FINALLY! Carolyn Brown Hodge Busted!

Posted in the Kansas Forum

Disgusted

Robinson, IL

#1 Jul 1, 2011
I am betting she gave up stuff on Blago to help in his conviction. Otherwise, why weight 2 years to only fine her $1000?

Another Fine Example of the Paris Democrats!

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-06-29...
Really

Beaver Dam, WI

#2 Jul 2, 2011
First of before you start slighting someone else you should look at yourself. Weight means how much mass/heaviness of something.

Ex-What is the weight for your brain? Itís nothing as it does not exist. You should have used the word wait, as in, I would wait for you to get anything over 1 on an IQ test, but I would be waiting forever. Great example of a down state conservative!

Second, I know Carolyn and I stand by her. She is a sweet and caring lady who has stood up for common sense values and against the Republican Machine that runs down state with no regard for education(see above comments) or jobs for people. They are there to line their own pockets.
Disgusted

Robinson, IL

#3 Jul 2, 2011
Yeh, Spelling never was my specialty and since you cant go back and edit a post those things tend to stand out after you re-read it. Such a big error on my part, so sorry!

Standing by anyone that is guilty of a crime just becuase you know them and think they're sweet and caring is yet another example of what is wrong in this country.

She can be sweet and caring all day long but she is still guilty of a crime. That makers her a criminal!

As far as Republicans lining their own pockets, you got that half right as the other half, the Democrats, are doing the very same thing and they ALL need to go!
KZer

Chicago, IL

#4 Jul 3, 2011
So what? She was sending emails on government time. Many people send emails unrelated to their work while on the clock. I understand that people should not use their government office for political work and should be fined for doing so, but I would hardly call her a criminal or otherwise degrade her for doing so. They small nature of the fine ($1000) demonstrates the small magnitude of this crime. In reading your comments, I thought this must be some important corruption charge but felt otherwise once I actually read the article. Here is what she was charged with.

"getting Quinn political signs for a parade to lining up campaign appearances for the governor, including messages during work time to a Quinn campaign official about political events, records show."
Really wrote:
First of before you start slighting someone else you should look at yourself. Weight means how much mass/heaviness of something.
Ex-What is the weight for your brain? Itís nothing as it does not exist. You should have used the word wait, as in, I would wait for you to get anything over 1 on an IQ test, but I would be waiting forever. Great example of a down state conservative!
Second, I know Carolyn and I stand by her. She is a sweet and caring lady who has stood up for common sense values and against the Republican Machine that runs down state with no regard for education(see above comments) or jobs for people. They are there to line their own pockets.
Disgusted

Robinson, IL

#5 Jul 3, 2011
And what you just explained is EXCATLY what is destroying this country.

We say its trivial since we dont see a problem with it and then diregard the law. That steps then leads to bigger crimes and before you know it, we have have Illinois elected officials getting away with more and more crimes, all becuase we have become desensticed to the fact its a crime, no matter how large or small.

The fine doesnt demonstrate anything and its sad yoru fooled by that. Was her cooperation a factor? Did she give up stuff on Blago? Many factors go into the fine. The fact she didnt fight it demonstrates she was in fact guilty and probably glad she had the opportunity to plea bargain or give up info to cover her own ass.

If it was such a trivial matter then explain why it took over two years to slap a simple fine on her? Its sad to see that just one article leads you to an opinion. Is the article totally accurate? NO, and anyone that remembers when the authorities raided this persons home and office knows such an act was not done becuase it was a trivial case.

As long as we minimize the value of our laws the further down the road to anarchy we go. I know many laws should be removed from the books but until that happens they are still the law.
Really

Dekalb, IL

#6 Jul 3, 2011
No, she did not. She had NOTHING to do with Blagojevich. She worked for SOS White and Lt. Gov. Quinn. Quinn, according to Blagojevich, was not part of his administration. You are wildly speculating and it's nonsense. If you think the system is so broken, get off your lazy bum and run for office and try to change it.

