Police arrest boyfriend of woman accused of barricading daughter in closet

There are 20 comments on the Jul 21, 2012, The Kansas City Star story titled Police arrest boyfriend of woman accused of barricading daughter in closet. In it, The Kansas City Star reports that:

Police have arrested Marcus R. Benson, the man police say is the boyfriend of the woman accused of barricading her 10-year-old malnourished daughter in an apartment closet.Benson was arrested about 8 p.m. Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Kansas City Star.

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#1 Jul 21, 2012
Put them both in supermax for a long time.
Storm Warning

Tomah, WI

#2 Jul 21, 2012
he would be better off if we hnng him

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#3 Jul 21, 2012
thought the rumor is: he already was

“I like women Short or Tall”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#4 Jul 21, 2012
If he knew lock him up to think about it for a long time with a shrink

Spotted World

#5 Jul 21, 2012
I wondered if this was one of those weird racist type cases where a man of one race sought out a woman of another race to harm/kill her kids to assert "dominance" and force her to carry his children. I've read of a handful of those, and they are always sickening. Racism and "ethnic cleansing" in ANY direction is wrong. That is most certainly not the situation here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/24/jaco...

http://www.theweeklyvice.com/2012/06/jacole-p...

This is the second story I've read about concealing children to cover up crimes. The first I remember was about a parent who killed one child, either by a negligent accident or discipline gone seriously wrong. They kept their living child locked in the basement. Concerned people and teachers would call social services and let them know they hadn't seen the children. The parents would tell the authorities that their children were with relatives. The relatives would tell authorities that they hadn't seen them and that the parents had them. It turned out that one was dead and the other was hidden in an attempt to conceal the death. The sad thing in that situation was that social workers had been out to that house while both boys were alive, and that it took authorities two years after the one died to even suspect anything was wrong.
Jim

Ozark, MO

#6 Jul 21, 2012
Death Penalty

“Jody”

Location hidden

#7 Jul 21, 2012
No way he could have been innocent of knowing the abuse was occurring. Knowing is helping.

Spotted World

#8 Jul 21, 2012
off the trail wrote:
No way he could have been innocent of knowing the abuse was occurring. Knowing is helping.
That is what I sometimes say - silence is complicity.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#9 Jul 26, 2012
I will not believe that he doesn’t know anything about the abuse. He is thinking that the cops are fools to believe his story. These kinds of guys should be treated severely and according to me death penalty is the best punishment for him. Nowadays young children are getting in to trouble and their entire life is getting spoiled because of this criminals.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#10 Jul 26, 2012
smithdennis wrote:
I will not believe that he doesn’t know anything about the abuse. He is thinking that the cops are fools to believe his story. These kinds of guys should be treated severely and according to me death penalty is the best punishment for him. Nowadays young children are getting in to trouble and their entire life is getting spoiled because of this criminals.
not to mention MOM/POP

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#11 Jul 26, 2012
I guess you could say that I am a hawk. I think we spend too much $ on criminals who will never get out. Why?

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#12 Jul 26, 2012
quilterqueen wrote:
I guess you could say that I am a hawk. I think we spend too much $ on criminals who will never get out. Why?
tax write off

“My latest victim”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#13 Jul 26, 2012
smithdennis wrote:
He knew. He has two children with the woman that were not abused ... the 10 year old's half sisters.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story...

“Jody”

Location hidden

#14 Jul 26, 2012
NeverMissed wrote:
<quoted text>
He knew. He has two children with the woman that were not abused ... the 10 year old's half sisters.
http://abcnews.go.com/m/story...
Except, we must make no exception of abuse on these two children either. You can be those kids knew their sister was being locked in that closet. Knowing it certainly caused emotional abuse and damage to the poor kids as well.

It's like reading "A Boy Called It" and the sequels. No child in an abusive household escapes harm free.

“My latest victim”

Location hidden

#15 Jul 26, 2012
off the trail wrote:
<quoted text>
Except, we must make no exception of abuse on these two children either. You can be those kids knew their sister was being locked in that closet. Knowing it certainly caused emotional abuse and damage to the poor kids as well.
It's like reading "A Boy Called It" and the sequels. No child in an abusive household escapes harm free.
Did you read his other books as well. Him as a teen then as an adult.

“Jody”

Location hidden

#16 Jul 26, 2012
NeverMissed wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read his other books as well. Him as a teen then as an adult.
Yes I did, kept the books too, have them loaned out right now. Usually I donate all books to the community but I'm saving these books.

“My latest victim”

Location hidden

#17 Jul 26, 2012
off the trail wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I did, kept the books too, have them loaned out right now. Usually I donate all books to the community but I'm saving these books.
Me too. Also I know my name is Steven. His life ended too soon.
Jim

Euless, TX

#18 Jul 27, 2012
What's wrong with locking your kid on the closet? Use some duct tape to keep them quiet and you've got the cheapest babysitter money can buy. I have yet to hear my kids complain about it.

“look up and laugh”

Since: Jun 08

guess, where

#19 Sep 28, 2012
what is wrong with a woman who cares more about a man she is not married to more than her child and why does whe go off and trust some lazy non working man to watch her child while she works. Treasure your child folks and never hurt them. If you have problems seek professional help.
Papal Discretion

Medford, NY

#20 Sep 28, 2012
Jim wrote:
What's wrong with locking your kid on the closet? Use some duct tape to keep them quiet and you've got the cheapest babysitter money can buy. I have yet to hear my kids complain about it.
Hey, are you that bible-thumping Jim from the other thread? I figured as much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kansas City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Call Me Juan 19,855
Do hispanic woman like white men? (Jun '13) Sun Sandy 67
Need herbs? Apr 24 Matty 1
News Maxim Crane Works fined $14,000 for violations ... (Sep '08) Apr 22 Paddy 18
Need some bud asap! Apr 21 KyCountryBoy 1
girls that wants to get laid in kc Apr 20 YoungBull 2
News Missouri attorney sues Mayo Clinic for malpractice (Mar '09) Apr 16 yoho 29
More from around the web

Kansas City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]