71 HIGHWAY ACCIDENT: Tractor, Car Acc...

71 HIGHWAY ACCIDENT: Tractor, Car Accidents Shut Down 71 Highway

There are 6 comments on the Fox4KC story from May 5, 2010, titled 71 HIGHWAY ACCIDENT: Tractor, Car Accidents Shut Down 71 Highway. In it, Fox4KC reports that:

Cass County Sheriff's Office said traffic was being diverted off 71 Highway at 58 Highway in Belton.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox4KC.

Bear

Kansas City, MO

#1 May 5, 2010
How does something like this happen? One person made it a bad day for the rest of the innocent people on the road.
You Asked For It

Fort Collins, CO

#2 May 5, 2010
You ought to see how bad those jerks drive in that area. Where do they have to be in such a hurry? Dam yuppie geeks think they're all-powerful, let's see how cool they are once they're charged with vehicular manslaughter!
Shorty

Washington, DC

#3 May 5, 2010
It is a combination of stupid people. There are the ones the cars and texting, chatting, or just plain ole not paying attention. Then there are the overly agressive drivers that dart in and out of lanes without signaling. Add a few big rigs being cut off by said stupid people and there you have it.
sks

Kansas City, MO

#4 May 5, 2010
Good summary, Shorty!
who ever

Independence, MO

#5 May 5, 2010
You Asked For It wrote:
You ought to see how bad those jerks drive in that area. Where do they have to be in such a hurry? Dam yuppie geeks think they're all-powerful, let's see how cool they are once they're charged with vehicular manslaughter!
Dont post stuff like this unless you know what happend and who people are. A neighbor/friend of mine was in that accident today. And sorry no yuppies here in good old belton raymore peculiar area. thanks though. And im sorry the only one in that may have even been in a hurry was the semi truck driver who was at the back of this mess. All traffic was at a stand still already before the accident even happened all cars were stopped!!! So maybe next next time your in an accident i hope someone reminds u that "you asked for it"!!!!
concerned citizen

Kansas City, MO

#6 May 6, 2010
First everyone needs to slow down, especially the semi's. But the police need to patrol this highway more. And please stay off your cell phones and quit texting and pay attention to the roads. Modot needs to improve these roads also. More needs to be done to make it safer!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kansas City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Ha Hair 20,932
News Young Americans: Most see Trump as illegitimate... 7 hr jonjedi 744
Do hispanic woman like white men? (Jun '13) Mar 22 Honest is all I am 139
Drug Dealing on Streets (Aug '13) Mar 20 Joebee 43
News Young voters not keen on either political party Mar 19 Old Sam 1
Hallmark Youthcare of Kansas City (Valuemark Be... (Jul '12) Mar 17 Jared 3
News COURT UPHOLDS TED WHITE JUDGMENT: Lee's Summit ... (May '10) Mar 17 SearchingforJustice 62

Kansas City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kansas City Mortgages