Also,

Because I am a nice guy I will do you a favor. I will fix all your grammatical and spelling mistakes so you look less stupid. Keeping in mind it is purely looks...as you cannot fix it.

We say itís trivial since we donít see a problem with it and then disregard the law. That steps then leads to bigger crimes and before you know it, we have Illinois elected officials getting away with more and more crimes, all becuase we have become desensitized to the fact itís a crime, no matter how large or small.

The fine doesnít demonstrate anything and its sad your fooled by that. Was her cooperation a factor? Did she give up stuff on Blago? Many factors go into the fine. The fact she didnít fight it demonstrates she was in fact guilty and probably glad she had the opportunity to plea bargain or give up info to cover her own ass.

If it was such a trivial matter then explain why it took over two years to slap a simple fine on her? Itís sad to see that just one article leads you to an opinion. Is the article totally accurate? NO, and anyone that remembers when the authorities raided this persons home and office knows such an act was not done because it was a trivial case.

As long as we minimize the value of our laws the further down the road to anarchy we go. I know many laws should be removed from the books but until that happens they are still the law.
Disgusted

Robinson, IL

#7 Jul 3, 2011
Lazy Bum? If you only knew!
Really

Chicago, IL

#8 Jul 3, 2011
All I know is your spelling is atrocious...which makes me weep. Either you fell asleep during school or the school systems failed you. I'm willing to believe the latter as much as the former. As a survivor of central Illinois school systems, I know the pain.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#9 Jul 3, 2011
Our Entire National school system is failing our kids every day!

They no longer teach critical thinking skills which basically leads to a bunch of idiots who cant make a decision, right or wrong, if their life depended on it!
KZer

Chicago, IL

#10 Jul 4, 2011
These kind of divisive games are what is destroying politics. It becomes a sport rather than a collaborative effort to fix our problems and grow our nation. Sure, people have different ideologies, but we have to find ways to work together and understand that this is a large country with diverse views that need to be respected. Politics and our country have become stagnated by these type of games.
Disgusted wrote:
And what you just explained is EXCATLY what is destroying this country.
We say its trivial since we dont see a problem with it and then diregard the law. That steps then leads to bigger crimes and before you know it, we have have Illinois elected officials getting away with more and more crimes, all becuase we have become desensticed to the fact its a crime, no matter how large or small.
The fine doesnt demonstrate anything and its sad yoru fooled by that. Was her cooperation a factor? Did she give up stuff on Blago? Many factors go into the fine. The fact she didnt fight it demonstrates she was in fact guilty and probably glad she had the opportunity to plea bargain or give up info to cover her own ass.
If it was such a trivial matter then explain why it took over two years to slap a simple fine on her? Its sad to see that just one article leads you to an opinion. Is the article totally accurate? NO, and anyone that remembers when the authorities raided this persons home and office knows such an act was not done becuase it was a trivial case.
Eclaire

Mattoon, IL

#11 Jul 15, 2011
Since "Really" is so great at correcting other peoples mistakes; here are a couple of Really's mistakes:
July 2: "First of" should have read: First off,(note the comma)
July 3: Really made the SAME mistake as Disgusted (without the typo) when she wrote: The fine doesn't demonstrate anything and it's (note the apostophe in it's) sad your (should be: you're) fooled by that.

(NO ONE is perfect, possibly Disgusted is not as agile-fingered on the keyboard as you..that does NOT make Disgusted an idiot!)
Now, I certainly hope I haven't made any grammatical errors here. Have a good day everyone and lighten up, OK?:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kansas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Edgar County Being Mismanaged 1 hr NoTill 8
Motley Posts As Felonball to Try to Cover Blunders 2 hr Kentucky 12
Tabloid Trash Trashes Topix! LOL Thu u b trollin 2
71 Band (Oct '11) Thu I omg 32
newman, il (Jan '11) Wed newmanposterisano... 54
natpt Oct 20 cya 3
police department (Jun '13) Oct 19 lol 25
Kansas Dating
Find my Match

Kansas Jobs