One Dead In Crossover Accident on 152...

One Dead In Crossover Accident on 152 Highway

There are 20 comments on the Fox4KC story from Feb 8, 2010, titled One Dead In Crossover Accident on 152 Highway. In it, Fox4KC reports that:

One person was killed in a crossover accident at 152 Hwy & N. Green Hills on Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox4KC.

Bear

Aurora, MO

#1 Feb 8, 2010
Driving TOO FAST under these roas conditions. When are people going to get a grash of some common sense?
Aaron

Kansas City, MO

#2 Feb 8, 2010
I passed by the accident after it happened.. The suv was 4x4.. We were going 45 the whole way down 152 before and after the wreck... The collision of going through the median and sent the car up the hill destroyed had to have been going 75-80 to have that much force to do that.. Just killed a 5 months dad.. Sad..
overhill

Chesnee, SC

#3 Feb 8, 2010
People need to slow down they drive 90mph, no matter what. It's just stupid driving.
Laura

Kansas City, KS

#4 Feb 8, 2010
I passed by the wreck on my way home today. I drive 152 every day to and from work and I have always wondered why there aren't guard cables to prevent crossovers. It's a shame that something so tragic has to happen to get people to see this.
Sherri

Kansas City, MO

#5 Feb 8, 2010
God bless all involved along with their families.
Jackie

Overland Park, KS

#6 Feb 8, 2010
It's so sad what happened today. I take 152 everyday, and I too can not believe there are not guard cables to prevent crossovers. This needs to be done! My thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved today, and their families.
SJH

Overland Park, KS

#7 Feb 8, 2010
I live off this exit and passed the scene going and coming from picking the kids up and people drive too fast here all the time and even under these conditions. It is so very sad a life was lost under stupidity.
Eric

Shawnee, KS

#8 Feb 8, 2010
That's horrible. It just makes you think. That could have been anyone in the car. People need to pay more attention. Think about the consequences more often.
Jacki

Overland Park, KS

#9 Feb 8, 2010
This is very sad that anything like this happens and probably could've been prevented if people would drive according to the weather and not fly down 152.(or anywhere else for that matter)
This is exactly what I try to tell my kids when they drive, pay attention, it's not necessarily you driving, but the other drivers I worry about.
lmygrl

Overland Park, KS

#10 Feb 8, 2010
First of all I think that people are jumping to conclusions you dont know what happened. Who is to say that speeding was involved. How do you know that there was no health problems that caused this, or it could be weather related but think of one thing and that is to vehicles going 50 mph each, when they hit....normally there is some sort of injury orpossible death. All I have to say is dont jump to conclusions. Yes it is sad that a life was taken but NO ONE KNOWS WHY!!!
scd

Lees Summit, MO

#11 Feb 8, 2010
Sounds like a typical SUV driver thinking the laws od physics don't apply to them.
Winders Family

Kansas City, MO

#12 Feb 9, 2010
We are so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family...especially his children. Our children play baseball together and a baseball team is like family. He will be missed.

Winders #1
rab

Morton Grove, IL

#13 Feb 9, 2010
This is very sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
There has been several accidents on this road this winter with people in the median. We NEED some kind of road link between the lanes so this does not occur again.
Park University

Kansas City, MO

#14 Feb 9, 2010
The 45-year-old who died was the father of the child...he turns 5-month today...he was born on Sept 9 last year...the wife of the victim was in my class. The last time i saw her with the baby...she seemed so cheerful and happy that it breaks my heart to even imagine tear in her face...
Ipoet

Blue Springs, MO

#15 Feb 10, 2010
To: imygirl

People do know what happened! There were numerous witnesses reporting that the vehicle in question was traveling at an extremely high rate of speed. Too high to be safe on even good roads, let alone the conditions that existed at the time. People can jump to conclusions, but not in this case.
lmygrl

Overland Park, KS

#16 Feb 10, 2010
Ipoet wrote:
To: imygirl
People do know what happened! There were numerous witnesses reporting that the vehicle in question was traveling at an extremely high rate of speed. Too high to be safe on even good roads, let alone the conditions that existed at the time. People can jump to conclusions, but not in this case.
Just a FYI you will soon hopefully find out who the person was driving the SUV! So you are telling me that there were enough witnesses to tell how fast the driver of the SUV was going? How do you know that the other driver wasnt speeding as well?? My condullances go out to the family of the car but we need to look at the hole picture and see the person that was driving!! You are all for the witnesses, were you aware that one of the people that seen the wreck was the driver of the SUV's wife???
Very sad

Kansas City, MO

#17 Feb 10, 2010
I wonder where some of these people get their information? I have read the news reports and heard all of them, and haven't heard anyone say their were lots of witnesses saying that the SUV driver was speeding. My heart goes out to the family who lost a dear loved one, and my heart goes out to the driver of the SUV. I know him personally, and he did would never, in a million years, intentionally hurt someone. My prayers are with all those involved.
Beth

Independence, MO

#18 Feb 10, 2010
I'm so sorry for this families loss. I'm also so very sorry for the person who was driving the SUV. So many of the posts have been kind but many of you have been horrible. A family member of mine was in a crossover accident last year....a precious passenger was killed. We have been blessed to be able to mourn with the family of the victim. After a thorough investigation by the MSHT there were no charges brought. No speeding, texting, talking or drugs involved. Sometimes a tragic accident is just that.....a tragic accident. Horrific and life changing for everyone involved. Each person involved is in their own living hell right now...have some compassion people, please.
Melanie

Kansas City, MO

#19 Feb 11, 2010
I would just like to say thanks to everyone who is praying for the families. If you think that driving to fast was a factor I would have to inform you that you are wrong. The man that crossed over into the oncoming traffic was my best friends brother. He was following his wife home from work. He is a cop and one of the safest drivers I know so please do not say it was all his fault. He is in a very stressful mood and feels awful about killing that man and he will need therapy. So please think of it from his point of view.
Caring

Kansas City, MO

#20 Feb 18, 2010
Does anybody know the name of the man killed in this fatality?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kansas City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr Another Black kil... 20,184
Swingers (Jul '09) Sat Dancer173 35
News Maxim Crane Works fined $14,000 for violations ... (Sep '08) Apr 28 IUOE 20
News Woman Jumps Off Chouteau Bridge (May '10) Apr 28 Suicidal 5
The File Family Apr 27 Myloujack 1
Is This What God Purposed? (Jul '09) Apr 26 mop it 45
Please help. looking for Noah Apr 22 Blonde girl 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kansas City Mortgages