Kauai condo owners allege fleecing

TOM FINNEGAN / TFINNEGAN@STARBULLETIN.COM Waipouli Beach Resort, a new development in Kapaa, has been the source of an investigation that has pitted homeowners against one another as they tried to figure out ... Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Kwekker

Menlo Park, CA

#1 Aug 18, 2008
Tear the whole thing down...enough of these obscene eyesores in the Islands already....no more!
wow

Honolulu, HI

#2 Aug 18, 2008
"300,000-gallon saltwater pool with water slides"

sheez, the developer making you pay for his electricity is the least of you guys worry

didn't you guys think it might cost you guys a little to maintain a 300,000 salt water swimming pool --- lol!

“Live Love Laugh.. and Surf! :)”

Since: Aug 08

Kaimuki,Hilo,Ka'u, Kaupo

#3 Aug 18, 2008
I'm wondering if the condo owners reviewed the condo docs or the budget because in it one can see possible assessments.

Even so condo associations can and do make unexpected assessments. In this case it looks like it happened to some wealthy people.

If this happened in Florida the AG would be on the board like flies and force them into mandatroy binding arbitration. In Hawai'i I am not so sure because they do not seem very respectful of property rights.

Hopefully the AG in Hawai'i looks into this because if this happens to those people I can only imagine what happens to those who are less wealthy.
coolbeanz

Norway, MI

#4 Aug 18, 2008
Singleton sounds like your typical "slick willie"

Since: Mar 08

Aiea, HI

#5 Aug 18, 2008
Tip of the iceberg.
mahealani

Worth, IL

#6 Aug 18, 2008
Yeahhhhhhhhh.keep building these monstrosities..it is called BACHI.but then again Kauai people are goofy
Pat

Kailua, HI

#7 Aug 18, 2008
I enjoyed a tour of this complex in Dec. 2007. Unfortunately I was staying next door in not so luxurous accommodations.
Tax write-off

United States

#8 Aug 18, 2008
Sounds totally gay.
ffej

AOL

#9 Aug 18, 2008
Fees seem right for all they're getting--pool and spa like that!!
steve

Somis, CA

#10 Aug 18, 2008
Hahahahaha! Fifteen grand a year in maintenance fees? On Kauai? WhoooEEE! I wouldn't pay fifteen grand FOR Kauai, and all it's anti-superfaeri cuckoonuts!
wacko

Wahiawa, HI

#11 Aug 18, 2008
Prosecute this crook to the maximum allowed by Law and revoke his real estate license. Should prosecute to set an example. Jail time would be appropriate in this situation. Also, have his unit liquidated to pay for damages
Trash Gordon

Lahaina, HI

#12 Aug 18, 2008
Rich condo owners don't deserve to be fleeced of their hard-stolen money, now do they?
cheap skate

Keauhou, HI

#13 Aug 18, 2008
Gee I am glad I live in a cheap condo.
dman

Koloa, HI

#14 Aug 18, 2008
If they can afford $1300 a month for fee's Life must be tough.
dave

Lahaina, HI

#15 Aug 18, 2008
me likie this story very alot
kapaa

Lihue, HI

#16 Aug 18, 2008
Oh my!! A real-A-Snake that has swindled his customers! The Kettle calling the Pot Black.
koloakeiki

Honolulu, HI

#17 Aug 18, 2008
300.000 gallon swimming pool? are you guys crazy? the ocean is at your doorstep! why build a swimming pool? people wake up! the ocean was and still is the Hawaiians playground..at least they used their brains!...Burn down the condos and bring back the beach!
condo owner

Honolulu, HI

#18 Aug 18, 2008
these thing happen a lot, when the president and resident manager is in power, and a passive board, expensive go off the chart. it happens in govt, everywhere. who do you complaint to.
Moa Kaka

Honolulu, HI

#19 Aug 18, 2008
They'll probably just rent out the units as vacation rentals anyway, so any "costs" get passed on to the tourists.
uncle_aina

Honolulu, HI

#20 Aug 18, 2008
ummm...where's there's smoke there fyah!

And I think it's funny how Oahu people or Steve from CA like to take shots at us who live here on Kauai. Get a life or something. Why so angry?

Oh that's right, WE'RE the ones with the world's best beaches and you're the ones with the 2 hour commute.

Not me, I just did my commute in 4 minutes. Sorry about the way you are wasting your life away...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kapaa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New record temperatures set at Lihue, Honolulu ... Oct 18 Joe Balls 1
Food bank delivers to a community in need Sep '14 Katy Means 1
Kauai Water Department wins approval of explora... (Oct '12) Sep '14 Seth Ashford 2
Kapaa Music Thread (Apr '12) Jul '14 Musikologist 14
A new lava flow begins as another ends Jul '14 Adrian Godsafe MSc 1
Walgreens seeks to open store in Nanakuli - Bus... (Sep '08) Jun '14 tommy 52
Father Gets Probation for Making Son Walk 1 Mile Jun '14 Warren Jones 2
Kapaa Dating
Find my Match

Kapaa Jobs

Kapaa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Kapaa News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kapaa

Personal Finance