CAR ACCIDENT: 11-Month-Old Thrown fro...

CAR ACCIDENT: 11-Month-Old Thrown from Vehicle in One-Car Accident

There are 29 comments on the Fox4KC story from Aug 10, 2010, titled CAR ACCIDENT: 11-Month-Old Thrown from Vehicle in One-Car Accident. In it, Fox4KC reports that:

Two children were taken to an area hospital Tuesday night after an accident at 39th and Kensington in Kansas City, Mo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox4KC.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sks

Kansas City, MO

#1 Aug 11, 2010
i cannot believe that a mother would put her children in this danger. just goes to show you that people today think of no one but themselves....not even their own kids. shameful.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#2 Aug 11, 2010
this sounds so familiar to the accident wit the girl driving at a high rate of speed down troost and hit a beer truck and the baby and the other girl in the car died...i am really hoping the kids were strapped in and the 11 month old was in a car seat..praying for a speedy recovery...
anonymous

Jefferson City, MO

#3 Aug 11, 2010
My guess the baby was strapped in the car seat considering they said the baby only suffered from bumps and bruises. The carseat saved the baby's life. What a miracle.

As for the parents of the vehicle, they need to have the kids taken away from them and be put in jail. You are just flat out stupid for putting anybody in that kind of danger.
Mary

Kansas City, MO

#4 Aug 11, 2010
I find it hard to believe that the baby was properly secured in a car seat. Car seats if properly installed are very secure and unlikely to eject from the vehicle during an accident. I would say this is simply a case of negligence on the part of the 'parents' (I use that term loosely in this case).
johnson

Overland Park, KS

#5 Aug 11, 2010
The host went to jail and the sperm donor went to the hospital. Baby was apparently strapped in and the 11 year old skipped across the asphalt. Only in the hood.
Jaye

Stilwell, KS

#6 Aug 11, 2010
Stupid...........
Amber

Lenexa, KS

#7 Aug 11, 2010
Not wearing your seatbelt is SO gangsta :)
Holy Cat

United States

#8 Aug 11, 2010
sks wrote:
i cannot believe that a mother would put her children in this danger. just goes to show you that people today think of no one but themselves....not even their own kids. shameful.
I never stop being amazed at how mothers (and fathers) put their kids in danager. If you don't want to properly take care of them, then don't have them.
Holy Cat

United States

#9 Aug 11, 2010
johnson wrote:
The host went to jail and the sperm donor went to the hospital. Baby was apparently strapped in and the 11 year old skipped across the asphalt. Only in the hood.
This isn't something that would just happen in the "hood". I know plenty of good people from the hood who take very good care of their kids. Then I also know people living in Johnson county who should have their kids taken away.
Mags

United States

#10 Aug 11, 2010
Oh, I don't know Johnson. How about the Johnson Co. woman that was caught driving drunk with her kids in the vehicle? And this was after several other DUI's. Some of the most asinine drivers live in JOCO. In fact, Overland Park outranked KC AND KCK in the last "most dangerous places to drive" poll.

It is true that many of them are driving like idiots without kids in their vehicles, but only cause they can afford childcare. And then there's that little tidbit that, even though they're not endangering THEIR children, they're endangering OURS!

So, please...let's not jump to the conclusion that this was "hood" related. Stupid, yes. Preventable, absolutely. Racial/demographical, no!
im jus sayin

Leawood, KS

#11 Aug 11, 2010
Holy Cat wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't something that would just happen in the "hood". I know plenty of good people from the hood who take very good care of their kids. Then I also know people living in Johnson county who should have their kids taken away.
i agree, i have been ran off the road twice this year because of johnson county drivers...they all need to retake the driving test
voluptuous 1

Kansas City, MO

#12 Aug 11, 2010
Amber wrote:
Not wearing your seatbelt is SO gangsta :)
u need not to say anything else
Tia

Kansas City, MO

#13 Aug 11, 2010
Holy Cat wrote:
<quoted text>
i must agree with you 100% holy but if you are trying to make a point with johnson then leave it alone he has a one track mind that everything happens in the (hood) and nothing like this would ever occur in JOCO......
johnson

