Miami County Sheriff's Department Inv...

Miami County Sheriff's Department Investigates Body Found in Field

There are 61 comments on the Fox4KC story from Jan 20, 2010, titled Miami County Sheriff's Department Investigates Body Found in Field. In it, Fox4KC reports that:

The Miami County, Kan. Sheriff's Department is investigating a dead person found in a field.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox4KC.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
My Cousin

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Jan 21, 2010
This young womans name is Angela Stewart Cott and she is my cousin. God rest her soul and damn the person behind this heinous cowardly act.
Miami County Resident

Spring Hill, KS

#2 Jan 21, 2010
Have you contacted the Miami County Sheriff office? I'm sorry for your loss.
My Cousin wrote:
This young womans name is Angela Stewart Cott and she is my cousin. God rest her soul and damn the person behind this heinous cowardly act.
My Cousin

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Jan 21, 2010
The police have been informed and there is manhunt currently underway for her boyfriend who is a prime suspect and the likely culprit. He will never get away and will likely be caught within the next 48 hours or he will kill himself. The latter would suit me just fine.
Louisburg KS Resident

United States

#4 Jan 21, 2010
What has happened to this young woman is unspeakable. My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family. God be with you all.
Miami County Resident

Spring Hill, KS

#5 Jan 21, 2010
OK, well all the news outlets are saying the sheriff office still hasn't been able to identify her and are still asking for the public's help. There was no word of a manhunt either. Is your cousin from this area? What's the boyfriend's name? I truly feel for you and what your family is going through, I can't imagine.... You're in my prayers.
My Cousin wrote:
The police have been informed and there is manhunt currently underway for her boyfriend who is a prime suspect and the likely culprit. He will never get away and will likely be caught within the next 48 hours or he will kill himself. The latter would suit me just fine.
My Cousin

Las Vegas, NV

#6 Jan 21, 2010
They already have the boyfriend in custody. They were on him earlier this morning I guess and then just trailed him while they gathered more evidence. They finally picked him up and then impounded the vehicle and are questioning him right now. BAM...This loser is going down.
My Cousin

Las Vegas, NV

#7 Jan 21, 2010
Miami County Resident wrote:
OK, well all the news outlets are saying the sheriff office still hasn't been able to identify her and are still asking for the public's help. There was no word of a manhunt either. Is your cousin from this area? What's the boyfriend's name? I truly feel for you and what your family is going through, I can't imagine.... You're in my prayers.
<quoted text>
She is from Overland Park. Unfortunately, my aunt has already confirmed the identity. Thank you for the kind words. She was a mother and had a three year old son.
Barbara

Louisburg, KS

#8 Jan 21, 2010
If this is your cousin, then you must contact the Miami County Sheriff's office immediately!
Concerned

Kansas City, MO

#9 Jan 22, 2010
No idea if it is related but there was a Jason Warren Cott arrested for first degree murder yesterday. He is listed as homeless.
annonomouys

Las Vegas, NV

#10 Jan 22, 2010
Where did you see the arrest information?
Concerned

Kansas City, MO

#11 Jan 22, 2010
Johnson County Sheriffs department site. He was arrested at around 9:00pm on the 21st and booked at 1:36am on the 22nd. I see where his parents are Cassie and Frank from Topeka. This scum bad has lived in both Paola and Osamotomie and has a history of violence. I think maybe be spent some time for battery. I am very sorry to hear about this and wish there would have been a way to keep him locked up. Again, sorry for your families loss.
My Cousin

Las Vegas, NV

#13 Jan 22, 2010
Thank you for the kind words. This loser may be booked on double murder as we just found out that my cousin was pregnant; and he new. What a worthless scum bag.
Concerned

Kansas City, MO

#14 Jan 22, 2010
Please keep us informed about any memorial funds for the family. I can't imagine what you are all going through.

Just my opinion but the death penalty needs to be a real option in Kansas. People like this and for that matter his accomplice need not be amongst us in society. The accomplice just got released in April of 2009. Please put these two away for life at a minimum.
Cott Family

United States

#15 Jan 22, 2010
First I want to say that I am truly sorry for what happened to Angie and her unborn child...However as part of Jason's family I would appreciate if you could leave his parents names out of this...They did not have anything to do with what their son's actions...
annonomouys

Las Vegas, NV

#16 Jan 22, 2010
As much as I would like to respond to your request with what I am actually thinking, I respect Angela and her family to much to go there. I will however say that we would have appreciated their son not taking away our sister, cousin, daughter, grand daughter, mother and friend. No matter how upset his parents might be that their name was mentioned it will NEVER compare to the pain we will feel for the rest of our lives without Angela. Forgive me but I am not even a little concerned about their feelings right now
Seriously

Kansas City, MO

#17 Jan 22, 2010
Cott Family wrote:
First I want to say that I am truly sorry for what happened to Angie and her unborn child...However as part of Jason's family I would appreciate if you could leave his parents names out of this...They did not have anything to do with what their son's actions...
I am sure they had nothing to do with the way Jason is. I am sure they are model citizens. I am sure they would not do anything different in how they raised their child. Damn the bad luck. God bless this girl.
My Cousin

North Las Vegas, NV

#18 Jan 23, 2010
This was obviously out of his parents control; this was a grown man who lived like trash and was a burden on society. Let's hope the justice system gets it right.
Seriously

Kansas City, MO

#19 Jan 23, 2010
My Cousin wrote:
This was obviously out of his parents control; this was a grown man who lived like trash and was a burden on society. Let's hope the justice system gets it right.
I agree. He was an adult when he was charged with his first battery conviction at 17 years old. It just went down hill from there.
Cott Family

United States

#20 Jan 23, 2010
You may not be worried about how his family feels but I am....You can respond anyway you wish, that doesnt bother me in the least. What bothers me is that his wife is dead along with an unborn child, that is the worst part....However basing his family is not going to change that...No one made him the way he is, no one knows what happened that night....We want answers as his family as you want justice for your family...I dont want a war to break out between our two families...However looking at some of the responses thats what you wish to accomplish...Two families are broken now because of something so horrible...Our family hurts as your family hurts....TRY TO RESPECT THAT...WE ARE TRYING TO RESPECT YOURS...DONT BASH OURS!
Seriously

Kansas City, MO

#21 Jan 23, 2010
Cott Family wrote:
You may not be worried about how his family feels but I am....You can respond anyway you wish, that doesnt bother me in the least. What bothers me is that his wife is dead along with an unborn child, that is the worst part....However basing his family is not going to change that...No one made him the way he is, no one knows what happened that night....We want answers as his family as you want justice for your family...I dont want a war to break out between our two families...However looking at some of the responses thats what you wish to accomplish...Two families are broken now because of something so horrible...Our family hurts as your family hurts....TRY TO RESPECT THAT...WE ARE TRYING TO RESPECT YOURS...DONT BASH OURS!
I am not part of any involved family so don't hold my inputs against the victim family. Don't read this forum if you don't like what you see. There might be disturbing details about the accused.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kansas City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Children's Mercy Hospital Honored for Combating... Sat Nmc 2
News Woman: ' - Raytown Romeo' conned me out of $9K ... (Apr '14) Fri Really 307
News Metro OKs long-range plan; voters to eye Prop A... (Feb '10) Thu White Chick 29
News Program Gets Free Air Conditioners Into Homes o... (Jul '10) Jun 22 Babygirl0848 36
Gangstalking in Kansas City, MO (Oct '11) Jun 21 Golden Cloud 32
Brothers Word MC (Sep '11) Jun 20 Buggysbunny 123
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jun 20 Homeboynot 20,366
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kansas City Mortgages