Charges filed in shooting

Charges filed in shooting

There are 290 comments on the Kansas City Star story from Mar 18, 2007, titled Charges filed in shooting. In it, Kansas City Star reports that:

Platte County prosecutors filed a first-degree murder charge Saturday against Webber Douglas Gilmer, 54, of Kansas City, in the shooting death Friday of Brian S. Harrell, 28, in the 8200 block of North Everton.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas City Star.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Burn

Nashville, TN

#1 Mar 18, 2007
He should fry for taking the life of such a wonderful father!
Tracy

Portland, TX

#2 Mar 22, 2007
I can't believe this man has such rage over money. His mug shot shows a scary look in his eyes. I pray that he can find Jesus through this. Brian was a great man and he was very needed by his family.
Micah

Pilot Grove, MO

#3 Mar 22, 2007
Brian was known to many, to be murdered in such a way is unforgiveable. I've never met his wife & children but I know he was loved. Brian could be funny, serious, or even stuck-up, but that's what made him a beautiful person inside. He will be missed by those who knew him. My prayers and thoughts go out to his family.
A friend

Nashville, TN

#4 Mar 28, 2007
It is hard to believe it WAS just money. There should never be any rushes to judgment when a wonderful life was taken by a worthless human like gilmer.
Carol

Kansas City, MO

#5 Apr 6, 2007
Burn wrote:
He should fry for taking the life of such a wonderful father!
Why are you saying a thing like this. Is it because Gilmer is black and Brian is white. Everyone is sufferings because of this awful situation!
Concerned

United States

#6 Apr 17, 2007
Carol wrote:
<quoted text> Why are you saying a thing like this. Is it because Gilmer is black and Brian is white. Everyone is sufferings because of this awful situation!
It has nothing to do with race, but what matters is that he committed the most evil of crimes in taking another persons life. He murdered Brian, shooting an unarmed man 4 times, and Douglas will be judged. Brian will never hold his children because of the pure evil Douglas chose to unleash on Brian and everyone who knew Brian, over something so insignificant!!
Brians knees Nicky

Edmond, OK

#7 Apr 19, 2007
Brian was such a wonderful Guy. He was known by so many people. His little girl Haylee, Heard the song that Tommy wrote for Brian and started to cry and said my daddy is dead. then she got up put her chin up and said " My Daddy is not dead He is walking on those streets of gold and God is making him a big mansion and when Me and Cammi die we will live in that big mansion with no bad people that want to hurt my daddyans we will live there forever. While in the mean time Cameron the youngest went to all of his 10 cousins and said my daddy is walking on streets of gold.( Cameron is only 2 While the little Girl is 4 )
JAKE

Belleville, IL

#8 Apr 25, 2007
If Brian was such a good person, why did he break in to get his wifes' things. You don't do this unless you want trouble.
sarah

Belleville, IL

#9 Apr 25, 2007
Sound like this is a pattern for Brian and his wife. Sounds to me like they have a problem with stability/and paying their rent.
Bham

Birmingham, AL

#10 Apr 30, 2007
JAKE wrote:
If Brian was such a good person, why did he break in to get his wifes' things. You don't do this unless you want trouble.
You don't murder someone and not go to hell.
Bham

Birmingham, AL

#11 Apr 30, 2007
sarah wrote:
Sound like this is a pattern for Brian and his wife. Sounds to me like they have a problem with stability/and paying their rent.
What did you see in this case that showed a patttern
for Brian and his wife. You must be related to this nut case or just get kicks by posting stupid remarks about people you don't know. Either way you seem to have troubles of your own. If there was a pattern developing it was with Gilmer.
GILMER HAS
CRIMINAL HISTORY
Gilmer had apparently held his teaching position with the Kansas City Missouri School District even though he was on probation from the domestic case in Johnson County, Ks. The Landmark searched court records in Johnson County and discovered Gilmer had been placed on 12 months probation last May for violating an order of protection in a case involving a domestic dispute.
Gilmer was found guilty, ordered to serve the 12 months of probation and assessed court costs and domestic violence program fees.
As of Tuesday, at least some Kansas City Missouri School District officials seemed unaware of Gilmer's latest trouble with the law.
law101

Scarborough, ME

#12 May 2, 2007
In case some of you didnt read the artical, the police told both Brandi and Brian to leave the property earlier in the day. How do you expect Mr. Gilmer to protect his property??? If Brandi had obeyed the restraining order, her husband and father of her children would still be here. She is the one that should be in jail.
Bham