Overland Park, KS

#14 Aug 11, 2010
Tia wrote:
<quoted text> i must agree with you 100% holy but if you are trying to make a point with johnson then leave it alone he has a one track mind that everything happens in the (hood) and nothing like this would ever occur in JOCO......
That's not true Tia, Olathe is part of JOCO and the Mexicans do their part. Then there are the KCMO and KCK hood thugs that migrate over and commit crime in JOCO. I estimate 70% of JOCO crime is from these three groups. Go look at the JOCO blotter and see for yourself. You will see a lot of mugshots and names that look similar.

http://www.jocosheriff.org/br/
Mags

United States

#15 Aug 11, 2010
Johnson, I am white...hear me roar!

This topic isn't about crime, per se. It's about a mother's inability to drive & endangering her children in the process, or anyone else for that matter.

Let's compare car ownership amongst the elite, middle class, working poor & the destitute. While crime may be higer amongst the latter two, car ownership is much, much lower. That said, it is more likely that a JOCO woman will kill their child while driving like a bat out of a Thai cave, than it would be for a JACO black woman.

Your argument has no basis, dude!
Tia

Kansas City, MO

#16 Aug 11, 2010
johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true Tia, Olathe is part of JOCO and the Mexicans do their part. Then there are the KCMO and KCK hood thugs that migrate over and commit crime in JOCO. I estimate 70% of JOCO crime is from these three groups. Go look at the JOCO blotter and see for yourself. You will see a lot of mugshots and names that look similar.
http://www.jocosheriff.org/br/
Oh my (johnson) i see you are @ it again you never let me down with the things you post so what your'e saying is people in JOCO don't drive drunk,recklessly,ignorant nor speed with there kids in the vehicle this only happens in the hood so you say or according to your research.
Tia

Kansas City, MO

#17 Aug 11, 2010
Mags wrote:
This topic isn't about crime, per se. It's about a mother's inability to drive & endangering her children in the process, or anyone else for that matter.
Let's compare car ownership amongst the elite, middle class, working poor & the destitute. While crime may be higer amongst the latter two, car ownership is much, much lower. That said, it is more likely that a JOCO woman will kill their child while driving like a bat out of a Thai cave, than it would be for a JACO black woman.
let it go it's no use going there with him (johnson) never ending
let it go it's no use going there with him (johnson) never ending
Mags

United States

#18 Aug 11, 2010
But Tia, I'm bored! <Mags pouts>
lifelong kc resident

Lees Summit, MO

#19 Aug 11, 2010
black kids are less likely to wear a seatbelt. google it.
johnson

Overland Park, KS

#20 Aug 11, 2010
Mags wrote:
Mags,
The odds of being killed by driveby gang bangers in the hoods of the KCMF are far greater than getting hurt by any of us JOCO drivers. So you have a basis for arguement, the homicide/automobile casualty rate in JOCO is ten times less in JOCO minimum. That's one for every ten in the hood. Then when you look at how many of the JOCO homicides are committed by KCK/MO thugs, wow.

By the way, this article is about whatever anyone wants to make it. I choose to take every opportunity I can in reminding the good cityizens in KCMO they need to do something about their ghetto areas. Do you really enjoy picking up the paper every single morning and reading about the crap in this hell hole? How do you think that affects KC's possibilities for economic growth? You won't see companies moving here with this ghetto activity. Kansas City is going/gone down the toilet and the cause is VERY obvious.

Hey Tia, put that in your crack pipe and smoke it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kansas City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where can I score some h Jun 29 ManhattanKS 11
Do hispanic woman like white men? (Jun '13) Jun 26 White woman are stds 112
News Children's Mercy Hospital Honored for Combating... Jun 25 Nmc 2
News Woman: ' - Raytown Romeo' conned me out of $9K ... (Apr '14) Jun 24 Really 307
News Metro OKs long-range plan; voters to eye Prop A... (Feb '10) Jun 23 White Chick 29
News Program Gets Free Air Conditioners Into Homes o... (Jul '10) Jun 22 Babygirl0848 36
Gangstalking in Kansas City, MO (Oct '11) Jun 21 Golden Cloud 32

Kansas City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kansas City Mortgages