get your business done, have lunch or dinner on a neighbor island, see old friends and family and get back with some small change in your pocket. I hope you get what you want but your neighbors, whew, they something else.

Since: May 08

Kapaa, Kauai

#3 Sep 6, 2008
Kimo, you da man!
Obama Ohana

Hilo, HI

#4 Sep 6, 2008
Obama for Prez and Kimo, hope you do get the Superferry to return to Kauai. It's a great way of interisland travel.
KrisC

AOL

#5 Sep 6, 2008
There's more to Sarah Palin than the obvious, attending six colleges, two of them in Hawai'i, surf & sun & all that aloha, but Hawai'i is also heavily military, so is it possible there was something more for her here? Or is she just a quick study TV news reporter gone to the top at which time the military establishment Repubs trot her out as VP candidate with governing experience. For eons politicians have been set up in public offices in remote states like Wyoming, etc. to establish their credibility to hold office. She's a mom too, wow, we're hitting on all the right bases. What it's boiling down to is Dems for peace/domestic rescue vs. military might allied with big oil. Sarah Palin's hair trigger personality being second in command is way too close for me.
Pops

Honolulu, HI

#8 Sep 6, 2008
SuperyFerry YES, Obama Hell No
Obama Ohana wrote:
Obama for Prez and Kimo, hope you do get the Superferry to return to Kauai. It's a great way of interisland travel.
informed

Pomerene, AZ

#9 Sep 6, 2008
Scott, take off the blinders and try and be objective. Reporters went to AK to "invetigate" rumors heard on the "internet chatter" (quotes are from an actual CNN corespondent) from where? DailyKos. Go figure. Not right wing and I am sure not from Obama himself, but the media really, really want him to win so.....
Keith Haugen

AOL

#10 Sep 6, 2008
With each passing day, we learn more about Sarah Louise (Heath) Palin, and more and more people realize that she SHOULD NOT BE in line for the Presidency of the United States.

She said she sold the Gov's private jet on EBay and made a profit. McCain dutifully repeated that claim the next day. Now we learn that it did not sell on Ebay and was sold by a broker at a loss.

She bragged about tell the Congress "no" to funding of the Bridge to Nowhere. Now we find that she championed that cause and was, in the words of Fox cable tv "for the bridge before she was against it."

She brags about being against all "pork" and "earmarks" and is (now) in line with McCain's thinking.
But again, in Fox's words, we find she was "for earmarks before she was against earmarks" and before she made the recent switch that is now in line with McCain's position.

She says she went to UH-Hilo, but the school has no record of her ever attending. And Matanuska College says she attended there, but she doesn't recall?

She closed down a teen center in the Nome district where teen suicide is at record high; fired a State official who refused to fire a state trooper who had divorced her sister; and the list grows.

She even supports continuing to spend $10 million a day in the Bush War, but echoes McCain's new "change" position?

And the pictures of her being circulated on the internet now are not something you'd expect from a runner up in a beauty contest, or a candidate for VP.

Vote Biden for VP. He's ready to step in as President in a heartbeat.

Keith Haugen
Nu`uanu
MeiLing

Kihei, HI

#11 Sep 6, 2008
Keith Haugen wrote:
With each passing day, we learn more about Sarah Louise (Heath) Palin, and more and more people realize that she SHOULD NOT BE in line for the Presidency of the United States.
She said she sold the Gov's private jet on EBay and made a profit. McCain dutifully repeated that claim the next day. Now we learn that it did not sell on Ebay and was sold by a broker at a loss.
She bragged about tell the Congress "no" to funding of the Bridge to Nowhere. Now we find that she championed that cause and was, in the words of Fox cable tv "for the bridge before she was against it."
She brags about being against all "pork" and "earmarks" and is (now) in line with McCain's thinking.
But again, in Fox's words, we find she was "for earmarks before she was against earmarks" and before she made the recent switch that is now in line with McCain's position.
She says she went to UH-Hilo, but the school has no record of her ever attending. And Matanuska College says she attended there, but she doesn't recall?
She closed down a teen center in the Nome district where teen suicide is at record high; fired a State official who refused to fire a state trooper who had divorced her sister; and the list grows.
She even supports continuing to spend $10 million a day in the Bush War, but echoes McCain's new "change" position?
And the pictures of her being circulated on the internet now are not something you'd expect from a runner up in a beauty contest, or a candidate for VP.
Vote Biden for VP. He's ready to step in as President in a heartbeat.
Keith Haugen
Nu`uanu
While I do not think she is a good choice in anyway, shape or form; those pictures on the net are not her. Go check out snopes.com . Two have her head photoshopped on it, one is grainy pic that was circulated years ago on the net as being Julia Louis-Dreyfus.

There is one though of her in a T-shirt with some sayin about her boobs!

“Live Love Laugh.. and Surf! :)”

Since: Aug 08

Kaimuki,Hilo,Ka'u, Kaupo

#12 Sep 6, 2008
Palin is by far better than Biden who like McCain also voted to declare war against Iraq yet who blames Bush for HIS decision: http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_ca... I would rather have someone who makes a decision and sticks to it. That is the type of person who we need for this country... not someone who stands for nothing or bends or worse blames Bush for his decision.
Bumpercrop

Wailuku, HI

#13 Sep 6, 2008
Good for you James "Kimo" Rosen. Show that tiny minority that you want to take your island back. Be assertive just like they were.
KrisC

AOL

#14 Sep 6, 2008
Lana: Palin, a woman who named her kid Trig, is the female face of the McCain War Machine allied with big oil. Blow 'em to Bits, then Drill, Baby, Drill!
Pau

Long Beach, CA

#16 Sep 6, 2008
Lana - your opinion is wise to live by. I have no issue with that. But for an CIC or anyone who holds the key to americans livelihood, the "I would rather have someone who makes a decision and sticks to it. That is the type of person who we need for this country...." That analogy does not fly when mistakes are made. We need accountability. We need those to take responsibility for where the buck stops.
informed

Pomerene, AZ

#17 Sep 6, 2008
KrisC wrote:
Lana: Palin, a woman who named her kid Trig, is the female face of the McCain War Machine allied with big oil. Blow 'em to Bits, then Drill, Baby, Drill!
You know her husband is a native Alaskan Eskimo, have you even checked to see of the name has some ethnic meaning? Why what she named her kid is a matter to you? This is what I mean when people are looking or saying asinine things. If a black woman was running for VP, would you think it ok to poke fun of a name she named her kid if the name wasn't a run of the mill name? That would be a big fat no and silly to even bring up in trying to make your point.
Jimmy

United States

#18 Sep 6, 2008
Kimo, you have our support from Kauai residents that now live on the neighbor islands and would love to have the opportunity to get on the Superferry and from time to time visit family, classmates, and friends on Kauai. Maybe you'll get 20,000 signatures and a Mayor and Council members that support the Superferry. Mahalo for your efforts.
Eloah

Honolulu, HI

#19 Sep 6, 2008
Our lefty friends duped by an Internet rumor that is easily debunked. What a surprise. Did any of you ever help that Nigerian couple who needed to send you money until they could flee to safety? The only reason Palin's family is in the spotlight is because the idiot reporters get their "scoops" from wack job Internet sites. The GOP is very smart to put the family front and center to show the media and the rest of you lemmings just how nuts you really are. Husband got a DUI? Yup, a few years after The One's admitted habitual coke use. Pregnant underage daughter? Yup. The One's mom was the same age and Palins daughter is marrying the father. The One probably thinks she is being punished with a child (his words). Biden is a tool with severe font-in-mouth disease. He is a proven plagiarizer without any original thought. Look it up. Have a nice weekend. If UH loses tonight, try not to blame Bush or McCain.
informed

Pomerene, AZ

#20 Sep 6, 2008
Pau wrote:
Lana - your opinion is wise to live by. I have no issue with that. But for an CIC or anyone who holds the key to americans livelihood, the "I would rather have someone who makes a decision and sticks to it. That is the type of person who we need for this country...." That analogy does not fly when mistakes are made. We need accountability. We need those to take responsibility for where the buck stops.
Right on in your assessment in recognizing when one makes a mistake and taking immediate corrective action for that mistake. The weird thing is, some people's mistakes are subjective to others. Take for instance the war in Iraq, some think it was a bad idea and a mistake while other's feel it was neccessary. That would be a subjective look at if what a potential or sitting CIC did was in fact a mistake. Which in turn lands most of us on here voicing our opinions and trying to come to the best conclusion on who we really want to run this country with the best interest focused on us as Americans. You have to respect someone who makes a hard decision and sticks to it. Whether you feel it a mistake or not is a subjective stand to all of America.
Papa

Honolulu, HI

#21 Sep 6, 2008
Brother Kimo stand up to your rights to have a service like the supperferry which will help the locals so they can connect with thier Ohana on outer islands. These protesters areot the voice of the community, in 1992 I spent 2 years working on Kauai after Iniki. Ive met the real people of Kauai and they are quiet and receptive and as nice as any Kapuna, uncle or auntie you will find on any islands. Why let these transpanted voices speak for you while yoiur island suffers because thry don't want you to enjoy coming to see your ohana and freinds, fight back with your soft voices but make it clear that you have a say in this. To you selfish protesters if and when the supperferry come back I hope you paddle out to meet the ferry because I would like to see your face on the news when you get charged with a felon.You actually need us more than we need you!!!
Pau

Long Beach, CA

#22 Sep 6, 2008
Informed - keep in mind that these things being said, and I agree that it can be harsh. are not coming from the Obama campaign. But the spin is out there that it is.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#23 Sep 6, 2008
-Lana- wrote:
Palin is by far better than Biden who like McCain also voted to declare war against Iraq yet who blames Bush for HIS decision: http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_ca... I would rather have someone who makes a decision and sticks to it. That is the type of person who we need for this country... not someone who stands for nothing or bends or worse blames Bush for his decision.
You seem to forget that all the information presented to congress as to why the US needed to invade Iraq came from Bush jr.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kapaa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Kapaa, HI (Jul '10) Feb '16 diacesus 8
News Top 10 activities on Kauai, Hawaii Jan '16 Josh 1
News Former church secretary jailed for theft - Hawa... (Dec '08) Jan '16 Victim 12
News Rare skull disease afflicts child (May '08) Nov '15 District 1 27
Kapaa Music Thread (Apr '12) Nov '15 Musikologist 17
Dr. Scott Sims, Aloha Vet. (Aug '15) Oct '15 Go Blue Forever 2
News Kauai nears drowning record - Hawaii News (Oct '08) Sep '15 Raiderron 23
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kapaa Mortgages