Tsunami maps to show new evacuation z...

Tsunami maps to show new evacuation zones

There are 2 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jul 11, 2010, titled Tsunami maps to show new evacuation zones. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Oahu's tsunami evacuation maps will be updated for the first time in 19 years, in response to updated ocean-floor data.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Blow hard

Honolulu, HI

#1 Jul 12, 2010
It's about time. What did they do? Just moved it in by one inch on the map?
Mokapu

San Diego, CA

#2 Jul 19, 2010
Response to "Blow Hard -....what did they do? just moved it in by one inch on the map?"

...I was thinking on the same lines. Was'nt Kailua Town under water (ocean)- long time ago? My husband grew up on Oneawa Street and remembered his dad saying that he had "hit sand and coral" whenever he would dig a hole in the yard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kaneohe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Parking lot remodel and construction fence arou... Feb 22 JE interested 1
News Signs of Hawaiian Life in the Universe (May '07) Jan '17 White Supremacist 433
News The Latest: Obama kicks off New Year's Eve on g... Jan '17 Pope Closet Emeritus 29
Small Family Looking for Summer Rental Home Jan '17 Priscilla 1
News The Latest: Obama kicks off New Year's Eve on g... Jan '17 Cordwainer Trout 4
News The Latest: Obama, first lady hike through bota... Dec '16 Dr Wu 6
I lived in Aiea 1968/70 (Oct '15) Nov '16 Reese 2

Kaneohe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kaneohe Mortgages