Letters to the Editor - Letters

Letters to the Editor - Letters

There are 2 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jan 9, 2010, titled Letters to the Editor - Letters. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The Associated Press article "Fraud busters on patrol" that ran in the Star-Bulletin Dec.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Since: Nov 09

Kula, HI

#1 Jan 9, 2010
Replying to Dan Fox's letter. I wish it were as easy as picking up a phone but often it isn't. Most times the offender is not right next door to the complainant but several houses removed, or perhaps in the next block. You know it went up from a general area but can't point out the house or the individual. Plus there is the risk of retaliation on the part of the offender. The police won't be there to protect you. People are justified to be fearful.
You were lucky if you only experienced a "few strays" in the days preceding New Years Eve. Perhaps if you endured what some other areas have, you might have a different opinion.
I think everyone would agree that if fireworks were set off according to law, then the call for a ban would be very much diminished. But it seems we are headed in a different direction with heavier duty stuff showing up in ever increasing quantities.
Maka

Volcano, HI

#2 Jan 9, 2010
I lost our pet of 13 years due to the fireworks and I think
the whole AINOKEA attitude sucks and has killed Aloha.
I'll never forgive you and you can take your fireworks and
shove 'em.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kaneohe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aiea Jukebox (Jun '12) Apr 16 Musikologist 21
News Hawaii committee calls for Obama statue in his ... Apr 12 Joe Balls 36
News Isle housing bottom seen - Business (Apr '09) Mar '18 Dr Guru 62,110
News At 8,000 species, worms in the ocean vary widel... (Aug '09) Feb '18 Wormy 2
Paying respect and fentanyl Nov '17 three blocks 1
News Remembering the Kailua of old (Sep '08) Oct '17 Donna 18
News Signs of Hawaiian Life in the Universe (May '07) Aug '17 tongangodz 435

Kaneohe Jobs

Personal Finance

Kaneohe Mortgages