Who needs handguns?

“A cowboy on a mission.”

Since: Apr 07

Out on the range.

#1 Apr 27, 2007
It's funny that every time there is a mass killing by some deranged person with a handgun, people come out of the woodwork denouncing handguns. Guns were invented to kill to be sure just as other weapons were products of war. However, pro-gun enthusiasts often are proud to display their lack of logic and understanding regarding the need to have every kind of weapon at their disposal. And their reasoning usually ends up like a laundry list for morons.

1. Guns don't kill, people do.

2. Cigarettes don't kill people, the smoke does.

3. If man were meant to fly, women would want wings too.

4. Cars don't cause accidents, its the slick roads.

5. Alcohol wouldn't get drinkers drunk if the bottles were smaller.

6. Bombs don't kill people, its the shrapnel.

7. Saddam didn't kill people, the guns did.

England, which does not permit handgun ownership, had 0.04 murders per 100,000 people. Japan is even less with 0.03 per 100,000. The United States in stark contrast had 3.42 gun murders per 100,000 people. Ever been to Detroit? Over one hundred gun murders every year. Across the lake in Windsor, Ontario 6 murders where handguns are outlawed. I can write statistics all night till I'm blue, but it won't persuade the neanderthals of our society. YC Garrett doesn't carry a six shooter, only a rifle for hunting. YC Garrett isn't too bright, but bright enough to have common sense. I'm done. Go to YCgarrett.typepad.com to see YC Garrett.
HARLIE BROOKE

Henderson, AR

#2 May 22, 2007
yea we all need to get drunk every now and then and we all need some heat to in cause some one looks at u wrong u can just pop there ***

Since: Dec 07

Southwest, Kansas

#3 Dec 25, 2007
And next on the list is those large knives .. get rid of them too. Then we'll all be safe.

Knives and bats are killing as many or even more to make up for lack of guns in England. Look that up .. it isn't easy to find the stats, but I have seen them quoted. Some people are going to kill others, and they will find a way to do it.
outsider

AOL

#4 Jan 5, 2008
Are you needing money to move to England?
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#5 Feb 11, 2008
In 1998, IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test, Obama endorsed:

1. Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.

2. Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.

What is wrong with Kansas voters?
john

Overland Park, KS

#6 Feb 13, 2008
yc garrett wrote:
It's funny that every time there is a mass killing by some deranged person with a handgun, people come out of the woodwork denouncing handguns. Guns were invented to kill to be sure just as other weapons were products of war. However, pro-gun enthusiasts often are proud to display their lack of logic and understanding regarding the need to have every kind of weapon at their disposal. And their reasoning usually ends up like a laundry list for morons.
1. Guns don't kill, people do.
2. Cigarettes don't kill people, the smoke does.
3. If man were meant to fly, women would want wings too.
4. Cars don't cause accidents, its the slick roads.
5. Alcohol wouldn't get drinkers drunk if the bottles were smaller.
6. Bombs don't kill people, its the shrapnel.
7. Saddam didn't kill people, the guns did.
England, which does not permit handgun ownership, had 0.04 murders per 100,000 people. Japan is even less with 0.03 per 100,000. The United States in stark contrast had 3.42 gun murders per 100,000 people. Ever been to Detroit? Over one hundred gun murders every year. Across the lake in Windsor, Ontario 6 murders where handguns are outlawed. I can write statistics all night till I'm blue, but it won't persuade the neanderthals of our society. YC Garrett doesn't carry a six shooter, only a rifle for hunting. YC Garrett isn't too bright, but bright enough to have common sense. I'm done. Go to YCgarrett.typepad.com to see YC Garrett.
I am glad you call it England, because there is nothing Great about Britian anymore.

Neaderthals discovered fire. I hope you are warm tonight. No need to say thank you.
john

Overland Park, KS

#7 Feb 13, 2008
gossamer wrote:
In 1998, IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test, Obama endorsed:
1. Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
2. Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
What is wrong with Kansas voters?
Don't move here if you don't like.
KZGRANNY

Gillespie, IL

#8 Mar 5, 2008
I am so sick of people who are anti gun. They want gun control. WHY? Because they have never been in a situation where it was their life or die!! I would not want to be in that situation and not have protection!!!!!!!!!!
They also are not hunters! I hunt every season, it is a way to feed my family. GOOD HEALTHY FOOD!!!! No fat!!!!
I, for one, am going to fight for my 2nd amendment rights
john

Overland Park, KS

#9 Mar 6, 2008
KZGRANNY wrote:
I am so sick of people who are anti gun. They want gun control. WHY? Because they have never been in a situation where it was their life or die!! I would not want to be in that situation and not have protection!!!!!!!!!!
They also are not hunters! I hunt every season, it is a way to feed my family. GOOD HEALTHY FOOD!!!! No fat!!!!
I, for one, am going to fight for my 2nd amendment rights
Drug dealers, pedophiles, rapists, all like gun control.
KZGRANNY

Gillespie, IL

#10 Mar 7, 2008
Drug dealers,pedophiles,rapists,ect , are just a few of the reasons why we have to have a way of protecting ourselves.!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kansas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vitale, Morgan & The Board Brothers (May '09) Sun GHOSTofLUCK 923
Dallas Point Sep 24 Amberv 1
Diamond Bros bad reputation Sep 23 Klondike bar 6
Go to the SOURCE..buy Disclosure! (Nov '15) Sep 20 REAL JAN MILLS 162
Sneak Preview of You Toad Hop Turds Sep 20 REAL JAN MILLS 2
Freedom of Speech IS Not Free CENSOR Me Sep 20 REAL JAN MILLS 2
Newspaper phone number Jun '16 maggiesmom 1

Kansas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance