Injured Father Informs Police of Daughter's Murder-Suicide

Full story: Fox4KC 44
Two people are dead in what police are calling a murder-suicide. The incident happened around 10 p.m. Wednesday, March 31, in the small northwestern town of Lawson, Mo. Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wise old man

Kansas City, MO

#1 Apr 1, 2010
Terribly sad for all involved ... if only we all could think in the best interest of the children and let the rest go ...
Joann

Olathe, KS

#2 Apr 1, 2010
So sad
LawsonMomma89

Leavenworth, KS

#3 Apr 1, 2010
We miss you. You will forever be in our hearts. It will not be the same with out you. We will all watch over your family and son, just as you are doing from above. I know that God called you to his home. But it was to early and a horrible way. We love you!
Tammy

Clinton, IA

#4 Apr 1, 2010
This is a sad story and a scary one - especially because it happened in a community not far from home. The things that we do as parents sometimes frightens me. This father never had the best interest of his child in mind. If he had he would have never taken this young man's mother from him. So sad this type of thing has now occurred so close to my home. And many say it doesn't happen in small towns...... :(
sad

Overland Park, KS

#5 Apr 1, 2010
I think everyone who comes back from Iraq should be evaluated! They go through some hard stuff over there that can mess them up...then they come back and things like this happen. I feel horrible for the family...they are all in my thoughts.
Sarah Jackson

United States

#6 Apr 1, 2010
We had goodtimes in highschool Michelle and I'm so sorry you won't be here physically to watch your baby grow up but, I know you are watching over from above! We all will miss you and we all will do what we can to make sure your lil one will have a good life! I love you Michelle as we all do!
Mystery

Columbia, MO

#7 Apr 1, 2010
My thought go out to the family! I agree with wat the others say, people say murders and crimes don't happen in small towns! Well there wrong!
LawsonMomma89

Leavenworth, KS

#12 Apr 1, 2010
We will be having a candle light service tonite at 730pm. We will also be trying to raise money for the family.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#13 Apr 1, 2010
LawsonMomma89 -- Where will the candlelight service be tonight?
Jamie

United States

#14 Apr 1, 2010
Yes. Candle light vigil at Lawson park tonight at 730. We will miss you so much Michelle. All my love.
Thelma

Excelsior Springs, MO

#15 Apr 1, 2010
Dear Banning family, please know our hearts are breaking and you are constantly in our prayers. Sending our love, Paul and Thelma
LawsonMomma89

Leavenworth, KS

#16 Apr 1, 2010
Yes at the Lawson Park
Sosure

Omaha, NE

#17 Apr 1, 2010
The federal government has failed our veterans.They can print all that money and let the banks pocket it.They can print all that money for bridges and highways.Change that obama and print some money for the people that have sacrificed their lives in so many ways. You won't get them help through the VA hospitals and you won't provide them with shelter. They stand out on these corners and all you do is degrade them. What have you really done for this country lately or even at all.It is a crying shame why would anyone want to serve.Before they reunite with their families why don't they undergo some type of treatment for reintroduction into society.We all know that war is hell. So sad.
MO Mom

Madison, WI

#18 Apr 1, 2010
I will be keeping the Banning and Caton families in my prayers. Such a tragedy. Both families are hurting and have lost so much. God bless the innocent child as well.
Abbie

United States

#19 Apr 1, 2010
I feel horrible about this but there is something very wrong with this. I hear that war is a heavy burden on people. And has many effects on the those that have to kill people and see what they see. Speaking as an outsider, there may not have been a history of DV but there was obviously something going on for them to be having a custody battle. Why would she have to leave? Cheating? DV? I am interested to hear the whole story.
Abbie

United States

#20 Apr 1, 2010
I would also like to say I'm sorry to those who are involved in this situation.
smw

Olathe, KS

#21 Apr 1, 2010
Me and my family would like to make a donation to the Banning family and Maxwell Caton, I've been lookin online to see where I could do that, but have not found a link. How might we be able to do this?

My thoughts and Prayers go out to the Caton/Banning family. Michelle was a great girl with a beautiful baby boy. You will be missed.
Anon

Columbia, MO

#22 Apr 1, 2010
As a close friend to the family I can say that not all of these "facts" are indeed facts.
Alex was not in Iraq but in Afghanistan.
Dale was only shot once.
They had not separated. Michelle was here for a family event.
There was no "custody" dispute.
Regardless of the "facts" it is a complete shock and a horrible tragedy.
Valerie

United States

#23 Apr 1, 2010
We are going to have a community prayer service at 7pm at the Lawson city park! Lawson is a very close town where either people are relatives,or they have grew up around one another their whole life! We want to get together and pray for the families involved and the whole community!!
Jamie

United States

#24 Apr 1, 2010
smw wrote:
Me and my family would like to make a donation to the Banning family and Maxwell Caton, I've been lookin online to see where I could do that, but have not found a link. How might we be able to do this?
My thoughts and Prayers go out to the Caton/Banning family. Michelle was a great girl with a beautiful baby boy. You will be missed.
if you can come to the vigil tonight at 730 at the park in Lawson there will be people collecting for the banning family. If you can't make it, just hold onto your donation and I will try to find out some info on other ways to make it. Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kansas City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 min TOASTER 19,731
Best Place to get laid? (Nov '11) 10 hr curiouscat 34
Do hispanic woman like white men? (Jun '13) 12 hr somewhiteguy 61
coco keys Mar 28 hdan 1
News Woman: ' - Raytown Romeo' conned me out of $9K ... (Apr '14) Mar 27 get over it 42
priscilla m coureton Mar 26 INDIANGURL68 1
I hate kansas city, missouri (Jun '10) Mar 26 zzSup 163
Kansas City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Kansas City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]