Letters to the Editor - Editorials

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

I am a 13-year-old kid who lives in Mililani. I currently attend Mililani Middle School.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
willie

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

Spencer Serrao - good for you on going green. You might want to do a bit more research on this project. The train is powered by electricty which currently is produced with fossil fuel, the net green house gas savings will probably be tiny if at all since not many people will be using the train but more electricty has to be generated to power it. You also have to figure into the equation all the fossil fuel that will be burned just to constuct it.

All in all, it is NOT a green project at all, just a nice new very, very expensive toy that really does not need to be built.

Since: Mar 08

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

"Rail transit will help residents go green"

by Spencer Serrao
Mililani

Thanks Spencer I admire your sentence structure.

Merry Christmas.

Since: Nov 08

Kailua, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

Good point, willie. "I had to discard knowledge to make room for belief." Immanuel Kant
willie

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

"We need national health coverage to ensure economic recovery and economic survival. Our fastest-growing job area is in health services, and these are permanent jobs. Many countries we compete with, like Japan and Germany, have national health, and this cost is not attached to every production man-hour as we do it here. If France and Cuba can have it, we can, too. Hospitals are bridges to and from American life, and they need upgrading. We must prove we value the life of the individual American and reward ourselves for our service to others.

Carol Fanning
Honolulu"

First off do you REALLY want the same people running national health care as currently mismanage VA healthcare? They can't even get it right for less than 2% of the population and you want them to have the whole ball of wax?

Second, it is not going to be free, taxes will go through the roof to pay for a worse system than we currently have (ask anyone in Canada what they pay and what the get).

Third, just because "they" do it does not mean WE have to do it. Is the population of France or Cuba anywhere near ours? Oh by the way, yes they have healthcare in Cuba but you best have some real dollars if you want any medicines or real care.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

willie wrote:
"We need national health coverage to ensure economic recovery and economic survival. Our fastest-growing job area is in health services, and these are permanent jobs. Many countries we compete with, like Japan and Germany, have national health, and this cost is not attached to every production man-hour as we do it here. If France and Cuba can have it, we can, too. Hospitals are bridges to and from American life, and they need upgrading. We must prove we value the life of the individual American and reward ourselves for our service to others.
Carol Fanning
Honolulu"
First off do you REALLY want the same people running national health care as currently mismanage VA healthcare? They can't even get it right for less than 2% of the population and you want them to have the whole ball of wax?
Second, it is not going to be free, taxes will go through the roof to pay for a worse system than we currently have (ask anyone in Canada what they pay and what the get).
Third, just because "they" do it does not mean WE have to do it. Is the population of France or Cuba anywhere near ours? Oh by the way, yes they have healthcare in Cuba but you best have some real dollars if you want any medicines or real care.
Don't you need real dollars now anyway if you want any medicines or real care?
Keith Haugen

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

Aloha:

If anyone knows how to contact CNN News, please tell them that there are no such things as private beaches in Hawai`i. CNN's reporter covering Obama in Kailua is saying that there are private and public beaches and that Obama is staying at a home that has a private beach. Just when we thought everyone knew.

Secret Service has cordoned off a section for security reasons....that does not make it a "private" beach.

Keith Haugen
Nu`uanu
bumpercrop

Ewa Beach, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

Hey Keith. The Kailua beaches are indeed "private" as long as your favorite Pres elect is there! It could have been McCain and he would not have taken over your beach.
enufalready

Wailuku, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

Keith Haugen wrote:
Aloha:
If anyone knows how to contact CNN News, please tell them that there are no such things as private beaches in Hawai`i. CNN's reporter covering Obama in Kailua is saying that there are private and public beaches and that Obama is staying at a home that has a private beach. Just when we thought everyone knew.
Secret Service has cordoned off a section for security reasons....that does not make it a "private" beach.
Keith Haugen
Nu`uanu
Well ... we are supposed to have public access to all beaches, but anyone who's tried to acces some of the beachfront in Kailua and other rich areas knoiws that, in fact, some beaches have been privatized through closure of access paths and the installatiion of gates. You can romntically call them public beaches, but better to get real and admit to the reality of today. The rich rule and the beaches are now private.
willie

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

"Secret Service has cordoned off a section for security reasons....that does not make it a "private" beach."

