Do you support Kauai County's propose...

Do you support Kauai County's proposed Coastal path across Wailua Beach?

Created by Morden on Dec 2, 2009

6 votes

Click on an option to vote

Lihue, HI

#1 Dec 2, 2009
Build the fraking path already and let's move on! We are talking about essentially a sidewalk along the beach. Just like the stupid 'dogs being allowed on the path' discussions that wasted the Kauai County Council's time prior to the last election, this discussion also threatens to waste our time. We've got federal money to build it. The money will go toward employing people to construct it, which in turn will add money to Kauai's economy. Further, it will improve the area fronting Wailua Beach in a manner similar as to what had been done to the Kealia Beach to Otsuka's stretch. And on top of all that it will provide a scenic path for both Malahine's and Kamaaina alike to get out and enjoy the view while getting some much needed exercise.

But NO! Just as with the 'dogs being allowed on the path issue', we get some LOLOs who get nothing better fo' do than try for stop this project from happening. With the dog's being barred from the path, they (including 2 former council members) brought up all kine stupid scenarios like da dogs goin' chase our unattended keiki of the cliff, then they goin die, get swept out to sea, den eaten by one shark, and the family goin' sure da county for billions of dollars, so dogs shouldn't be allowed on da path. Sound stupid! It should. No wonder the two council memebers who wasted so much of the county's time with this no stay on the council dis year.

Now the same LOLOs are coming out again saying dat the debris from da Wailua river and da ocean going come flying out of da water and hit locals and tourists using the path along the proposed Wailua stretch, knock em into the water, pull them out to sea, and then they goin get eaten by one shark and their family goin sue the County for billions. Sound familiarly stupid???

No forget da neo-Hawaiians. They also like block this construction. They call the Wailua beach sacred. Just the other day I was listening to Ron on KONG. He had one listener going on and on about the sacred sacredness of the Wailua beach. If da place was so freakin important, how come only now stay important. People been desecrating their so called sacred stretch for years with beer bottles + other trash, graffitti, bonfires, and the like. How come only now, stay sacred, now that the county like build one sidewalk for all to enjoy this stretch of land? Why I see plenty Hawaiians desecrating you sacred sacredity of this stretch of land, and none regularly there trying to preserve it. Can you tell that I'm getting tired of this b.s.'sacred' argument? If we stopped construction every time a Hawaiian called something sacred, nothing would be built. In the immortal words of Iningo Montoya: "You keep using that word" [in this case: sacred] "I do not think it means what you think it means."

Lihue, HI

#2 Dec 2, 2009
I hear you Morden! Some Hawaiian lady is bringing in some Honolulu bigshot attorneys to block construction of the cane haul bridge widening in Wailua. Anyone who spends more than a day on Kauai knows how horrible the traffic is in the Wailua/Kapaa area. The expansion of the bridge and the widening of the highway is a long overdue solution to the traffic issues facing that island. And guess what? She's another one of those hawaiians you were talking about claiming the sacredness of the Wailua area and concerned about bones that may or may not exist. She doesn't know. Might have some iwi. Might not. Don't know whose they are. Could be Hawaiian peasants. Could be some of the early missionaries that the savages stoned to death upon arival (was that the original "Kill Haole Day"?(ROFLMAO) Could be that there is no Human iwi there at all. All this doesn't matter. The residents of Kauai will have to continue to sit in traffic and put up with the traffic nightmares because some lady went off island to bring in some Honolulu lawyers to try to put a stop to the Wailua bridge widening project. AUWE!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kapaa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rare skull disease afflicts child (May '08) Nov 18 District 1 27
Kapaa Music Thread (Apr '12) Nov 2 Musikologist 17
Dr. Scott Sims, Aloha Vet. Oct '15 Go Blue Forever 2
News Kauai nears drowning record - Hawaii News (Oct '08) Sep '15 Raiderron 23
birds of the air Jun '15 spectragroundz 1
News Insurer punished for failing to pay claim - News (Jan '09) May '15 Joe Balls 51
News New record temperatures set at Lihue, Honolulu ... (Oct '14) May '15 Joe Balls 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kapaa Mortgages