Bankruptcy filings trail in August - ...

Bankruptcy filings trail in August - Hawaii Business

There are 4 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Sep 1, 2009, titled Bankruptcy filings trail in August - Hawaii Business. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Bankruptcy filings in Hawaii slowed to 253 in August, rising 35.3 percent, the lowest rate increase so far this year and the lowest since April 2008 when filings rose 20.6 percent from the previous year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Wahiawa, HI

#1 Sep 1, 2009
The rate increase dropped because August 2008 is when things turned sour. Things are still horrible. Watch for layoffs at local banks soon.

United States

#2 Sep 1, 2009
Hit the bottom??
Not even close, Hawaii lags the mainland, and on the mainland they have not even hit the bottom yet with foreclosures...
Check out: for more info!
Make my Day

La Puente, CA

#3 Sep 1, 2009
If they are filing bankruptcy, how can they afford to take a vacation/break in August?!!!

Kailua, HI

#4 Sep 1, 2009
keep an eye out for the freight train coming around the corner, . . . . . . Still lots to come.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kapaa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kapaa Music Thread (Apr '12) Feb 17 Musikologist 19
Looking for Frank Nov '17 Robert parkes 1
News Embattled Kauai Airport Manager Is Out (Aug '11) Oct '17 Escherichia 4
seeking a partner (Apr '17) Apr '17 Jerry 1
Join a focus group on Kaua'i transportation on ... (Feb '17) Feb '17 kauaifocusgroup 1
Anyone know alexandria tangalin / gregg (Jan '17) Jan '17 Xotto 1
Do you know Alexandria Tangalin(or Gregg) (Sep '11) Jan '17 Troy Morgan 13

Kapaa Jobs

Personal Finance

Kapaa Mortgages