Akin repeatedly arrested at 1985 abortion protests

There are 10 comments on the Springfield News-Leader story from Oct 24, 2012, titled Akin repeatedly arrested at 1985 abortion protests. In it, Springfield News-Leader reports that:

Missouri Senate candidate Todd Akin was repeatedly arrested during anti-abortion protests in the 1980s, including at least once when police had to carry him away, a newspaper reported Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Springfield News-Leader.

LMAO

El Paso, TX

#1 Oct 24, 2012
Martin Luther King, Gandhi and even 'Hanoi Jane' Fonda were arrested for Civil Disobedience.
Did Akin ever 'double-park' in front of an orphanage or tear the 'do not remove' tag off of a mattress.?.?.those are the REAL issues in this election.
Voting Third Party

AOL

#3 Oct 26, 2012
Akin is as bright as a potato compared to MLK, Gandi. The guy just believes birth control and IUD's kill babies and a female rape victim's body can magically turn off conception. What's next outlaw wet dreams because the death of a sperm is MURDER? If it is I've killed billions. What other off the wall things does he believe and why in God's name are so many people afraid to get rid of the most uniformed idiotic US congress members the world has ever seen?

This sort of thinking is right out there with the Old Testament idea that a woman who is raped should be put to death if they can't get 10 men to testify the woman was really raped. Are we trying to form a westernized version of the Taliban?

I am utterly ashamed of what the Republican party has become. Using gestapo propaganda tactics and dirty tricks instead of finding candidates worthy of our support and trust. I never thought I'd live to see this.
http://www.care2.com/causes/international-obs...

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/...
LMAO

El Paso, TX

#4 Oct 26, 2012
I thought the topic was about him being arrested for trespassing at a protest.
Sorry that our ashamed of getting off topic.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#5 Oct 29, 2012
The Republican's stand on women's issues is assuring Obama's re-election! Burkas anyone?
Scott

United States

#6 Oct 29, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
The Republican's stand on women's issues is assuring Obama's re-election! Burkas anyone?
No it's not. Despite how hard Democrats have tried to make it about that and not Obama's failed record on the economy, or his constant lying, coverups, and everything else, it hasn't worked. The only ones who are acting like it's an issue are Liberals who were going to vote for Obama anyone. It has done nothing but show the desperation of the Liberal left.

Sandra Fluke last week did an appreance for Obama and a whooping 10 people showed up. That is how well this imaginary war on women has worked.
Uncle Lulu

Kansas City, MO

#7 Oct 30, 2012
Dig that Todd Akin!

“ABORTION KILLS A HUMAN BEING”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#8 Oct 30, 2012
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not. Despite how hard Democrats have tried to make it about that and not Obama's failed record on the economy, or his constant lying, coverups, and everything else, it hasn't worked. The only ones who are acting like it's an issue are Liberals who were going to vote for Obama anyone. It has done nothing but show the desperation of the Liberal left.
Sandra Fluke last week did an appreance for Obama and a whooping 10 people showed up. That is how well this imaginary war on women has worked.
Agreed!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#9 Oct 31, 2012
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't guess you've seen the" Republican for Obama" bumper stickers in traffic yet?

“ABORTION KILLS A HUMAN BEING”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#10 Oct 31, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>Don't guess you've seen the" Republican for Obama" bumper stickers in traffic yet?
I've not seen one of those, but my Romney Ryan sticker is on my car window! Wouldn't want anyone to think even for a second that I might be an obamabot!
Ocean56

AOL

#11 Nov 1, 2012
Scott wrote:
No it's not. Despite how hard Democrats have tried to make it about that and not Obama's failed record on the economy, or his constant lying, coverups, and everything else, it hasn't worked.
You mean ROMNEY's lies and everything else he's tried to do hasn't worked, not for Romney anyway. You can spin nonsense about how "good" Romney is all you want. I don't buy what Romney's trying so desperately to sell to voters, and I will never trust him.

So I'll VOTE FOR PRESIDENT OBAMA on November 6th. Whine about that all you like. There's no way you can stop ME from voting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kansas City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Main Smoke Shop & Gift 1 hr James 1
Review: Relax Smoke Shop 1 hr Adam78 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Bam 19,924
Does anyone know a Riley? Sun Ryndael 1
good time Sat jax 1
I hate kansas city, missouri (Jun '10) Sat sincere honest guy 165
Missing Links MC (Oct '10) Fri Fastboyfritz 203
More from around the web

Kansas City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]