Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“KC's Son got a Meal Ticket!”

Since: Sep 09

Now the basement is clean!

#64795 Sep 11, 2012
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sure he's referring to the cnn poll released today.
They story is on the drudge report.
(Note: it would be nice if you and "Garver" gave references -- especially links. Of course, I am aware that it is easier to just make up the "results" you desire.)

So, under the assumption that it WAS CNN, I went to the "Drudge Report," and came up with this 9/7/2012 - 9/9/2012 CNN poll:

Obama 50%, Romney 41%, Johnson (Libertarian) 4%, Stein (Green Party) 2%,[None] 1%

So we see that independents were in fact polled. Further, we see that Obama outpolled Romney by 9%. As a PERCENTAGE of the poll results (Obama / Romney), Obama outpolled Romney by 22%(50 divided by 41).

http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/pollingcenter/pol...
GOPs BAIN in theASS

United States

#64796 Sep 11, 2012
A look into the future: "Immediately after his spectacular landslide loss in November of 2012, Mitt Romney went into hiding.

He quickly sold all his assets in the U.S. at a hefty loss to hurriedly board a plane and flee the country.

His own party became his biggest and most vocal enemy. They derided Romney for not only having lost the elections, but to have cost them both houses. The lambasted Romney for his non-conservative roots, his record that was the complete opposite of his campaign retroric, his tax return issues, his selection of Paul Ryan, his flipflopping, his waffling, his pancaking, his banana breading, his lack of knowledge, his inability to engage the public, his needing his wife to hold his hand, his confused campaign, his lack of specificity, his too many houses, his mismatching ear lobes, his car elevators, his animosity toward canines, his dressing up horsies, his opposition to beer, his missteps, his having pulled down people's pants in college, his contradictions, his love of chocolates and bubble bath, and his snoring."

hahahahahahaha
GOPs BAIN in theASS

United States

#64797 Sep 11, 2012
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sure he's referring to the cnn poll released today.
They story is on the drudge report.
If Ryan thinks this is a stepping stone to the 2016 presidential election,
he should have a long talk with Sara PaIin.

hahahahaha
Truth Hurts

Brookfield, MO

#64798 Sep 11, 2012
Here ya go Dawg.

I would have posted the link earlier, but all that
was available was my phone.
Hope the link works.

http://www.examiner.com/article/mitt-romney-w...
GOPs BAIN in theASS

United States

#64799 Sep 11, 2012
WASHINGTON -- Mitt Romney and his team will be hit with a merciless barrage of friendly fire in the days after the November election if the presidential race continues its current trajectory and the carping from GOP analysts and strategists the past week is any guide.

"This is a gimme election, or at least it should be," said conservative talk show host Laura Ingraham on Monday. "If you can't beat Barack Obama with this record, then shut down the party. Shut it down. Start new, with new people."

Neither the conservative commentariat nor the base for which it sometimes speaks has ever been enamored of Romney, but the man who could hardly break 25 percent during primary season was chosen as the vehicle to drive Obama from office. With polls moving in the president's direction, the Romney campaign continuing to stumble, and Obama outraising Romney for the first time in months, conservatives are wondering if the lemon they bought is enough to finish the race.

The sluggishness comes just weeks after the conservative movement was brimming with hope over the selection of Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) to be the vice presidential nominee.

But the wished-for ideological battle has not fully materialized. With shaky poll numbers, the conservative thinking goes, let's at the very least go down with a fight. Invoking the specter of failed Democratic nominee Michael Dukakis, Bill Kristol of the Weekly Standard warned this week, "It's not enough to float like a butterfly. You have to sting like a bee. No sting, no victory."

John Podhoretz, writing in the New York Post, slammed the Romney campaign's tepid response to its tailspin. "The Romney campaign seems to have settled on an argument that Obama's poll strength is just a post-convention 'sugar high,' as its pollster Neil Newhouse said in a strikingly infelicitous memo," Podhoretz wrote. "It's interesting Newhouse hit on the dismissive description of a 'sugar high'-- because a sugar rush is what Romney's side needs."

“this is a dark ride”

Since: Aug 10

Earth

#64800 Sep 11, 2012
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
"Norton" is so much of a teetotaler that he only drinks grape juice at Communion.
He even thinks that Jesus turned water into grape juice.
(Personally, I think that Jesus turned water into wine. That is the one miracle Jesus performed which impresses me the most! I have tried to perform that miracle many times, but I can only do the trick backwards!_8-)
Thanks Dawg, that's the best laugh I've had in days!! I'll bet if you ask Norton, he can provide scripture to prove that Jesus had a can of Welch's in his robe.
GOPs BAIN in theASS

United States

#64801 Sep 11, 2012
Sheldon Adelson Stands To Get $2 Billion Tax Cut If Mitt Romney Is Elected

Adelson has vowed to spend as much as $100 million to help sway the 2012 election. According to a new report by Seth Hanlon, the director of fiscal reform at the Center for American Progress Action Fund, Adelson could turn that investment into a $2 billion tax cut if Romney is elected.
GOPs BAIN in theASS

United States

#64802 Sep 11, 2012
Truth Hurts wrote:
Here ya go Dawg.
Hope the link works.
WAKE UP AMERICA....WE HAVE MORE VOTES THAN THE 1%ERS
Truth Hurts

Brookfield, MO

#64803 Sep 11, 2012
Here you go Dawg, I would have put up a link but all that was available was my android.