Actually they laid seaweed in a line and "suggested" people on the beach not cross over it. Who on here is going to argue with a person who is packing god knows what kind of firepower?
Kalani

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

How sweet. And naive. One private jet trip by some spoiled celebrity will negate all the "going green" an individual does in a lifetime.

Heating and A/C for a rich person's MULTIPLE mansions for a year will negate the efforts of a noble family's efforts of going green for 10 years.

Until limits are mandated on everyone, the earth is at peril no matter how many good intentions there are.
charles bukowski

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

If you eliminate the rich, their nice houses, their nice Air Conditioning, then you upset the wages of the gardner, landscaper, carpenter, brick layer, tile setter, plumber, electrician, maid, butler, garbadge collector, recycler, educator, dentist, nurse, doctor, private work out trainer, grocery store clerk and bag boy, manager of store, electrician to fix wires, phone man, computer man, etc... and oh yes, governor of the state So, everyone get along, lets move on

Since: Mar 08

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

Keith Haugen wrote:
Aloha:
Keith Haugen
Nu`uanu
Private beaches?
That was a typographical error.

It was suppose to have been pervert beaches.
HayninAk

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you need real dollars now anyway if you want any medicines or real care?
The amount I pay for health insurance premiums to cover myself and my family is far less than the taxes my relatives pay in Canada to provide their coverage, which is by all accounts far inferior to the care we receive in the US.
steve

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

The meltdown? CEOs in corporate jets? Thousands unemployed? Foreclosings? Bankruptcies? Tough times ahead says Obama, who just arrived in Hawaii in a leased jet, and who's just rented (or the DNC has)that cool villa in Kailua at 3500 bucks a day? Who's kidding who? It's gonna be a tough four years, folks. Comrade Obama and his closet politburo have surprises galore, in store, for us, the unwashed. Great foto of the Massiah ...man-o-man, what a set of ears!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

HayninAk wrote:
<quoted text>
The amount I pay for health insurance premiums to cover myself and my family is far less than the taxes my relatives pay in Canada to provide their coverage, which is by all accounts far inferior to the care we receive in the US.
Well, that is important. To feel that you're getting value. At the very least, you can say your value is better than your relatives.
duh

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

bumpercrop wrote:
Hey Keith. The Kailua beaches are indeed "private" as long as your favorite Pres elect is there! It could have been McCain and he would not have taken over your beach.
Dreaming! As long as the SS is involved, the portion of beach fronting the home the president elect is vacationing at would be closed for security purpose.
Whether it be Obama or McCain - IDIOT!
duh

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

steve wrote:
The meltdown? CEOs in corporate jets? Thousands unemployed? Foreclosings? Bankruptcies? Tough times ahead says Obama, who just arrived in Hawaii in a leased jet, and who's just rented (or the DNC has)that cool villa in Kailua at 3500 bucks a day? Who's kidding who? It's gonna be a tough four years, folks. Comrade Obama and his closet politburo have surprises galore, in store, for us, the unwashed. Great foto of the Massiah ...man-o-man, what a set of ears!
Then what you are saying, more of the same stuff we've seen the past eight years with all the surprises GB ad DC pulled on us! Thanks for the heads up from your crystal ball.
bornandraised

Wahiawa, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Mr. Rosen has become an embarassment to ALL outer islands. He held 3 pro ferry events on Kauai and NO ONE else came!! He cares only about his own selfish convenience and not our outer islands or future generations.
This man is pilau, please use your given name and stop TAKING from the Hawaiians.
maiko

Wahiawa, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

WTF does the airport situation have to do with the superferry? Get over it already. The people on Kaua'i have won. The superferry will not go to Kaua'i. That is insider info. Lets concentrate on the big island. I respect Kaua'i for standing up to big money, but the big island does not seem to be against it. Every island has to know what is best for them. Stop ramming your ideas down their throats ... on to the other islands.
steve foster

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

Hey kid why do you want to go green? The rail is not going anywhere mililani

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flash Flood Watch for Kauai County was issued at July 21 at 3:54PM HST

•••
•••
•••
•••

Kapaa Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Kapaa People Search