Birmingham, AL

#13 May 2, 2007
law101 wrote:
In case some of you didnt read the artical, the police told both Brandi and Brian to leave the property earlier in the day. How do you expect Mr. Gilmer to protect his property??? If Brandi had obeyed the restraining order, her husband and father of her children would still be here. She is the one that should be in jail.
Let's see he can protect his property by calling the police back. It's not like they were stealing his stuff. They were collecting their things. This coment is coming from someone that thinks murderers are inocent and people that don't obey restraining orders should go to jail. Well Brians in heaven and Gilmers in _______???Answer that question.
A friend

Nashville, TN

#14 May 2, 2007
law101 wrote:
In case you don't know what really happened that day, the police told Brian and Brandi they couldn't force gilmer to let them in, but also couldn't tell them not to collect their things. The bottom line is that Gilmer stepped up and opened fire on an unarmed man. Sounds like a pitiful coward to me! If he truly was protecting his property. Couldnt he have handled this situation with his hands? All he would have gotten was a quick ass kickin! Now he is in jail and a "kickin" is not what his ass will be taking from now on!
A friend

Nashville, TN

#15 May 2, 2007
JAKE wrote:
First off, Brian was a great person and you should look in the mirror and ask yourself what kind of person you are for saying that. Two small children lost their father to a thug that decided before even pulling a gun that he was going to kill someone.( he called 911 to tell them he was going to kill someone) Premeditation is the only word that comes to mind. Trouble? Ha Trouble is the last thing he wanted. All he wanted was to get Brandi and the kids closer to him so he could raise his babies in a loving environment. Now he can't because of the scum bag YOU are standing up for. You should ask yourself again. What kind of person am I? Its your kind of ignorance that breeds the Webber D. Gilmers of the world.
A friend

Nashville, TN

#16 May 2, 2007
sarah wrote:
Sounds like the only pattern I know of is the one of ignorance coming out of IL.
A friend

Nashville, TN

#17 May 2, 2007
Carol wrote:
<quoted text> Why are you saying a thing like this. Is it because Gilmer is black and Brian is white. Everyone is sufferings because of this awful situation!
Why does it have to be black and white? It's because of this stupidity that the world is still unequal. Do you feel like people treat you different for your color? Whatever it may be? If so get over it so we can all move on being equal. White, Black, Pink, or Purple the man should FRY for what he did! Put the blame on the one who pulled the trigger 4 times, not on the color of the man who was murdered!
Matt

Skiatook, OK

#18 May 2, 2007
Bham wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see he can protect his property by calling the police back. It's not like they were stealing his stuff. They were collecting their things. This coment is coming from someone that thinks murderers are inocent and people that don't obey restraining orders should go to jail. Well Brians in heaven and Gilmers in _______???Answer that question.
The reason that the police asked Brian, Brandi, and John to leave is because the police were fearful for The Harrell family's safety. In addition to that, the police told The Harrell's that they had EVERY right to their belongings in the property. Gilmer was acting like an uncaged monkey because he knew that he was in the wrong. The police thought that Gilmer would calm down. Not the case. Now we will find out what years of being caged up will do to that monkey.
Matt

Skiatook, OK

#19 May 2, 2007
Bham wrote:
<quoted text>
Brian and Brandi had every right to get their belongings. The police told Gilmer this! The police suggested that The Harrel's leave for a while while Gilmer would calm down. He was acting like an uncaged monkey! Needless to say this worthless piece of flesh did not calm down. Now we will see what years of being locked in a cage will do to do this monkey.
Matt

Skiatook, OK

#20 May 2, 2007
Brian and Brandi had every right to get their belongings. The police told Gilmer this! The police suggested that The Harrel's leave for a while while Gilmer would calm down. He was acting like an uncaged monkey! Needless to say this worthless piece of flesh did not calm down. Now we will see what years of being locked in a cage will do to do this monkey.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kansas City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 min Mexico 21,184
News Independence Mo., Church Raided, Man Arrested o... (Jan '10) 16 hr Holly lane 368
Drug Dealing on Streets (Aug '13) Wed Frickin frick 75
Screw the NFL Tue Tolerman 2
Need some help studying? I can help Sep 16 BEWARE 4
Review: Fisher Decks & Fences (Aug '13) Sep 14 Scott 6
Rodney Brandenburg Sep 13 SammyJo 1

Kansas City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kansas City Mortgages