GOPs BAIN in theASS

United States

#64804 Sep 11, 2012
The Conservatives want to take back America????

Maybe the America of the conquistadors, who brought ruthlessness, mercenary motives and deceit (not to mention infectious diseases) to the New World.

So true...so true!!!
GOPs BAIN in theASS

United States

#64805 Sep 11, 2012
Truth Hurts wrote:
Here you go Dawg, I would have put up a link but all that was available was my android.
Mitt Romney's campaign stands as much a chance as the chances of his money being banked here in the United States.

bada BAIN!!!!

#64806 Sep 11, 2012
The effect of Ron Paul's politics, incarnated in the form of Libertarian Gary Johnson, may be VERY IMPORTANT in the results of the Obama / Romney race.

Jake Horowitz, writing in "policymic" says that "According to the [recent CNN] poll, 3% of likely voters say they will vote for Johnson in November, and of registered voters, that number ticks upward slightly to 4% of the population. In an election that may only be decided by several percentage points total, that may have a real impact."

Horowitz notes that "The [CNN] poll finds that the inclusion of Johnson in the race hurts Republican candidate Mitt Romney more than President Obama. Obama leads 52% to 46% when he and Romney are the only two candidates in question, buy Romney's support goes down three percentage points with the inclusion of Johnson and Green Party candidate Jill Stein on the ticket. By contrast, Obama's support drops only one percentage point."

(Not only did the CNN poll include "independents," it also showed that the "independent candidates" may have a profound effect upon the results of the Nov. 6 election.)

http://www.policymic.com/articles/14548/ron-p...
GOPs BAIN in theASS

United States

#64807 Sep 11, 2012
World News
Russian President Vladimir Putin says a comment made by U.S. presidential candidate Mitt Romney have helped his country.
(AP) MOSCOW President Vladimir Putin says a comment made by U.S. presidential candidate Mitt Romney has made Russia feel justified in opposing America's missile defense plans in Europe.
The Republican challenger to President Barack Obama has branded Russia the "No. 1 geopolitical foe" of the United States.
Putin said Tuesday that statement shows Russia is right to criticize the U.S.-led NATO plan to place land- and sea-based radars and interceptors in several European locations. Washington says the shield is intended against a possible missile attack from Iran, but Moscow sees it as a threat to its security.
Putin said in remarks carried by Russian news wires that Romney's statement has "strengthened Russia's positions in talks on this important and sensitive subject," but added that he would work with Romney if he's elected.

#64808 Sep 11, 2012
Truth Hurts wrote:
Here ya go Dawg.
Hope the link works.
Thanks for the link, which states, "Unskewing this data to make up for the likely 25 percent under-sampling of independent voters shows the results are quite different."

Yeah, and as I just pointed out, considering the CNN results that Libertarian Gary Johnson may take 3 points away from Romney, and only 1 point away from Obama, the CNN results show Obama dropping from 50 to 49, and Romney dropping from 41 to 38, for a spread of 11 points with Johnson affecting election results.

GOPs BAIN in theASS

United States

#64809 Sep 11, 2012
Once again, Mitt demonstrates total incompetence when it comes to foreign policy.
GOPs BAIN in theASS

United States

#64810 Sep 11, 2012
Romney, working to make Bush look like a genius on foreign policy before he even gets to the debates. Well played!
GOPs BAIN in theASS

United States

#64811 Sep 11, 2012
Oh, cool, Romney should get 100 percent of the communist vote.

Romney...fine tuning those foreign policy credentials.

#64812 Sep 11, 2012
GOPs BAIN in theASS wrote:
Sheldon Adelson Stands To Get $2 Billion Tax Cut If Mitt Romney Is Elected
Adelson has vowed to spend as much as $100 million to help sway the 2012 election. According to a new report by Seth Hanlon, the director of fiscal reform at the Center for American Progress Action Fund, Adelson could turn that investment into a $2 billion tax cut if Romney is elected.
A 20-to-1 Return On Investment (ROI) ain't bad!
GOPs BAIN in theASS

United States

#64813 Sep 11, 2012
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the link, which states, "Unskewing this data to make up for the likely 25 percent under-sampling of independent voters shows the results are quite different."
Yeah, and as I just pointed out, considering the CNN results that Libertarian Gary Johnson may take 3 points away from Romney, and only 1 point away from Obama, the CNN results show Obama dropping from 50 to 49, and Romney dropping from 41 to 38, for a spread of 11 points with Johnson affecting election results.
What is that Sucking Sound?

That would be Mitt Romney's campaign going down the drain.

bada BAIN!!!!
GOPs BAIN in theASS

United States

#64814 Sep 11, 2012
As for Ryan-Romney You know it's bad when the foreign policy finesse of Sarah Palin looks good by contrast...hahahahahahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kansas City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 17 hr why 21,286
Dog patch Truman rd (Jun '11) Oct 15 Anonymous 7
I want to move to the Kansas City area. Oct 15 Anonymous 1
Are you in Pain? Hmu at 62-022-02269 for a hookup Oct 13 Kssooner 5
News Woman: ' - Raytown Romeo' conned me out of $9K ... (Apr '14) Oct 11 andanotherone 342
where can I score some h (Jan '16) Oct 11 In need of the boy 43
Boi plug Oct 9 In need of the boy 18

Kansas City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kansas City Mortgages