Letters to the Editor - Editorials

I am a 13-year-old kid who lives in Mililani. I currently attend Mililani Middle School. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
steve foster

United States

#22 Dec 24, 2008
willie wrote:
"We need national health coverage to ensure economic recovery and economic survival. Our fastest-growing job area is in health services, and these are permanent jobs. Many countries we compete with, like Japan and Germany, have national health, and this cost is not attached to every production man-hour as we do it here. If France and Cuba can have it, we can, too. Hospitals are bridges to and from American life, and they need upgrading. We must prove we value the life of the individual American and reward ourselves for our service to others.
Carol Fanning
Honolulu"
First off do you REALLY want the same people running national health care as currently mismanage VA healthcare? They can't even get it right for less than 2% of the population and you want them to have the whole ball of wax?
Second, it is not going to be free, taxes will go through the roof to pay for a worse system than we currently have (ask anyone in Canada what they pay and what the get).
Third, just because "they" do it does not mean WE have to do it. Is the population of France or Cuba anywhere near ours? Oh by the way, yes they have healthcare in Cuba but you best have some real dollars if you want any medicines or real care.
Carol just watched "sickho" I had to spell it like that to get by

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kapaa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Food bank delivers to a community in need Sep 12 Katy Means 1
Kauai Water Department wins approval of explora... (Oct '12) Sep 2 Seth Ashford 2
Kapaa Music Thread (Apr '12) Jul '14 Musikologist 14
A new lava flow begins as another ends Jul '14 Adrian Godsafe MSc 1
Walgreens seeks to open store in Nanakuli - Bus... (Sep '08) Jun '14 tommy 52
Father Gets Probation for Making Son Walk 1 Mile Jun '14 Warren Jones 2
Lava breakouts at Kilauea attract geologists' a... Jun '14 Adrian Godsafe MSc 1
•••
•••
Kapaa Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Kapaa Jobs